141 Lee 1
149 Bartlett 16
157 Unranked
165 Edsell 33
174 Starocci 1
184 Brooks 1
197 Dean 2
285 Kerkvliet 5

What is interesting to me is Edsell at 165 which means Penn st put him in to get ranked. Now Berge didn't have enough matches to be ranked. But Cael made a comment about Berge getting his weight under control. I think they put Edsell up to see if he would get ranked and see if he may allocate a spot. Some interesting stuff at 165 for Penn st. Berge won't allocate a spot unless he gets 4 more matches in

Strange that the poll has Mason ahead of Kerk at 285 with Kerk having a recent win head to head. If that holds, it means Cass has to go through Mason to get to the finals.

I heard a rumor that Berge is dropping to 157.

Strange that the poll has Mason ahead of Kerk at 285 with Kerk having a recent win head to head. If that holds, it means Cass has to go through Mason to get to the finals.

Cass would have Schultz with Parris and Kerk on Steveson’s side of the bracket. I think this is ideal.

Why worry before B1G?

Reactions: Inthecircle
Maybe Cass will attempt upper body vs Steveson. I think that’s his only chance and at this point there’s no risk as a loss is a loss and Minnesota’s not in the title hunt.
He's gotta get close enough first to be able to wrap up with him, but the way Gable can dominate from space, I think that's a tough ask

It definitely doesn’t make sense. There are other weights which are questionable. I don’t think all voters pay attention or do the research. This is sad because it does have a bearing on NCAA seeding. This is the only part of the seeding process where an opinion comes into play.

1. Head-to-head competition — 25 percent
  2. Quality wins — 20 percent
  3. Coaches Ranking — 15 percent
  4. Results against common opponents — 10 percent
  5. RPI — 10 percent
  6. Qualifying event placement — 10 percent
  7. Win % — 10 percent

It’s definitely a tough ask, but it’s the only thing he hasn’t tried.
The way I see it…. Cass advances, Gable lowers his level and shoots, Cass does flip with half twist, immediately executes the same gymnastic move a second time and then lowers his level upon sticking the second landing and hits his own double leg. Easy-peas…

Shultz has a very good Greco background , I would rather see Cass going up top with Kerk then Schultz. He will need more movement , hand fighting and knee pulls against Him although he has extremely heavy thick hips.

Reactions: el dub
Shultz has a very good Greco background , I would rather see Cass going up top with Kerk then Schultz. He will need more movement , hand fighting and knee pulls against Him although he has extremely heavy thick hips.
I prefer Schultz. Cass did fine vs him last year and Kerk has way more upside in a given match, see Mason Parris. Schultz is not going to be hitting blast doubles and low singles. Cass has gone with him in Greco before as well and should be fully aware of what not to do on that front.

Last edited:
They wrestled in the Junior world team trial finals after Schultz was already a cadet world champ and it was virtually even. Went 3 matches with the last bout tied and got decided on criteria

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
Why do you ask why worry before BIG? That is an odd response as well. I was simply asking a question because intuitively it doesn't make sense.
No it doesn’t, but I doubt B1G seeding will put Parris in front of Kerk. That puts Cass/Kerk loser against Parris on the backside where things will get worked out (of course all assuming the unthinkable doesn’t happen and GS loses anywhere).

It’s as weird as it gets looking at it now. It’s a game of Russian roulette shooting to finish as B1G #3. 4th might safely put you at Natty 6 or 7, whereas #3 may land you at 4 or 5.

Reactions: Inthecircle
I prefer Schultz. Cass did fine vs him last year and Kerk has way more upside in a given match, see Mason Parris. Schultz is not going to be hitting blast doubles and low singles. Cass has gone with him in Greco before as well and should be fully aware of what not to do on that front.
I get your point here, I think Cass has improved big from the beginning of this season so he will be ready for everyone.

Reactions: johnyt9 and MVPFAN
This. Cass doesn’t need to go upper body with Schultz to beat him in Folkstyle. Schultz isn’t that tough in Folkstyle. Let’s not forget Cass beat Schultz twice at 2021 NCAA’s. Cass will put a saddle on him and ride him like a small pony.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT