ADVERTISEMENT

23-12

Fran-Con-2

HR All-State
Nov 17, 2019
Last year we went 23-12. Real talk, will we have a better record this year? Are we really better? Not overreacting to last night, just being realistic given the tough schedule.

We already have 7 losses. Chalk up two losses somewhere in the B10 tourney and NCAA tourney. That's 9. I really gotta believe that we lose AT LEAST 2 games in the @indiana, @Minny, @MSU, @Illinois frame. We just are not the same team on the road. That's 11 losses already.

In terms of wins, we will need to protect home court, steal a road win, and win two post-season games just to match last years win total.

I think we are a MUCH more balanced team than last year, we are far tougher, and Garza is unbelievable. But I think we end up in the same spot (record wise). Alot of that has to do with tougher schedule. Some of it has to do with our weak bench. Truth be told, this team might be better than last year but not finish with a better record. Should the fanbase be happy with that? Or do we need more? I'm sure some may be sour at the thought of it.

Given the losses we incurred before and during this season, I personally think if we are competitive in every game the rest of the way, this year will be a resounding success, regardless of the final record.

We'll be close. I think we can get to 22 wins before the conference tourney. Another hiccup like last night and that's going to be tough.

Alot of that has to do with tougher schedule. Some of it has to do with our weak bench. Truth be told, this team might be better than last year but not finish with a better record. Should the fanbase be happy with that? Or do we need more? I'm sure some may be sour at the thought of it.
We lost three contributors ...(at least one was a starter and critical piece of our perimeter offense)... to injury, so while that indirectly relates to our current weak bench, it still needs to be pointed out.

Combine that with a much tougher conference top to bottom overall, then why would anyone not be happy with how things have played out?

Last year we went 23-12. Real talk, will we have a better record this year? Are we really better? Not overreacting to last night, just being realistic given the tough schedule.
Given the losses we incurred before and during this season, I personally think if we are competitive in every game the rest of the way, this year will be a resounding success, regardless of the final record.
KenPom has Iowa's SOS at # 6 so far this year, compared to #26 last year. ESPN's numbers are similar.

I think this year's team is better than last year. The record may not reflect it. Hopefully they can get really hot in about a month for the Big10 and NCAA tournys.

Definitely a tougher schedule and a depleted roster with JBo, Nunge, and PMac out. I don't think there is any doubt that we have played much better basketball, excluding DePaul, Nebraska, and last night's butt kicking, but we probably won't have a better record than last year.

I think the Nebraska game is close to a "must-win" game, if the Hawks want to stay among the top 5/6 teams in the B1G, because the schedule is incredibly tough otherwise.

Pretty impressive that were that close after losing Cook, Bohannon, Baer, Moss, Nunge and PMAC

Also seems like we have a tougher schedule this year.

Pretty impressive that were that close after losing Cook, Bohannon, Baer, Moss, Nunge and PMAC

Also seems like we have a tougher schedule this year.

Absolutely. Tougher schedule, but a tougher team at Iowa.

I'm too much of an optimist to count any future scheduled games as losses. So I only see 2 (nearly guaranteed) losses.
BTT and NCAAS.

I say they win more than last year, as they'll have at least one more "surprise" WIN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT