ADVERTISEMENT

30 years too late, Randy Weaver is dead.

Years ago, I believe 1995, the kids at the high school in Grand Junction voted to have Randy Weaver as the grand marshal of the homecoming parade.

I remembering reading the article the next morning. Some of the parents said they trusted their kids to make the decision.

Randy Weaver was no hero. Had I had kids in that district, I would have been beyond embarrassed.

That piece of shit was wanted in illegal gun charges IIRC. Instead of surrendering to the federal marshals he hid behind his family and put them in jeopardy and it cost 2 of them their lives. And somehow he survived unharmed. They can throw him in an old outhouse pit and let him rot.
Not true, he was accused by a government informant of having illegal weapons, a summons was issued that Weaver never received, instead FBI and Federal Marshalls showed up and starting shooting, killing the dog first, only then did Weaver fire on them, believing that he was under attack. You are a POS for suggesting otherwise....and lying. You should probably just keep your mouth shut if you don't know the facts. He was acquitted for a reason.

Not true, he was accused by a government informant of having illegal weapons, a summons was issued that Weaver never received, instead FBI and Federal Marshalls showed up and starting shooting, killing the dog first, only then did Weaver fire on them, believing that he was under attack. You are a POS for suggesting otherwise....and lying. You should probably just keep your mouth shut if you don't know the facts. He was acquitted for a reason.
Had he not hid behind his wife and children they would all be alive today. What the hell kind of man does that? You can go back to fondling your gun collection now.

Why the hell wouldn’t he just surrender instead of putting his family in jeopardy? What the hell kind of chicken shit man does that? But ya, it was all the big bad government’s fault. He was just a totally innocent peace loving man.
I'm guessing "He resisted arrest and deserved to be shot" is a popular phrase from you the last few years?

Or nah?

I'm guessing "He resisted arrest and deserved to be shot" is a popular phrase from you the last few years?

Or nah?

It's not a question of what he deserves it's a question of if it was reasonable for police to use deadly force.

A LEO had already been killed in a shoot out with his friend and his son and he had ample time to surrender peacefully. Instead he was carrying a gun around with him.

There was no reason for LEO's to believe that he was not going to shoot at them too.

These guys murdered a LEO.

You have confused protecting with hiding you ****ing left-wing nutcase. Randy Weaver was a hero, you are just another government loving whacko.
This should be rich. Please - tell us all how a guy trying to sell illegal guns to the Aryan Nation and then refused to surrender for 4-5 months and instead got into a shoot-out with the feds resulting in multiple deaths was a hero. We'll wait.

This should be rich. Please - tell us all how a guy trying to sell illegal guns to the Aryan Nation and then refused to surrender for 4-5 months and instead got into a shoot-out with the feds resulting in multiple deaths was a hero. We'll wait.
Spoken by the same leftist that thinks BLM and ANTIFA are the good guys.

That's not an answer. Tell us what qualifies him as a hero.
So you don't deny that you think BLM and ANTIFA are the good guys, which is exactly why you can't understand how a guy protecting his family, wanting to be left alone, defending himself against an overreaching police state is a hero. I really feel sorry for you. You would have loved Stalin's USSR.

So you don't deny that you think BLM and ANTIFA are the good guys, which is exactly why you can't understand how a guy protecting his family, wanting to be left alone, defending himself against an overreaching police state is a hero. I really feel sorry for you. You would have loved Stalin's USSR.
Deflect, deflect, deflect.
He broke the law to make white supremacists illegal guns then refused to go to court. That makes him a hero to you. Fascinating.

Weaver was not a good man. He was a racist POS. He sold 2 guns illegally.

There's certainly some dispute about the events surrounding Ruby Ridge. In fact there's enough dispute that all the charges around that event were dropped, and the only charge that stuck was the failing to appear charge. The feds also paid out millions in civil damages.

I'm glad he's gone. That doesn't excuse some of the actions by the Feds, but that's a separate issue.

Reactions: mustang_hawk

Antifa is an abbreviation and not an acronym. Just FYI so you look less foolish next time you go off ranting.

You have confused protecting with hiding you ****ing left-wing nutcase. Randy Weaver was a hero, you are just another government loving whacko.
What’s the difference between this racist POS wanting to be left alone by the government, and ethnic people wanting to get rid of racist POS cops and other members of the government? Aren’t they both just protecting their families?

What’s the difference between this racist POS wanting to be left alone by the government, and ethnic people wanting to get rid of racist POS cops and other members of the government? Aren’t they both just protecting their families?
Racist POS? He was acquitted....... how do you know he was racist? Because he owned guns and didn't want to infiltrate a racist group? So all cops are racists huh? Keep it up, people like you are why the conservatives will win big in November. Keep hating.

You must be a member if you are that concerned about semantics. You just look like your average elitist lefty.

You look like an average Minnesota fan ("Who hates Iowa?"). If I have to be an elitist lefty to avoid being confused with you, I guess I have to be an elitist lefty.

You look like an average Minnesota fan ("Who hates Iowa?"). If I have to be an elitist lefty to avoid being confused with you, I guess I have to be an elitist lefty.
Admitting it is the first step. Now put down your copy of the Communist Manifesto and get some commonsense, and you will be a conservative in no time.

Educated =/= elitist. It typically means more able to think critically. The inferiority complex by the anti-government faction is a stinky perfume.
Oh here we go, another elitist snob, who somehow thinks that getting a degree in gender studies somehow makes them more educated than an electrician, plumber, farmer who all use critical thinking skills constantly.

Oh here we go, another elitist snob, who somehow thinks that getting a degree in gender studies somehow makes them more educated than an electrician, plumber, farmer who all use critical thinking skills constantly.
Absolutely incorrect, again. I guess us "elites" are able to be more self aware. I'd never correct a tradesman on his craft. But those pesky liberal arts degrees mean I have a broader are of knowledge unless its a very autodidactic tradesman.

Only the only gender I've been studying lately is your mothers......Results inconclusive unfortunately.

Racist POS? He was acquitted....... how do you know he was racist? Because he owned guns and didn't want to infiltrate a racist group? So all cops are racists huh? Keep it up, people like you are why the conservatives will win big in November. Keep hating.
He was a racist because he said he was a racist. He said he wasn't a racist as in hating people, but believed white people shouldn't mix with people of color. His words.

He was a racist because he said he was a racist. He said he wasn't a racist as in hating people, but believed white people shouldn't mix with people of color. His words.
And that makes him a hero to people like clowncar here.

• Sad
Reactions: NCHawk5
Absolutely incorrect, again. I guess us "elites" are able to be more self aware. I'd never correct a tradesman on his craft. But those pesky liberal arts degrees mean I have a broader are of knowledge unless its a very autodidactic tradesman.

Only the only gender I've been studying lately is your mothers......Results inconclusive unfortunately.
I don't doubt that.....she is dead, but I am sure you are into that kind of thing. I must have hit a nerve talking about your gender studies degree, couldn't cut it in english?

And that makes him a hero to people like clowncar here.
The thing is, a lot of people can't separate issues. The Feds clearly didn't handle the Ruby Ridge thing correctly. Hindsight is 20/20 on that, and people are way less tolerant today than back then. That wasn't a circumstance when you stand up to the Feds. They had a warrant. I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened with the killing of the dog and son. All that said, even if Weaver reacted in the moment to his family being gunned down, he STILL was a POS racist and human being, not a hero.

Weaver was not a good man. He was a racist POS. He sold 2 guns illegally.

There's certainly some dispute about the events surrounding Ruby Ridge. In fact there's enough dispute that all the charges around that event were dropped, and the only charge that stuck was the failing to appear charge. The feds also paid out millions in civil damages.

I'm glad he's gone. That doesn't excuse some of the actions by the Feds, but that's a separate issue.
So those were capital crimes at the time in ID? Are they still??

• Wow
Reactions: NCHawk5
The thing is, a lot of people can't separate issues. The Feds clearly didn't handle the Ruby Ridge thing correctly. Hindsight is 20/20 on that, and people are way less tolerant today than back then. That wasn't a circumstance when you stand up to the Feds. They had a warrant. I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened with the killing of the dog and son. All that said, even if Weaver reacted in the moment to his family being gunned down, he STILL was a POS racist and human being, not a hero.
Correct, there three different issues here.
1. Was he a POS? Yes.
2. Could all of this have been avoided had he responded to the warrant? Yes.
3. Did the Feds mess up? Yes.

Not enough context to be considered racist by definition. There has to be an element of superiority involved.

Not enough context to be considered racist by definition. There has to be an element of superiority involved.
Why do you think Weaver said people shouldn't mix?

Correct, there three different issues here.
1. Was he a POS? Yes.
2. Could all of this have been avoided had he responded to the warrant? Yes.
3. Did the Feds mess up? Yes.
#3 negates #1 and #2, the Feds had no business there. The fact that you say he is a POS does not make him so. A jury took all the above into account and acquitted him, then the government paid out large sums in a civil settlement. Obviously the jury didn't consider him a POS. I think you may be a POS, does the federal government now have a right to entrap you, then kill your family members. Your logic is completely absent.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT