ADVERTISEMENT

3-year-old mauled to death by pit bull family owned just 5 days

Perhaps this guy should consider having a lion as a pet. I mean, just look at what Siegfried and Roy are able to do.

The vast majority of Pit Bulls don't maul people to death.

Most of the Pit Bull haters don't understand the breed at all and have demonized them to be killers because of their own ignorance.

Enlighten us. I've been around pit bull puppies - they're soulless.

Enlighten us. I've been around pit bull puppies - they're soulless.

A good Pitbull is an awesome dog. I'd probably take a good Pitbull over almost every other breed.

The main problem with Pitbulls is many of the people that own them have no business doing so. The lower elements of society have adopted them as their official breed and that's tragic. IMO.

The real crazy breeds are Dalmatian's, Chow-Chow's, and Cocker Spaniels, IMO. Not Pit Bulls.

False.

The breed has been adopted by stupid people, but a good Pit Bull is as good as any other breed, if not better; smart, loyal, athletic and cool looking.
Petey was a Pit Bull.

little-rascals-pit-pup.350pjpg.jpg

That said, I wouldn't leave my kid around one that I didn't know well.

I love dogs. I've had dogs my entire life. Right now I have a 15-month old yellow lab ...

I firmly believe pit bulls can be good dogs. Just as I firmly believe any dog can be mean with the wrong owner as I firmly believe any dog can be a great dog with the right owner. That being said ... pit bulls scare the shiiiiiat out of me. :eek:

Terrible; I feel for that family.

I would never own a pit bull if I have small kids at home. Hell, I probably would never own one regardless.

Do you think dogs get jealous and that is why they attack?

My family had a german shepherd and it attacked my older brother; he survived with bite marks but my mom and dad quickly got rid of the dog

I love dogs. I've had dogs my entire life. Right now I have a 15-month old yellow lab ...

I firmly believe pit bulls can be good dogs. Just as I firmly believe any dog can be mean with the wrong owner as I firmly believe any dog can be a great dog with the right owner. That being said ... pit bulls scare the shiiiiiat out of me. :eek:

and dogs sense fear, correct? and i agree with you; i am not comfortable around pit bulls

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Pit Bulls are bred to do one thing. One cannot be surprised when one does what it is bred to do. The breed just has no place in a society with childewn and other pets.

Exactly. Pit Bulls are like having a loaded gun laying around the house - sooner,or later it will go off. There is a reason that Pit Bulls are banned in many countries. Sure, there are some very nice individuals of the breed, but they just are not worth the risk.

A good Pitbull is an awesome dog. I'd probably take a good Pitbull over almost every other breed.

The main problem with Pitbulls is many of the people that own them have no business doing so. The lower elements of society have adopted them as their official breed and that's tragic. IMO.

The real crazy breeds are Dalmatian's, Chow-Chow's, and Cocker Spaniels, IMO. Not Pit Bulls.
racist?

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Pit Bulls are bred to do one thing. One cannot be surprised when one does what it is bred to do. The breed just has no place in a society with childewn and other pets.

Our neighbors have a pit bull. Nice people with plenty of money -- beautiful house with a pool, they go on multiple trips every year to Aspen, Virgin Islands, etc. Both are army helicopter pilots and she is a genuine war hero who received the Distinguished Flying Cross.

They took the dog to specific pit bull training aimed at controlling its behavior, and husband and wife are both OCD so they have spent years following the training to a "T". But the dog is a menace. We had only been here a few months before the dog bit me, and we later found out that it had mauled two neighborhood dogs in the past. If these people can't control the dog, the breed is obviously not manageable.

Our neighbors have a pit bull. Nice people with plenty of money -- beautiful house with a pool, they go on multiple trips every year to Aspen, Virgin Islands, etc. Both are army helicopter pilots and she is a genuine war hero who received the Distinguished Flying Cross.

They took the dog to specific pit bull training aimed at controlling its behavior, and husband and wife are both OCD so they have spent years following the training to a "T". But the dog is a menace. We had only been here a few months before the dog bit me, and we later found out that it had mauled two neighborhood dogs in the past. If these people can't control the dog, the breed is obviously not manageable.

The fastest way to get rid of a nieghbor's pit bull is to file a claim after a bite. Most insurers will demand the dog is removed from the home after such a claim.

Is this her?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/female-helicopter-pilot-hegar-shoot-like-girl/

You're basing your knowledge on your neighbor's one dog. How is that logical or rational?

I've known 4 Pitbulls that were friendly and safe. I wouldn't condemn or praise an entire breed based on that small sample size, as you, the supposed high Priest of rationality, do. :)

So you’re saying your neighbors pit has bit you and mauled 2 other dogs and they still have him? Really? Waiting for him to be rehabbed? WTF is wrong with people?

Reactions: BrianNole09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT