ADVERTISEMENT

250,000 imbeciles descend upon Sturgis...

About to be a glut of reasonably priced Harleys on the market?
You win the thread.
I talked to a gentleman yesterday who is leaving for Sturgis tomorrow morning, and will just "stop in" before heading back on a tour of the Black Hills, through Yellowstone and then wind back South and home. I think it sounds like an awesome trip in normal circumstances but I just wouldn't have taken it this year if it were me.

LoL a bunch of Keith Richards on a bike. They likely have indulged and survived more black market pleasures over the years than all the punch covid could pull.

Keith Richards? Have you seen the doctors, dentists and lawyers lately that make up ‘biker clubs’? Harleys used to actually mean something.

There was once a time when you saw a guy on a Harley, you knew he could knock your teeth out. Now you see a guy on a Harley and you know he could probably put them back in.

How could I forget 311? Of course that numnutz is there too. Look, here he is on his way into town...

Funny+Motorcycle+Photos+6.jpg.cf.jpg

Que a couple more idiots on their way to Sturgis....

giphy.gif

The funny thing is seeing them all trailer their bikes up there. Reminds me of the movie Wild Hogs.

If I went, I'd trailer mine. 1700 miles one way would beat the heck out of anyone. 2005 Softail. Plus, I don't ride in the rain if I have a choice.

Selective outrage is great isn't it? The left literally couldn't mutter any phrase condemning any BLM protest and the connection to COVID. Even Fauci had to be pressed 5 times to give a common sense answer. For the record, the people going to Sturgis are just as big of idiots as the BLM protestors but for various different reasons.
I for one didn’t think the crowds at the protests were good ideas. That being said, fighting for equal rights vs having a redneck bike party aren’t exactly on the same playing fields for must need things to do in the middle of a pandemic.

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/screw-covid-250-000-bikers-083423022.html

Screw COVID’: 250,000 Bikers to Defy Common Sense for Nine Days at Sturgis Rally

Friday is the official start of the 80th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, where 250,000 people are expected to gather in the South Dakota town of that name for nine days of defying proven precautions against the spread of COVID-19.

“Nobody is social distancing and none of them are wearing masks,” local psychologist Michael Fellner told The Daily Beast. “None.”
========================

$100 says skank hawk and coloradonoles, among plenty of other HROTers are there.
I’m sorry this is happening to you. You’ll get through it.

Reactions: shank hawk
Good God, how did people get so stupid? Try, just for a day, to think for yourself versus relying on your narrative.

There is no good answer and if you don't think whatever media outlet you're seeing doesn't have an angle, there really is no helping you.

If you are looking to the government for your guidance and can't understand that everyone has a choice and a right to choose the risks they are willing to take, then hole up and eat shit.

This thing isn't going away and the vast majority of you don't know anyone who knows anyone who has had the virus, nevermind died from it. Think about that.

We are opening and closing things based on approval numbers, not survival rates. Get over yourselves.

I heard a story on NPR about the rally last night. Sounds like the residents didn’t want it this year, but the people who profit off of it prevailed. I guess if it turns into a super spreader event that’s someone else’s problem.

Good God, how did people get so stupid? Try, just for a day, to think for yourself versus relying on your narrative.

There is no good answer and if you don't think whatever media outlet you're seeing doesn't have an angle, there really is no helping you.

If you are looking to the government for your guidance and can't understand that everyone has a choice and a right to choose the risks they are willing to take, then hole up and eat shit.

This thing isn't going away and the vast majority of you don't know anyone who knows anyone who has had the virus, nevermind died from it. Think about that.

We are opening and closing things based on approval numbers, not survival rates. Get over yourselves.
I know several. You seem sharp as a bowling ball.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

My mom is in a nursing home that had has four deaths recently with 15 more active cases. I'm thinking about THAT. Enjoy Sturgis.

I heard a story on NPR about the rally last night. Sounds like the residents didn’t want it this year, but the people who profit off of it prevailed. I guess if it turns into a super spreader event that’s someone else’s problem.

Mist residents leave for a 10 day stretch during the rally. If you rent it’s in the agreement. It’s a huge economic driver for area. Even if it was cancelled instead of 250k you’d have 200k show up.

I heard they considered cancelling, but MANY people were going to come anyway. So they figured it would be better to prepare and do what they can to distance people. Going to be near impossible with thousands of people. Hopefully it doesn't spike cases...and we find that things can open up more

BLM protests: no social distancing, majority masked up, gathering to protest outrageous social issues, drive change and make the world a better place. Still a bad idea to get out into the masses.

Sturgis: no social distancing, masks unlikely, gathering to get drunk, ride motorcycles, and stare at saggy trash tits. Absolutely no benefit to the greater good.

Huge crowds for either are a terrible idea, but I hope a rational person can see the difference.
The cons on here are too stupid to understand this though it has been explained multiple times.

Reactions: lucas80
So are the football people waiting to see how this works out before they decide on the football season?

ADVERTISEMENT