ADVERTISEMENT

22-8 and breaking down remaining schedule

Yep, I was wrong. I had us at 7-13 before the season started at a quick glance over our schedule.

I didn’t think that the B1G would be as down as it is this year before the season started.

It could be an ugly March Madness for this conference.
Not sure why you think the Big Ten is so down. 3 teams were in the top 16 of the NCAA’s projected seeds as of this morning, with MSU and OSU barely behind. While both those teams lost today, that also means Illinois moving up to an almost 2 seed and Iowa as a likely additional Tournament team.

People are way too scarred by last March … shlt happens in the Tournament. Whole new year, and it’s perfectly possible the Big Ten has several teams go on surprising runs this year instead of flopping.

Reactions: BettDogs7
FinalFour22-BigCard-Ticket-550x650.png

Thinking 10-10 gets us in, but we certainly can cement the position with an 11th win. Two relatively easy games remain, Nebraska and NU. The other three are killers. Don't know if we can defeat any of the remaining three.

But, hope lives.

I like Iowa's chances at home vs MSU and even @Mich. @Illinois I dont expect much. We should handle NW at home. Neb on the road should be a no brainer but that place has been a nightmare for us.

Iowa State will be tough, have to assume a loss

7-3

Then Utah State who is no slouch. Really need that one. Let’s say win.

8-3

Then two cupcakes.

10-3

After that it’s 18 big ten games.

Maryland W
@ Wisconsin L
Indiana L W
@ Minnesota L W
@ Rutgers W L
Penn St W
Purdue L
@Penn St L
@ Ohio St
Minnesota W
@ Maryland L W
Nebraska W
Michigan L
@ OSU L W
Michigan St L W
—————————
@ Nebraska W
Northwestern W
@ Michigan L
@ Illinois L

17-14 (7-13 big ten)

Updated 2/22

new prediction 21-10 (11-9 big ten)
You might want to update your predictions, too.

Going to kill the Bug Eaters. We should pick up Ws 20 and 21 in the next two games.

Maybe Michigan falls apart, they weren't great before this fracas. Of course, no Howard could be a blessing for them. If we upset Michigan that 22nd win might get us to a 6 seed. Or a big upset in the BTT could get us there.

Still a good future for this team. So many people were ready to just write off the season. Sure glad they play the games.

Would be nice to get the next two wins and then the Hawks would be playing with house money the rest of the year.

But that’s also my Vegas strategy, so let’s hope it goes better than that ….

I also said this /\/\//\/\/\\/\

Glad I'm wrong...
Ha, well yes, if Iowa wins every game the record will certainly improve!

Anyway, BPI has Iowa finishing slight lean to 3-1, with 2-2 close behind. Seems about right. Should be favored by 12 or so at Nebraska, around 9 against Northwestern (will be a tricky game though), a couple @ Michigan, and maybe a 4 or 5 point dog at Illinois.

Reactions: red/green hawk
Ha, well yes, if Iowa wins every game the record will certainly improve!

Anyway, BPI has Iowa finishing slight lean to 3-1, with 2-2 close behind. Seems about right. Should be favored by 12 or so at Nebraska, around 9 against Northwestern (will be a tricky game though), a couple @ Michigan, and maybe a 4 or 5 point dog at Illinois.
I could really see them finishing 3-1. J Howard acting a fool really improved those odds IMO. Who saw that coming? This team really is peaking at the right time.

I didn't hear about any punishment for UM players as a result of the UW "fight". Did players also get suspended?

Nebraska is a trap game, and I hope the Hawks come out and take care of business early.

I am getting greedy, which is usually not a great idea. I want a 25-win season, with a couple in the dance for the first time under Fran.
This. It’s about right here after a big win that I jump back in with both feet giddy like a little school boy, and then watch as the Hawks piss away one they should win!
seen this movie too many times .
Don’t take anyone lightly on the road in conference play! Come out and take care of business .

Which, IMO, was not nearly enough. The punches thrown had bad intentions. Apparently the fact that they didn’t land is the reason for the slap on the wrist. I can’t jive with that.
I don't get that at all either. The league always acts like fighting will simply NOT be tolerated then they have a coach and three players throwing hands, and the players get ONE game? Hell , is that REALLY supposed to be some kind of message? I guess it was, and unfortunately the BIG, like the NCAA won't sack up and back up its tough talk. This was a chance to send a CLEAR message, and as usual the league punted..... :(

If this team gets to the Sweet 16 it will become a darling team in Iowa history. Completely improbable with everything that we lost. Almost impossible.
They are well on their way to being a darling team in my eyes. I thought a First Four type team was their ceiling. They're on the verge of a top half of region seeding.

ADVERTISEMENT