ADVERTISEMENT

28 Straight Drives

Is there a better word than “futility” to describe this cluster? I am going to invent the word “futilmaxumus” because futility is understating it.

Reactions: jayhawk180
Without a TD scored by our offense. Announcers at one point referenced this when it was low 20s today. In big 10 play not counting kneel downs to end game or a half Iowa offense has 3 TDs on 48 possessions. One being the final drive vs Michigan in garbage time. Our last one.
I'll get my people to crunch the numbers on that, but at first glance, those numbers don't look good.
ChubbyLinearCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

The Fox in-game announcers declared the offense a "Clown Show". The half-time show was none too kind to the offensive display of lack of talent. It doesn't feel good to be a Hawk FBall fan.

Offense: 3, 7, 27, 13, 14, 6, 3 = 73
Defense: 4, 0, 0, 14, 0, 0, 7 = 25

Seven games into the season and we have yet to eclipse 100 total points scored. And slightly more than 1 out of every 4 points scored so far has come from the defense.

And NO ONE is in danger of facing unemployment.

Just think about that for a moment.

Offense: 3, 7, 27, 13, 14, 6, 3 = 73
Defense: 4, 0, 0, 14, 0, 0, 7 = 25

Seven games into the season and we have yet to eclipse 100 total points scored. And slightly more than 1 out of every 4 points scored so far has come from the defense.

And NO ONE is in danger of facing unemployment.

Just think about that for a moment.
Your analysis is pretty generous to the offense. You're giving them credit for field goals in which they were given the ball in field goal range, then failed to gain or even lost yards before kicking it. Not to mention the field position they were gifted on some of their few touchdowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT