ADVERTISEMENT

#24 Ranked 2021 Class After Deavin Hilson & OL Michael Myslinski COMMIT.

Obviously, this will be a great class for us. But...it has some crazy potential.

Johnson - Would really round out WR
Bell - I like his potential, and prefer we start over recruiting the position
Parks - Not seeing a lot of other great options, except for the dude from Hillcrest h.s., Parks would be huge for RB. I am amazed we dont attract more talent annually.
Fidone - not much to say here, I think he really wants to pick N, would be quite the haul for us.

One more EDGE rusher and a QB would be nice too!

Reactions: naturalmwa
Who's next?

Is there room for Skyler Bell now?
I'm wondering that myself. However, with that said ... the Hawks will be graduating 3 WRs after the 2020 season ... and there is always the possibility of attrition (Marchese could decide to graduate after 4 or Oliver Martin could potentially leave based on perceived opportunity for playing time).

So we might be done ... or we might take one more. I do believe that the '21 class could grow upwards to 24 or 25 guys ... so there is still plenty of room for more guys. It all depends on where the coaches are prioritizing their personnel needs.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I'm wondering that myself. However, with that said ... the Hawks will be graduating 3 WRs after the 2020 season ... and there is always the possibility of attrition (Marchese could decide to graduate after 4 or Oliver Martin could potentially leave based on perceived opportunity for playing time).

So we might be done ... or we might take one more. I do believe that the '21 class could grow upwards to 24 or 25 guys ... so there is still plenty of room for more guys. It all depends on where the coaches are prioritizing their personnel needs.
Seth could use a LB! ;)

Why do kids bother to says their recruitment is still open when they haven't committed? Isn't that pretty obvious?

It will be interesting to see what happens with Iowa legacy Joe Alt (his dad was an All B1G offensive tackle).

His main recruiter is Tim Polasek.

He has visited Iowa twice: 11/16/19 & 3/1/20; was also scheduled for 6/19/20.

His 6 offers:
Iowa
Iowa State
Kansas State
Minnesota
Missouri
Northwestern

nvtluntanhwx9p9jdgky

Reactions: Simbahawk4
FOUR more names to keep your eyes & ears on:

(1) Donaven McCulley
4 star Dual Thread QB

12 Offers:

TOP 5:
IOWA--recruited by Kelvin Bell
Indiana
Ole Miss
Purdue
Missouri
Others:
Michigan State
Kentucky
Cincinnati
Wake Forest
Western Michigan
Bowling Green
Central Michigan

(2) Michael Myslinski

Has 24 offers, including:
IOWA--recruited by Derrick Foster
Florida State
Illinois
Louisville
Maryland
Michigan State
Texas

(3) Austin Booker

Has 20 offers, including:
IOWA--camped at Iowa last summer, and Ferentz gave him his first Power Five offer last December.

Wisconsin
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Oregon
Texas
Arizona
Arizona State
Boston College

(4) Rayshaun Benny

Has 35 offers, including:
IOWA
Michigan
Auburn
Georgia
Tennessee
Clemson
Ohio State

I’d love to see us land a couple more of our early targets in May. We got very spoiled with the recent run on commits and we are all definitely getting greedy.

Self quarantined and social distancing feeds my need for more good news. I need a fix.

In case you missed it:

Check this grad transfer portal prospect out. As you can see, Jack grew up a Hawkeye fan.

Also, as you can see, Pro Football Focus graded Heflin at 90.1 overall last season, which was #1 in the MAC and #9 in the country for interior defensive linemen.

Jack Heflin, Defensive Tackle, Northern Illinois.

In case you missed it:

Check this grad transfer portal prospect out. As you can see, Jack grew up a Hawkeye fan.

Also, as you can see, Pro Football Focus graded Heflin at 90.1 overall last season, which was #1 in the MAC and #9 in the country for interior defensive linemen.

Jack Heflin, Defensive Tackle, Northern Illinois.

Would be a massive get. Like what I have read about the kid. With the way Iowa has loved bouncing guys around on the DL the more quality depth the better.

I didnt see the thread on it, probably because Fran has changed the title too many times, but isnt someone announcing today?
Was it Bell?
I believe he pushed his announcement date back.
I thought it was Bell announcing today, but I am getting old and my memory is fading. LOL

Sorry, CJ, that you did not see the "Skyler Bell" part of this thread title.;)

This is post #73. See post #64 above, where Sklyer told everyone what is going on with his recruitment.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT