ADVERTISEMENT

#24 Ranked 2021 Class After Deavin Hilson & OL Michael Myslinski COMMIT.

Nothing new from 24/7. I'm still thinking the ISU commit gets an Iowa offer if this one falls through.

247 is predicting TE Micah Riley to Iowa.
Not surprised, I remember his dad grew up in Iowa and said in an interview after he got the offer that Iowa was his dream school growing up. Obviously things an change but that doesn't hurt. It seems like he is a little higher ranked than his TE teammate that also got an offer in the same class, but would be awesome to get both!
isn’t that a 2022 guy?
Yes, Iowa offered both Riley and his '22 TE teammate Kaden Helms.

Reactions: desihawk
I think he was just sharing the graphic but not positive
Yeah, DeJean just posted the same graphic. But this isn't the first Iowa graphic Carnie has posted and I'm not seeing the same kinda posts for other schools. He's obviously waiting for something, and the longer it goes on the longer I wonder if he's waiting for a Nebraska offer, but for the time being I think we sit in a really good spot.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Not surprised, I remember his dad grew up in Iowa and said in an interview after he got the offer that Iowa was his dream school growing up. Obviously things an change but that doesn't hurt. It seems like he is a little higher ranked than his TE teammate that also got an offer in the same class, but would be awesome to get both!

Yes, Iowa offered both Riley and his '22 TE teammate Kaden Helms.
And a 15 year old freshman WR on that team as well! Bellevue West is loaded...Johnson is probably the best player in the state, looks like a fresh/soph ISM right now, we got a good one boys and keep that Omaha pipeline going!

And a 15 year old freshman WR on that team as well! Bellevue West is loaded...Johnson is probably the best player in the state, looks like a fresh/soph ISM right now, we got a good one boys and keep that Omaha pipeline going!
Omaha is basically a suburb of Council Bluffs lol. I really think we could pull Riley and Helms which would be much better then just Fidone IMO.

Carnie would be a solid pick up for Iowa. Nebraska already has Fidone and Rollins and wants to push for Riley next year. I think Johnson is the 3rd best in Nebraska this season.

Sounds like Nebraska offered James Carnie. He lives in the Lincoln Metro area and is a big fan. Likely a Husker lean.

If he does goes to N it’s still ok coz imo they would’ve had to use up a scholly solely to ensure he doesn’t come here. Of course, if he comes to Iowa like he should, even better.
Getting a Nebby offer isn't a bad thing. Increases the probability the Hawks get the two studs from that State in the 2022 class. And yeah, forces the Huskers to use a scholly they probably weren't planning on using.

Let him go there and not develop.

Reactions: Franisdaman
If Carnie goes to the Huskers, I fully expect Rollins to go elsewhere.

Update... four separate predictions on 24/7 of Carnie to the Huskers.

Nebraska was hinting at 2-3 TE this year and 1 or 2 next year.
Husker fan here. Just like looking at other perspectives. Nebraska did not sign any TEs last year and converted the lone 2018 TE signee to more of a hybrid WR position. Current roster TEs all seniors or juniors. Taking up to 5 over next two classes is not ideal, but doable with redshirts, position changes, transfers, etc. Weird to have five 3-star (or better) TEs within 50 miles of campus over two seasons. Rollins out of Creighton Prep is more of a project, so a redshirt is needed. He would be most likely to switch to D if they decide to do so.

Frost wants to run 2 TE sets, but the TEs left over from Riley are not even average so he has not been doing it the first two seasons. Should see much more going forward along with spreading Fidone out wide for mismatches.

Husker fan here. Just like looking at other perspectives. Nebraska did not sign any TEs last year and converted the lone 2018 TE signee to more of a hybrid WR position. Current roster TEs all seniors or juniors. Taking up to 5 over next two classes is not ideal, but doable with redshirts, position changes, transfers, etc. Weird to have five 3-star (or better) TEs within 50 miles of campus over two seasons. Rollins out of Creighton Prep is more of a project, so a redshirt is needed. He would be most likely to switch to D if they decide to do so.

Frost wants to run 2 TE sets, but the TEs left over from Riley are not even average so he has not been doing it the first two seasons. Should see much more going forward along with spreading Fidone out wide for mismatches.
I read the Husker forums from time to time. There are multiple posts saying Rollins doesn't like, or want, to play defense.

How's that work?

Reactions: njvorst921
I read the Husker forums from time to time. There are multiple posts saying Rollins doesn't like, or want, to play defense.

How's that work?
Husker fan here. Neb likes Rollins a lot at TE but he can also add 25-30lbs and be a 3-4 DE or OLB. I’m pretty dialed in and I have not heard anything about him not wanting to play defense.

With Carnie likely being N, Nebraska will only take one TE in the ‘22 class and that will most likely be Kaden Helms at this point. It doesn’t sound like Neb has been in the picture for Micah Riley at any point. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he goes to Iowa.

I also wouldn’t rule out Neb moving WR Chis Hickman (who Iowa offered in the ‘19 class) to move back to TE as a Junior or Senior as he continues to add weight.

does Carnie want to develop and not only play in college but in the NFL?
You make college choices for many reasons. Maybe it means more to him to have family and friends able to watch him play? Perhaps he has no interest in playing in the NFL.

If he wants to play on Sundays... it's a no brainer. But from what I've read... I have no idea what his motivation might be.

You make college choices for many reasons. Maybe it means more to him to have family and friends able to watch him play? Perhaps he has no interest in playing in the NFL.

If he wants to play on Sundays... it's a no brainer. But from what I've read... I have no idea what his motivation might be.
Keagan Johnson's decision of picking Iowa over Little Debbie was based on the fact that Iowa puts players in the NFL. Keagan clearly wants to play in the NFL.

Fidone's decision was based on him being a huge Debbie fan his entire life and his belief that his talent would take him to the NFL no matter where he played.

Carnie is a huge Debbie fan, from what I have read. However, does he trust the Debbie staff that they will help develop him into the best player he can be? Should he trust them, based on the player development results to date? After all, simply compare who Scott Frost/Litte Debbie has put in the NFL with the numbers Iowa has put in the NFL.

Keagan Johnson's decision of picking Iowa over Little Debbie was based on the fact that Iowa puts players in the NFL. Keagan clearly wants to play in the NFL.

Fidone's decision was based on him being a huge Debbie fan his entire life and his belief that his talent would take him to the NFL no matter where he played.

Carnie is a huge Debbie fan, from what I have read. However, does he trust the Debbie staff that they will help develop him into the best player he can be? Should he trust them, based on the player development results to date? After all, simply compare who Scott Frost/Litte Debbie has put in the NFL with the numbers Iowa has put in the NFL.

True, overall. I would say WR has been a weak spot to say the least for us. Overall player development is not even close though as we over deliver and Iowa has really elevated their WR play over past couple years. I could see ISM and Tracy playing on Sundays. I have to think a player like Kaegan saw the program consistency + player development success + recent momentum on offense.

It is hard to fault kids for wanting to stay close to home and play for the team they grew up rooting for. On the other hand though, kids need to look at what is best for them and turn off the noise from friends and family. That is why I wasnt surprised at all with Fidone staying close to home (I understand he technically grew up in Iowa). I think Carnie will go to Neb but that also hurts them to some degree in the next cycle of major talent they have coming up.

True, overall. I would say WR has been a weak spot to say the least for us. Overall player development is not even close though as we over deliver and Iowa has really elevated their WR play over past couple years. I could see ISM and Tracy playing on Sundays. I have to think a player like Kaegan saw the program consistency + player development success + recent momentum on offense.

Yeah, our WR room generally has been one of our weaker units under KF as far as NFL potential. ISM and Smith will both get a look this spring/fall. Copeland has really elevated the overall talent imo.

I view Fidone's decision differently. He has the ability to start at UNLLLLL as a freshman and play four years and be a hero.

He comes to Iowa and would not likely see the field as a freshman but rather as a sophomore and junior then NFL. If he comes to Iowa he only plays two years and is nothing more than another TE we sent to the NFL.

He would rather be a big fish in a little pond than a big fish in a big pond. (He remains a big fish either way.)

Until Nebraska has a winning season or plays in a bowl game, They'll remain a bottom feeder. Facilities and tradition only count for so much.

They've had more 4* transfers than most teams in the country. Carnie isn't a 4*, so he won't add to that list.

Reactions: Torg and owenhawk
So if Carnie goes to NU what's next for Iowa? Not take a TE this cycle or go after someone else like the ISU commit who'd probably decommit with an Iowa offer.

ADVERTISEMENT