ADVERTISEMENT

31 MLB Players Test Positive For Covid19

How did these professional athletes, who have known about this global pandemic since March, get the virus?...........

Play ball. Deal with it.
Yeah.

F the testing. Just play.

These folks are mostly young and fit. Only a few of them will die.

It's a small price to pay for circuses sports.

Yes, that's sarcasm. But no, I'm not kidding. Play. Let those who don't want to play opt out and receive whatever compensation their owners and/or unions decide.

Ditto for all pro sports.

Yeah.

F the testing. Just play.

These folks are mostly young and fit. Only a few of them will die.

It's a small price to pay for circuses sports.

Yes, that's sarcasm. But no, I'm not kidding. Play. Let those who don't want to play opt out and receive whatever compensation their owners and/or unions decide.

Ditto for all pro sports.
A while back, someone posted a list of things younger adults were more likely to die from than Covid.......lightning was one of them, so I have to assume "heat stroke" is another, especially considering how miserably f***ing hot it is right now.

I don’t care if baseball, basketball, or football ever returns. Actually, I’d like to see them disappear for a few years.

Freddie Freeman and Mike Trout
are the superstars for their teams.
The Braves and the Angels would
certainly miss their contributions.
The MLB season could center on
which teams lose their super-stars.

I find it interesting there’s ambiguity as far as the MLB season is concerned, but Covid Kim Reaper had no qualms about mashing the accelerator for Iowa HS athletics this summer.

Reactions: Fluffles
Bigger issue will be how many guys opt out. David Price is the first big name to opt out. I'm sure he won't be the last.

Bigger issue will be how many guys opt out. David Price is the first big name to opt out. I'm sure he won't be the last.
Price used to be a big name. Now he’s a number 4 starter at best.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trout sits. Until you see a MLB player in serious condition I don’t think many will opt out. There could be a few with existing medical risks, but a lot of these guys think they are invincible (and some are just downright dumb).

Price used to be a big name. Now he’s a number 4 starter at best.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trout sits. Until you see a MLB player in serious condition I don’t think many will opt out. There could be a few with existing medical risks, but a lot of these guys think they are invincible (and some are just downright dumb).
Well if you have already made a crap load of money why play? Unless you're near a new money contract I'd pass. Especially if u have a little one at home.

Well if you have already made a crap load of money why play? Unless you're near a new money contract I'd pass. Especially if u have a little one at home.
I’ve heard a few reasons. Some are so competitive they can’t sit, some worried that they’ll lose some ability if they sit, some are worried about the perception of being weak if they sit. I want there to be whatever they call a season, but I wouldn’t hold it against anyone wanting to opt out.

MLB radio was saying guys like Mookie coming up on free agency are going to be screwed. They said the free agent market will be bad until fans come back. It’ll be interesting to see how much he loses by not signing the extension with Boston

I’ve heard a few reasons. Some are so competitive they can’t sit, some worried that they’ll lose some ability if they sit, some are worried about the perception of being weak if they sit. I want there to be whatever they call a season, but I wouldn’t hold it against anyone wanting to opt out.

MLB radio was saying guys like Mookie coming up on free agency are going to be screwed. They said the free agent market will be bad until fans come back. It’ll be interesting to see how much he loses by not signing the extension with Boston
Lindor will be the crazy one. Kid was looking at Machado ++++ money. Guessing they'll be some one year deals.

Reactions: mcgrawfsu
Yep.

These players have young kids and pregnant wives, too.
And if they are seeing the data out there, they probably don't want to risk their families' health for a partial season.
But college kids, **** em. Play football, do your job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT