ADVERTISEMENT

346 of the 357 D-1 Teams could be included in the NCAA Tournament (11 are ineligible)

Ehfqw10XcAAD3KP

I do not like this idea. I think it's justifiable however if there are no non conference or very few non conference games.

Use the beginning of the season to work through any bubble strategy bugs. Plan for local/regional sites and alternatives. Allow for time between rounds to test and isolate players and staff as needed, and for player rest.

Has possibilities. I'm for it.

This covid virus damaged all athletic programs. The smaller programs have the least ability to recover. Letting them in this year could save those programs.

It makes no sense.

I would agree letting everyone in is likely not a great idea. But I get -- kind of -- where they are coming from.

It's likely that some teams will have their seasons interrupted and/or shut down during the season. Some teams may play 10 games, others may play 30. Teams wouldn't be forced to get players back before they are ready, if they know that as long as they can get ready for the NCAA tournament, they can plan appropriately and if necessary shut things down to make sure they are ready for the tournament. I didn't say it's a good idea, but that may be the thinking behind it.

There are 20-30ish teams with a chance to win the National Championship. Any format that includes all those teams with an opportunity to win the NC is an improvement over last year, and the rest is just details.

This covid virus damaged all athletic programs. The smaller programs have the least ability to recover. Letting them in this year could save those programs.
good point but having to win 6 games to win a National title is hard enough as it is

any way, looks like they are gonna keep things the same

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT