ADVERTISEMENT

233 Out of 234 House Dems Just Agreed To Let Biological Men Take Over Women’s Athletics

Boy I imagine High School is gonna be great for all those boys playing on girls teams. Probably be the most popular people in school!

^ This. Sorry, this will never get close to a “crisis”. Though I have always thought there should be a national trans high school championships for these sports.

Reactions: The Tradition
I am progressive on most every topic except this one. If girls took testosterone in the levels that boys have testosterone in puberty it would be an illegal substance. I am fine with male to female trans athletes competing if they transitioned before puberty. But there are too many hormonal advantages that they received in puberty that it creates an unfair advantage if they transition post puberty, IMO.

There will be pockets of pissed off people as their daughters get rob in athletics but nationally nobody will care.

It will take some dude playing D1 women’s basketball to get a lot of people pissed off. still will not be much. Most people wouldn’t open curtains if the women’s final four was being played in their back yard.

I am progressive on most every topic except this one. If girls took testosterone in the levels that boys have testosterone in puberty it would be an illegal substance. I am fine with male to female trans athletes competing if they transitioned before puberty. But there are too many hormonal advantages that they received in puberty that it creates an unfair advantage if they transition post puberty, IMO.

What's disturbing to me is that our country allows people to "transition" before puberty.

Like seriously we don't allow 12 year olds to drink alcohol or gamble but we think they can make the call on a life changing sex change operation?

What's disturbing to me is that our country allows people to "transition" before puberty.

Like seriously we don't allow 12 year olds to drink alcohol or gamble but we think they can make the call on a life changing sex change operation?
Probably should be 21 by law and if I was a doctor I doubt I would start cutting parts off before 25 years old.

It’s a free country by that doesn’t mean you have to do it.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder

Parents get to make lots of life-altering medical decisions about their children. Remove the word medical and even more.

Probably should be 21 by law and if I was a doctor I doubt I would start cutting parts off before 25 years old.

It’s a free country by that doesn’t mean you have to do it.

Circumcision? Moles, warts? Extra appendages? Facial “defects”? Piercings?

What about those with natural testosterone levels that are high? Those that aren’t trans, but born with those types of issues? Is that like being 6’7”? Just genetic lottery?

Agree 100%.

And Dems are wrong on this. Anyone remember the movie "Ladybugs" with Rodney Dangerfield?

Biological males should not compete against girls.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Yes, and for their children. Do you believe parental medical decisions in consultation with medical professionals should be scrutinized and/or legislated?
No, not entirely. Your question over circumcision is one that I think a parent should be able to make due to the health benefits over the decision. We made the same decision for our son, and never thought twice. My parents made the same decision for me and I never thought for a second that I wish they wouldn't have. There are some things that parents shouldn't be able to decide, but things such as circumcision are OK. Getting deeper in to the weeds on this, some of it should be case by case basis - with you bringing up things like facial defects. Wide-sweeping legislation either way isn't the way to go, as there are different severities and health impacts.

Last edited:
Wait I we have been told for years that women and men are the same. That isn't true?

Remember when the president if Harvard for fired for suggesting that research should look at why men are better at math?

Maybe we just need more trans people in engineering to balance things out.

No, not entirely. Your question over circumcision is one that I think a parent should be able to make due to the health benefits over the decision. We made the same decision for our son, and never thought twice. My parents made the same decision for me and I never thought for a second that I wish they wouldn't have. There are some things that parents shouldn't be able to decide, but things such as circumcision are OK. Getting deeper in to the weeds on this, some of it should be case by case basis - with you bringing up things like facial defects. Wide-sweeping legislation either way isn't the way to go, as there are different severities and health impacts.

You want a governmental entity and prosecutor looking at medical decisions on a case-by-case basis?

We aren’t talking about home-surgery/religious ritual.

What your implication proposes scares me far more than parents electing for child sex/hormone/etc procedures.

I do appreciate your response, it is a difficult emotional issue. I think it is an easy legal one.

I can see it now before the Girls District Championship Basketball Game. "Hey, Zion...I know you're already going to Duke on an scholly, but do you think you could identify yourself as a girl for the next few days and help us out for the post-season."

I can see it now before the Girls District Championship Basketball Game. "Hey, Zion...I know you're already going to Duke on an scholly, but do you think you could identify yourself as a girl for the next few days and help us out for the post-season."

Yes, what a difficult thing to control. Surely there aren’t rules right now stopping athletes joining teams just before championships!

Reactions: OILCHECKER
Yes, what a difficult thing to control. Surely there aren’t rules right now stopping athletes joining teams just before championships!

There's not as far as I know. Usually it's right before the playoff teams have to sen their rosters off to the State Associations. You can come out at any time dues to those who play multiple sports.

This is ridiculous and it's pretty much happening the way I said already...except it's usually wrestling, track and weightlifting.

What's going to happen is there's going to be a bunch of non-trans AAU type leagues popping up and schools are going to lose out on their best athletes to these programs

There's not as far as I know. Usually it's right before the playoff teams have to sen their rosters off to the State Associations. You can come out at any time dues to those who play multiple sports.

This is ridiculous and it's pretty much happening the way I said already...except it's usually wrestling, track and weightlifting.

Name one time what you describedhas happened. One time where a male joined a female team prior to “state” and competed.

Kids are more than welcome to start transitioning whenever they want. But no ethical doctor would ever perform surgery on a kid.

What would be the problem with this, if the goal was education, involvement and opportunities?

I have a daughter and I think it would suck for her to miss out on winning a sporting event because of a trans athlete. But I bet it sucks more being trans. If competing in sports makes their live better and helps them fit in, its probably worth it. I don't see many boys pretending to be girls just to win a trophy. Unless they are being cheered on by those wanting to prove a point.

Reactions: Huey Grey
What's the problem with allowing boys to play girl sports? Nothing. Just don't them girls sports.

Was that an answer to my question? Because you seem to have answered your own question I didn’t ask.

What would be the problem of private AAU type programs popping up?

You have no idea what was stolen from you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT