3 best athletes born on your birthday?

THE_DEVIL

HB King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
Stolen from the DP Show

Me-
Coco Crisp, American baseball outfielder (World Series 2007, Boston Red Sox; AL stolen base leader 2011), born in Los Angeles, California

Tie Domi, Canadian ice hockey right wing (third overall penalty minutes in NHL history; Toronto Maple Leafs), born in Windsor, Ontario

Masahiro Tanaka, Japanese baseball pitcher (MLB All Star 2014, 19; 6×NPB All-Star; NY Yankees), born in Itami, Hyōgo

Kinda lame

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I did ok...

Walter Hagen (1892-1969) American golfer (11 major titles, US Open 1914, 19)

Josh Gibson (1911-1947) American Baseball HOF catcher (Negro World Series 1943, 44; 12 × NL All-Star; Triple Crown 1936, 37; batting average .466 1943

Chris Evert (1954 - 69 years old) American tennis player (18 Gram Slam singles titles)

Dave Kingman and FloJo are in the mix, as well.

F*** Bobby Hurley. ;)
I could not agree with you more.

I actually played high school ball against Jeff Lebo. Good guy. They (Carlisle) had an amazing public high school team -- Lebo, Billy Owens (Syracuse/NBA), his brother Michael Owens (Syracuse running back), their ne'er do well brother Perry Owens, and Butch Evans (who had held the school scoring mark until Jeff came along and was also a great guy). We were from a small school that had an awesome team, and came as close as anyone to beating them, in my senior year holiday tournament.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth

Arnold Palmer(1929-2016)

American golfer (7 major titles; US Masters 1958, 60, 62, 64), born in Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Roger Maris(1934-1985)

American baseball right fielder (7-time MLB All Star, 61 HRs 1961), born in Hibbing, Minnesota

1963 Randy Johnson

American Baseball HOF pitcher (10 × MLB All-Star; 5 × Cy Young Award; World Series MVP 2001; Triple Crown 2002; Seattle Mariners, Arizona Diamondbacks), born in Walnut Creek, California

Backups, Gary Danielson, Ben Wallace, Joey Votto, Bob Lanier

If you can all send me your social security numbers too....

that-would-be-great-office-space.gif

I'm not sure who's the best, most of the names I don't recognize.

The names I do recognize is Jurgen Klinsman, Hope Soio, and Terry Crews. But Terry Crews wasn't a great athlete he was famous for his acting career.

Maybe Chris Mullin. . . looks like he was on the dream team.

Gayle Sayers
Manny Ramirez
Harrison Barnes (prob not top 3 but I don’t know anything about these older soccer/Olympic sport people that I see)

March 18...my thoughts on the top 3 would be

Mike Webster, who many consider the best center ever to play in the NFL
Bonnie Blair, one of the top Olympic athletes ever
Zdeno Chara, likely future NHL HoF

Honorable mention, partly because he was a good player and partly because he was one of Berman's best nicknames...Andre "Bad Moon" Rison

Honorable Mention #2, Brian Scabaroonie Scalabrine, who might be able to hold his own in a YMCA pickup game

Looks like my biggest three are:
Satchel Paige - American Baseball HOF pitcher
Joe Sakic - Canadian Hockey Hall of Fame center
Ralph Sampson - American College/Basketball HOF center

I guess Billy Herman, American Baseball HOF second baseman should be a bigger deal, but I don't know much about him.

Outside of sports, I've got three that I like:
Gustav Mahler - Composer
Ringo Starr - Drummer
Marc Chagall - Painter

Chagall - I and the village:
images

Mahler - Adagietto Symphony No, 5:

Stolen from the DP Show

Me-
Coco Crisp, American baseball outfielder (World Series 2007, Boston Red Sox; AL stolen base leader 2011), born in Los Angeles, California

Tie Domi, Canadian ice hockey right wing (third overall penalty minutes in NHL history; Toronto Maple Leafs), born in Windsor, Ontario

Masahiro Tanaka, Japanese baseball pitcher (MLB All Star 2014, 19; 6×NPB All-Star; NY Yankees), born in Itami, Hyōgo

Kinda lame
And this is how the Devil gets your bank codes, ladies and gentlemen.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I'm not sure who's the best, most of the names I don't recognize.

The names I do recognize is Jurgen Klinsman, Hope Soio, and Terry Crews. But Terry Crews wasn't a great athlete he was famous for his acting career.

Maybe Chris Mullin. . . looks like he was on the dream team.
Hope Solo takes some awesome photographs - she's clearly the winner of that group!!

Pretty much nobody of real notoriety other than Helio Castroneves (race car driver) and Missy Franklin (5 Olympic Golds, swimming).

In the sports broadcasting industry though, Chris Berman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT