ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Annual International HBOT Golf Championship Outing

Bank of Hawk

HB Legend
Feb 24, 2007
Dates? 9/8 or 9/15?

Course: DM Metro.. Beaver Creek, Jester Park, Copper Creek?

if it’s just whisky, storm and I again… then Lake Panorama is my pick.

Dates? 9/8 or 9/15?

I said I was in last year but backed out. I’m afraid to commit this far in advance. Willing to consider if the course is Des Moines or west of I35.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
I could likely make either date work at this point. Agree if it’s just the bros again, then Panorama is good. Otherwise for Des Moines metro, Jester, Beaver or Willow Creek are all pretty forgiving and affordable courses.

Dates? 9/8 or 9/15?

Should be before the football season starts, IMO. If it's in the Iowa City area, I'm in. Des Moines area would be a maybe.

Edit: Riverside, Saddleback, or Amana would be my picks for the Iowa City area.

Last edited:
Should be before the football season starts, IMO. If it's in the Iowa City area, I'm in. Des Moines area would be a maybe.

Edit: Riverside, Saddleback, or Amana would be my picks for the Iowa City area.
I’ve never golfed any of those, but love to golf new courses. Amanda seems like the best, location wise for QC, IC and DM folks… if there is enough interest.. maybe Amana??

Reactions: hawkeyez
I’ve never golfed any of those, but love to golf new courses. Amanda seems like the best, location wise for QC, IC and DM folks… if there is enough interest.. maybe Amana??
Have 2. Eastern Iowa and Western Iowa. Find the two groups that are interested, then settle on a date. Some can attend both if they desire.

hd dating GIF

Have 2. Eastern Iowa and Western Iowa. Find the two groups that are interested, then settle on a date. Some can attend both if they desire.
Yep, it’s fluid right now. I know you’re over by Harlan area, if I’m not mistaken… would you travel east of the DM metro for this?

I am thinking if we get tepid interest from our folks out east, it will be DM metro or Lake Pan.

What do y’all think of a central Iowa golf location and a IC/QC group for the location

Yep, it’s fluid right now. I know you’re over by Harlan area, if I’m not mistaken… would you travel east of the DM metro for this?

I am thinking if we get tepid interest from our folks out east, it will be DM metro or Lake Pan.
I’d say not much further east. DM is 90 miles.

I'm a definite maybe pending on location in DSM area and time. We usually don't drive back from football games until Sunday morning.

If the Eastern side of the state location ends up being Amana.....bring a lot of extra golf balls. I know everyone on HBOT is a scratch golfer, but at Amana, you basically got fairways and then woods.....like old growth forest.....like no hunting for your ball in hopes you can punch out, but rather "better hit another one."

***would possibly be in if something were around the IC/CR area potentially.

This guy is charge of trophy procurement
I've got a vision, that one day on the 2nd sunday of September a champion from the east and a champion from the west will face off to be deemed HBOT State champion. But for now we need to start small, One trophy. If one guy on here has that trophy as his avatar for a year we will build intrest from the grass roots up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT