ADVERTISEMENT

$300,000+ worth of work on the Herbert Hoover Highway ruined?

Cville is putting in a so called diamond exchange. We are so cutting edge in Cville, it's scary.
They put in a diverging diamond intersection near my house in Lakewood Ranch, FL a couple years ago. It dramatically helped the traffic flow.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I cannot find anything on line, but some co-workers who live in West Branch say the opening of refurbished portions of the road has been pushed back due to an elderly driver somehow getting around barricades and driving through freshly laid cement?
@jamesvanderwulf what are you hearing from your sources inside the cement industry?
If I may join in here, it's actually called concrete. Cement is simply a part of...concrete.

They put in a diverging diamond intersection near my house in Lakewood Ranch, FL a couple years ago. It dramatically helped the traffic flow.
How long did it take and was it a nightmare while they worked on it? The one in Coralville is right off probably the busiest interchange in the area with heavy traffic in all directions heading to and from IC/Coralville. I know when done it will help traffic to the IRL and arena area, but it appears like it will suck for a long time while they do the work.

Reactions: Hawk_82
How long did it take and was it a nightmare while they worked on it? The one in Coralville is right off probably the busiest interchange in the area with heavy traffic in all directions heading to and from IC/Coralville. I know when done it will help traffic to the IRL and arena area, but it appears like it will suck for a long time while they do the work.
It took a loooong time. I don't remember exactly but it was 1 1/2 years+ and that was with them finishing ahead of schedule.
It wasn't too bad as they worked on it as most of the work was redoing the on/off ramps to I-75. They would shut down some lanes at night between 10pm and 6am to do work, but then have it open during the day.

Cville is putting in a so called diamond exchange. We are so cutting edge in Cville, it's scary.

25hlib.gif

They built a diamond exchange at SR-54/56 and I-75 in Wesley Chapel, just north of Tampa. It took years to build and the first contractor went out of business. I have only been through there a handful of times since they finished. but it seems to flow much more smoothly.

ADVERTISEMENT