ADVERTISEMENT

#24 Ranked 2021 Class After Deavin Hilson & OL Michael Myslinski COMMIT.

They have already taken two. Would seem unlikely they take 3 in one class.
they want him so bad that they have never offered even after he commits to Miami Ohio. If the kid is smart he sees through Frosty's BS if offered.

As a Nebraska fan, I can honestly say that it would really suck to lose Carnie. The kid has a faster laser time than Fidone, which obviously doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to be a star, but he has been very impressive so far in every game this season, and I’m hearing he’s going to receive a huge ratings bump.
And I am confident the Iowa coaches will get him drafted and make him a millionaire.

I think the coaches know he will bolt if Nebby offers so they are probably going to be looking at other options. Even if he commits I suspect the coaches will not trust the commitment. He does see to have a lot of potential if properly coached up and developed.

He seems smooth and tough but not nearly as fast as Fidone. I'll be happy if he comes to Iowa coz he's the type we routinely coach to yield great production, and equally pleased if he goes to NE 'coz he'll eat up one of their schollys. win-win either way.

interesting.

from the front page story, James is FULLY AWARE that Debbie has already signed two TEs; that is an issue for him.

Iowa is his FIRST Power 5 offer.

Iowa puts TEs in the NFL.

It will be interesting to see what he decides.
Nebby board says Rollins doesn't/can't play defense. If this kid goes to the Huskers, he likely won't be a TE, imo.

Would Frost get a third TE just to keep the Hawks from getting him? That would mean he's worried about the perception of losing top in Staters to rival B1G schools.

Gotta feel for Fidone. He is more talented then Carnie but Carnie will end up in the NFL and probably have a high round pick because he chose a school that will develop him and utilize him. Nebby won’t be able to do that.
Feel for him? Why? The evidence was out in the open and he had some clearly better options. He made his choice.

He has a faster laser-timed 40 than Fidone.
woah, that’s awesome. i was just going by eye-test comparison of the video linked in this thread versus fidone’s (not sure which camp but was posted here ages ago).

Nebraska is likely going to offer Carnie. I’ve heard he’s a lock to Nebraska if offered.
Doubt it. WTF does Nebraska want with 3 TEs in that offense? Honestly, would feel bad for 3 kids if they do all go to Nebraska. What a waste of opportunities. Only reason Frost will be around next year is if Big Ten doesn't play. Even Frost can't withstand another losing season.

Last edited:
Wow, I really like what I see in Carnie by watching his video.

I know he's a huge Nebraska fan but why would you want to be the 3rd TE in the class? Make the call to Brian and commit to Iowa.

Show Frost and his staff they should have recognized the skill a long time ago by wearing the black and gold. Make them regret it.

The other kid Rollins projects at DE and TE. It’s probably a matter of just getting a kid on the program and figuring it out later. Smart move if they did take all three. We did the same with Hock/Fant/Beyer

Nebby board says Rollins doesn't/can't play defense. If this kid goes to the Huskers, he likely won't be a TE, imo.

Would Frost get a third TE just to keep the Hawks from getting him? That would mean he's worried about the perception of losing top in Staters to rival B1G schools.

I think he absolutely would just so Iowa does not.

I think he absolutely would just so Iowa does not.

I think if Frost takes him, that might be part of it, but it’s also no secret that Carnie is flying under the radar right now, and Frost has also been adamant about keeping in state kids.

what I’m more curious about is if they have enough room for him at this point. at one point I heard they only have room for up to 18 kids in this class at the max, and they already have two other silent commits apparently..... they must be expecting some attrition already.

Either way, I still stand by what I said earlier: Whoever gets him is getting a very underrated recruit in the 2021 class.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
I think if Frost takes him, that might be part of it, but it’s also no secret that Carnie is flying under the radar right now, and Frost has also been adamant about keeping in state kids.

what I’m more curious about is if they have enough room for him at this point. at one point I heard they only have room for up to 18 kids in this class at the max, and they already have two other silent commits apparently..... they must be expecting some attrition already.

Either way, I still stand by what I said earlier: Whoever gets him is getting a very underrated recruit in the 2021 class.
Is there a Debbie TE making the noise that Kittle, Hockenson and Fant currently are making?

It should be a no brainer decision if the kid is looking at a 40 year decision and not a 3 or 4 year decision.

Is there a Debbie TE making the noise that Kittle, Hockenson and Fant currently are making?

It should be a no brainer decision if the kid is looking at a 40 year decision and not a 3 or 4 year decision.

Nope, I think the only one even getting significant playing time at this point is Cethan Carter, and technically Jared Cook is a former tight end under Frost, but I wasn’t arguing about what the right decision is for him, and it’s no secret Iowa has definitely had more success at the tight end position than Nebraska. I’m just saying why Frost would go after him, even with two other tight ends in the room.

I'm not that good at predicting where kids will go but I am picking Carnie to land at Iowa. On a related note, I think Fidone will only be at Nebby two years tops and will transfer or take his chances in the NFL draft.

ADVERTISEMENT