ADVERTISEMENT

3 body problem

Chuck C

HR Legend
Mar 6, 2011
Series dropped on Netflix. Just watched the first 2 episodes. Kind of interesting. The book series is on my TBR list. It’s a highly touted series that deals with the Dark Forest theory of the cosmos.

Very interested but I have to many shows right now. Maybe next weekend.

I also hearing good things about Manhunt on Apple

I read the first book and it was simply too stylistically different for me to appreciate. I think partially because it was originally written in Chinese and the mannerisms and interactions of the western characters in the book felt too stereotypical/not authentic.

But the series…I loved it. Binged it over the weekend and couldn’t stop watching. Big budget production from the team behind the Game of Thrones series and they made some modifications to the story that I think helped way more than hurt.

I am hopeful they don’t f*ck up the series finale like they did with GoT.

Series dropped on Netflix. Just watched the first 2 episodes. Kind of interesting. The book series is on my TBR list. It’s a highly touted series that deals with the Dark Forest theory of the cosmos.

Hmmm

I thought this one was gonna be about the wife coming home unexpectedly when you were in bed with the mistress....

I read the first book and it was simply too stylistically different for me to appreciate. I think partially because it was originally written in Chinese and the mannerisms and interactions of the western characters in the book felt too stereotypical/not authentic.

But the series…I loved it. Binged it over the weekend and couldn’t stop watching. Big budget production from the team behind the Game of Thrones series and they made some modifications to the story that I think helped way more than hurt.

I am hopeful they don’t f*ck up the series finale like they did with GoT.
Chinese media is awful. Their television shows are regularly 50+ episodes in a season. Their books are often even more drawn out.

I really like the science fiction addressed in the series, but reading them was a slog.

Just started and looks good but the very premise of the thing so far is what I hate. People seeing crazy shit and telling no one about it.

Felt like it tapered off at the end

The next phase of the story expands in both time and space. They have to sort of kill most of the human interaction focus of the plot going forward as story is more about how the entire species reacts than it is about how any particular character feels or acts.

Reactions: TennNole17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT