ADVERTISEMENT

3 years of Petras

Explains why Gavin Williams, as a RB, decides to slide instead of running back a kickoff.
i couldn't believe what i was seeing when that happened. dude catches it at the 25 with no one around him for 10 yards and he goes down. a running back. with the ball. and open field. slides... wtf.

the coaches have 'coached' every instinct out of these kids. especially qb, where instinct and feel are crucial.

i couldn't believe what i was seeing when that happened. dude catches it at the 25 with no one around him for 10 yards and he goes down. a running back. with the ball. and open field. slides... wtf.

the coaches have 'coached' every instinct out of these kids. especially qb, where instinct and feel are crucial.
I think you are exactly right. Since when does a running back slide after cleanly fielding a kick-off in the open field? Just bizarre. That has to be coaching....and the coaching is causing this ridiculous mental struggle for players. The result.....it's kind of like they are paralyzed and have no ability to make athletic football plays.

I really had high hopes for Gavin coming into the season. He seemed to possess a combination of decent size, pretty good speed and quickness, and I thought he was a tough downhill runner. Perhaps he is hampered by lingering injury....but he sure doesn't seem quick, fast, or tough.

This made no sense to me as well. Would rather take a shot with kick off return and risk a fumble than our horrible offense to take the field knowing they can't score. Coaching is awful.

Reactions: MAXIMUSHAWKEYE
This made no sense to me as well. Would rather take a shot with kick off return and risk a fumble than our horrible offense to take the field knowing they can't score. Coaching is awful.
And all we needed was a fg. At least try to get to midfield and maybe break one. But alas there were so many opportunities to win that game that you just shake your head. Same with the ISU game. But had we won, it would cover just like last year how bad the offense is.

Reactions: NI hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT