ADVERTISEMENT

3-year-old Coralville boy dies of apparent gunshot wounds

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
A 3-year-old Coralville boy has died from apparent gunshot injuries, and the Police Department and Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation are looking into the circumstances.

Damaria Sanders died Sunday evening at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, according to an Iowa Department of Public Safety news release. He had suffered gunshot wounds earlier that day inside his home in the 900 block of Boston Way in Coralville.

The news release said an autopsy will be conducted in the coming days.

Coralville police were called to Damaria's home at 12:19 p.m. Sunday for reported gunshot wounds. He was taken to UIHC and pronounced dead six hours later.

Affordable house user at one time
Brian Joseph Ferentz
Bond: $1476
Arrest Age 23
Cedar Rapids, Gwinnett, GA
More Information >>>
Arrested Nov 27, 2006
• #1 * dui
Ferentz Brian - Gwinnett County, GA

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks
Unfortunate that not all Iowans are as financially secure as yourself.

Damn, you're disgusting.
Hell, the people living in affordable housing are about as financially secure as you can get. Cut out your main housing expense, and it’s all play money! Sign me up

Hell, the people living in affordable housing are about as financially secure as you can get. Cut out your main housing expense, and it’s all play money! Sign me up

It is actually fantastic and available to anyone. Write that check for your final mortgage payment. It's an amazing feeling to not owe a single penny to anybody. Pull on those bootstraps fella!

It is actually fantastic and available to anyone. Write that check for your final mortgage payment. It's an amazing feeling to not owe a single penny to anybody. Pull on those bootstraps fella!
That’s not true. The con artists in city hall come in and raid you for tax money. Property taxes on a decent house are way higher than how much money section 8 “oppressed victims” pay in housing.

Sad story. Must have had a massive heart attack. If he was on the scene, there must have been EMTs, or at least fellow officers who rendered aid, and he still passed away. It's terrible how a sad story can get worse.
I drove past Gay / Ciha Funeral Home today and I saw a Coralville PD car out front. I thought it was odd how it was placed. Like it was for show, and not someone visiting. I drove by later on today and saw a Johnson County cruiser out front. I assumed it was a retired officer that had passed because I hadn't heard the specifics until now.

When we poured those apartments in the 80's, who knew they'd turn into the crap hole they are today. Affordable housing, yeah...
That apartment complex has huge issues. It's not the first death there or the now scheezy hotel nearby.

Sad story. Must have had a massive heart attack. If he was on the scene, there must have been EMTs, or at least fellow officers who rendered aid, and he still passed away. It's terrible how a sad story can get worse.
I drove past Gay / Ciha Funeral Home today and I saw a Coralville PD car out front. I thought it was odd how it was placed. Like it was for show, and not someone visiting. I drove by later on today and saw a Johnson County cruiser out front. I assumed it was a retired officer that had passed because I hadn't heard the specifics until now.
If it's total cardiac arrest, pretty much game over.

• Sad
Reactions: JupiterHawk
If it's total cardiac arrest, pretty much game over.
Terrible deal. I'm pretty hardened, but anything involving kids is rough to deal with. I don't understand why medical professionals or health insurance agencies aren't more progressive about checking your heart on a regular basis once you get 40ish. Like getting a colonoscopy or mammograms, why don't they schedule a stress test and echogram at a certain age? Try to find issues before it's too late.

Terrible deal. I'm pretty hardened, but anything involving kids is rough to deal with. I don't understand why medical professionals or health insurance agencies aren't more progressive about checking your heart on a regular basis once you get 40ish. Like getting a colonoscopy or mammograms, why don't they schedule a stress test and echogram at a certain age? Try to find issues before it's too late.
You're a 1000 percent correct. Please stay safe.

You're a 1000 percent correct. Please stay safe.
I just saw an article where the average male lives to age 78. The average cop dies 22 years before an average male. I have a family history of high blood pressure and cholesterol and heart issues. My time is limited on earth, so I need to retire early to enjoy a year or two.

I just saw an article where the average male lives to age 78. The average cop dies 22 years before an average male. I have a family history of high blood pressure and cholesterol and heart issues. My time is limited on earth, so I need to retire early to enjoy a year or two.
that's a shocking statistic. Wow.

Reactions: Hawkman98
Can that be correct? The life expectancy of a police officer is only 56? That seems crazy. Add that to the many reasons why I don't get why anyone would want that job.

So much ugliness and hatred on this thread, and no one has yet pointed out that an innocent three-year-old boy was killed, a community member who does deserve affordable housing and equal opportunity and support, and most of all, who deserves to live in a place where guns don’t outnumber people, because there are over 400 million handguns in this country, and a place where heartless people don’t insult each other and spew racist propaganda over a dead three year olds body.

My God - what’s wrong with most all of you?

More discussion about a tragic heart attack of a white police officer than a little boy who died.

his name is DAMARIA SANDERS.

Reactions: MitchLL
You can regain your health post retirement. High stress jobs are no good. Science jobs with unrealistic deadlines are no better.

Reactions: Hawkman98
So much ugliness and hatred on this thread, and no one has yet pointed out that an innocent three-year-old boy was killed, a community member who does deserve affordable housing and equal opportunity and support, and most of all, who deserves to live in a place where guns don’t outnumber people, because there are over 400 million handguns in this country, and a place where heartless people don’t insult each other and spew racist propaganda over a dead three year olds body.

More discussion about a tragic heart attack of a white police officer than a little boy who died.

The name of the young child triggered this thread into the typical bullshit from some of the usual suspects.

SSDD See posts #2 and #20.

Significance of the police officers epidermis?

Reactions: ICHerky
I know two officers that have had heart attacks in their 40's.

Can that be correct? The life expectancy of a police officer is only 56? That seems crazy. Add that to the many reasons why I don't get why anyone would want that job.
I saw another statistic. The average person goes through 3 traumatizing events in their lifetime and the average police officer goes through hundreds in their career. I'm guessing the stress of the job really shaves the years off of your life.

Crazy. I lived in the 900 block of Boston Way in the very early 1990's back then it was a neighborhood of young UI/UIHC employees. The apartments back then were nice. My place was brand new. Drove through there about 5 years ago and couldn't believe the change. Especially the trees. Back in the day there were very few big trees. Now there is huge trees.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Nothing has leaked out about what happened. My guess is a loose gun in the apartment.
I have heard that Sgt. Williams was the first on the scene, suffered the heart attack, and that’s why nobody could assist him. S*** deal. He did call his wife.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT