ADVERTISEMENT

3 teams you dislike the most and why...

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
I was reading some posts on here and thought everyone seems to be agitated by a few teams. So I ask, which 3 teams do you dislike the most and why?
Mine:
1. Kentucky- hate the 1 and dones, feel slimy being in the SEC and the have Coach Cal which means I know they are cheating.

2- Iowa St.- I believe in 2nd chances but for a good stretch it seemed like a guy had to be kicked out of a program to play for ISU. Then they beat us with said talent. Rivalry game.

3- Arizona- how in the world do they continue to get out if their sanctions? They were caught cheating and nothing serious has happened. They are always on TV because they are a blue blood but they haven't been elite in awhile.

HM- Duke, Kansas, Illinois, and Florida.

1 ISU-no explanation needed.

2 Wisconsin...border rival who's program has out preformed ours over the last several years....after we had out performed them for decades. Add the Grinch to that mix and then the current attitude most evident by the nut puncher's display of behavior....Pritzel and others.

3 MSU....besides their beating us on a regular basis I despise their (physical) pushing, grabbing, fouling on every possession defense. You will see that turned up a few notches whenever the game is on the line and Izzo pushes them and the officials beyond the limits of belief.

1. Kansas - Have hated KU since I was a kid and LaFrentz went there. Cheaters and in some ways like Nebraska football of old, gets too much credit in an overrated conference. It pained me that Moss went there but I have hated them less because of him. Hate will go back up after this year.

2. North Carolina - This is a recent add for me. Cheaters without consequences. I didn’t even realize a dislike for them until this season when I have enjoyed their run in the basement of the ACC.

3. ISU/UNI fans on Twitter. Don’t hate their teams just hate their stupid takes

I hate cheaters first. Then I hate teams that have turned the Big Ten into football on a court.

1. MSU meets both criteria (accusations have come out in the Nike trial against them)
  2. Wisconsin meets the 2nd one (and if you go back to the free shoes 20 years ago, the first too)
  3. NC meets the first one and got away with it completely because the school effectively said that their academics don’t matter. That to me is the most egregious display against the NCAA since the SMU death penalty. I don’t know how the university wasn’t permanently discredited after that. Such blatant disregard for academic integrity.

So I’d say that is my top three.

Otherwise, throw in Arizona as a known cheater, Kansas as an accused one, Louisville is a known cheater and their former cheating coach is now at Kentucky, so throw them in too. And finally, Duke because they are annoying as hell and you just know stuff is going on under the table there too. There’s probably a few others that should be on the list, but whatever.

It has been over 20 years since Minny’s and Illinois’s cheating scandals, so I’m willing to move on. I hate the Minny fan base more than the team itself. And ISU is annoying because they beat us with some regularity, but they seem to be following the rules when they do that. So they get a pass too, but once again the fan base is more annoying than the team.

B1G Basketball
1. Rutgers - bunch of thugs ballin up
2. Illinois - Thugs 2.0
3. Penn St. - Because they always over achieve against us

Non-B1G
1. Iowa St. - Because they suck
2. Gonzaga - Play in a real conference
3. KU - Because Bill Self is scum

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
#1- Wisconsin- Their teams are boring and they win more than they should.
#2- The Badgers- Their fans think they are elite. They aren't.
#3- Bucky Badger- I hate these guys.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Duke and it’s not even close. Coach K is a total sham and made mega bucks off the backs of great players and Duke Vitale licking his boots.
Agree with Duke (dirty players and media bias) with Kentucky (dirty program IMO) tied for first
Kansas (dirty program IMO)
North Carolina (Williams and his poor boy act as well as media bias)
MSU would be 4th - cannot stand Izzo, rape culture, and constant officiating bias to his whining

Iowa State- their fans have the most over inflated view of the athletic dept than any fans out there.

Illinois- their fans are insufferable all over a Chevy Blazer

Wisconsin- boring basketball and they have been really good the last 20 years

Last edited:
MSU-Foul every possession
Wisconsin-Foul every possession
Duke-whiny little bitches who get all the calls.

I hate cheaters first. Then I hate teams that have turned the Big Ten into football on a court.

1. MSU meets both criteria (accusations have come out in the Nike trial against them)
  2. Wisconsin meets the 2nd one (and if you go back to the free shoes 20 years ago, the first too)
  3. NC meets the first one and got away with it completely because the school effectively said that their academics don’t matter. That to me is the most egregious display against the NCAA since the SMU death penalty. I don’t know how the university wasn’t permanently discredited after that. Such blatant disregard for academic integrity.

So I’d say that is my top three.

Otherwise, throw in Arizona as a known cheater, Kansas as an accused one, Louisville is a known cheater and their former cheating coach is now at Kentucky, so throw them in too. And finally, Duke because they are annoying as hell and you just know stuff is going on under the table there too. There’s probably a few others that should be on the list, but whatever.

It has been over 20 years since Minny’s and Illinois’s cheating scandals, so I’m willing to move on. I hate the Minny fan base more than the team itself. And ISU is annoying because they beat us with some regularity, but they seem to be following the rules when they do that. So they get a pass too, but once again the fan base is more annoying than the team.

North Carolina is moving way up for me as well. Im tired of them never being punished.

Reactions: DewHawk
UNLV, Wichita State, Dayton and Toledo, yeah I'm old and hold grudges...
2wcbw0.gif

If the Clowns and Connie aren’t at the top of your list you’re doing it wrong.

Growing up in the late 80’s and early 90’s in the QCA, Illinois holds a special place for me in the hate dept.

I’d call it a coin flip between ISU and Illinois in terms of most hated. I don’t think I could pick just one.

After all these years I can still not grasp the “root for ISU when they’re not playing Iowa” belief.

If the Clowns and Connie aren’t at the top of your list you’re doing it wrong.

I live in Central Iowa and can't imagine having ISU that high. I have the entire B1G ahead of them. They are an afterthought, and I have 2 neighbors that are ISU fans.

I was reading some posts on here and thought everyone seems to be agitated by a few teams. So I ask, which 3 teams do you dislike the most and why?
Mine:
1. Kentucky- hate the 1 and dones, feel slimy being in the SEC and the have Coach Cal which means I know they are cheating.

2- Iowa St.- I believe in 2nd chances but for a good stretch it seemed like a guy had to be kicked out of a program to play for ISU. Then they beat us with said talent. Rivalry game.

3- Arizona- how in the world do they continue to get out if their sanctions? They were caught cheating and nothing serious has happened. They are always on TV because they are a blue blood but they haven't been elite in awhile.

HM- Duke, Kansas, Illinois, and Florida.

Pissconsin, Ill annoy, Izzo's Thug U

WestConsin, tops the list of everything I hate nobody is even close... if Football, you can add Nebraska right in there! I don’t even like red and white and Adidas anymore because of them.. so throw Indiana basketball in there too although they’ve been less irritating in my adulthood. But growing up in the 90’s couldn’t stand them or their coach Bob.

I would be remiss if I was to act like I can stand watching Tom Izzo’s face and actions on the side lines while Iowa is playing MSU as well.. to many times I’ve seen his players have to restrain him from going after his own players and refs.. so yeah add MSU in there too..

Overall:
Purdue

Basketball:
ISU
MSU
Illinois
Minnesota
Wisconsin

Football:
ISU
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Minnesota

I honestly think I hate Wisconsin worse than Illinois. Must have happened sometime over the last dozen years. But good gravy I hate everything about that program and their drunken stank ass fans.

ISU/Minn/Neb not really worth hating.

Ohio State, biggest school in the nation, or was, and the fanbase feels entitled
Michigan State, little sister to Michigan but pretending to be relevant and nasty message board fans, like ours sometimes
Stanford, cocky little bastards

Duke - Hurley, Laettner, Parks, etc. Couldn't stand any of those guys.

Illinois - I don't know why, but I have hated them since I was a kid.

Nebraska - Cuz they're Nebraska. I hate them in every sport. Even ones I don't watch. And their corn sucks.

I’m surprised there aren’t more Jacksonville, Louisville, and UNLVs listed.

The first two were from before I was born, but I’m pretty sure we win the title those years if we stay healthy and get past those games.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Ohio State, biggest school in the nation, or was, and the fanbase feels entitled
Michigan State, little sister to Michigan but pretending to be relevant and nasty message board fans, like ours sometimes
Stanford, cocky little bastards

I was under the impression this is just about basketball programs.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
1. Always the next team we play
2. Usually the last team we lost to
3. Any team who slows the game down and restricts freedom of movement (e.g., Wisconsin, Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois)

When number 3 is our next game or we just lost to them, then I am not particularly pleasant to be around.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT