ADVERTISEMENT

4 Star PG Richard Isaacs Plans to make Official Visit to Iowa in June. His Dad: "I’ve been all in on Iowa Bball. Franny’s staff is one reason."

Well what did you mean by "Why the offer to Trimble"?
Can you answer the question?
If he was of interest, they would have offered long ago. Why doesn't Iowa offer every neighboring 4 and 5* recruit?
Again, why the offer to Trimble? Not that it is a done deal, but every forecast has him %100 Michigan and has for a while.

Can you answer the question?
If he was of interest, they would have offered long ago. Why doesn't Iowa offer every neighboring 4 and 5* recruit?
Again, why the offer to Trimble? Not that it is a done deal, but every forecast has him %100 Michigan and has for a while.
If he expressed an interest in Iowa, why wouldn't Iowa offer? You can bet that in this case he must have at least inquired.

If he expressed an interest in Iowa, why wouldn't Iowa offer? You can bet that in this case he must have at least inquired.
I am asking if there is interest. I haven't heard anything.

Highlights from earlier this year. As you can see, he is good at feeding the post, which is crucial according to @BlackNGoldBleeder ;)

Watch:

He looks good. I like point guards that got a little moxie and swagger. He's quick and looks physically ready to play at the next level. I like everything I see.

Find a coed to bed him, Fran. Whatever it takes. Get this kid on board. 😉

Good point. We should probably just cancel the visits to save money and time.
yes, that is EXACTLY what I said. JFC did you read what I even wrote? Yes it's nice to get visits, but can he actually seal the deal on any of them? THAT is my question

5* MJ Rice and 4* Richard Isaacs Jr are in the fold for the 2021-2022 season at Prolific Prep (CA) High School.

Isaacs played at Wasatch Academy (UT) the last two seasons.

Check this out & watch:

yes, that is EXACTLY what I said. JFC did you read what I even wrote? Yes it's nice to get visits, but can he actually seal the deal on any of them? THAT is my question
Maybe you should go back and read what you actually said. It was “not to be a downer, but what makes anyone think Fran will land any of these kids?” A reasonable person would infer from your statement that you do not think Fran will land any of them, hence bringing them in is a waste of time and expense. If you want to change your point, go ahead, but don’t try to claim that you were misinterpreted. You were not. Save your faux outrage.

Yup, Fran is insanely loyal to his guys. He built a great relationship with Bowen after recruiting him hard for two years - he’s not going to bring in a second point guard in the same class. Isaacs was always a long shot anyway.

Yup, Fran is insanely loyal to his guys. He built a great relationship with Bowen after recruiting him hard for two years - he’s not going to bring in a second point guard in the same class. Isaacs was always a long shot anyway.

If Fran cancelled Isaacs visit then that wasn't very smart. If Isaacs isn't coming because he doesn't want to be in the same class as another PG then there is nothing that could have been done.

Isaacs isn't coming anymore. Once Bowen committed, it was over.
With two PG’s already on the team, this should’ve been pretty apparent. Off guard and forward are positions which need to be addressed with Bohannon, Connor, and Ash all graduating, plus a chance that Keegan goes pro, and Rebraca and Ogundele as upperclassmen following this year

Reactions: BBHawk
Too bad we've moved on from Isaacs. Every play he made in the highlight film on post #58 could have been as an off guard. You can never have enough talented guards.

Reactions: cleotishaywood
Too bad we've moved on from Isaacs. Every play he made in the highlight film on post #58 could have been as an off guard. You can never have enough talented guards.
Agreed, but that’s probably a tough sell to Isaacs, especially given all his other offers. At 6’1-6’2 his future is at PG. If anything, you’d have to convince Bowen to slide to off-guard. Given the athletic slashers we have at wing in PMac, the Murray’s, and Perkins, I can understand why Fran might want to look at guys like Schutt, Dix, and Storr who can all shoot really well

Isaacs isn't coming anymore. Once Bowen committed, it was over.
With two PG’s already on the team, this should’ve been pretty apparent. Off guard and forward are positions which need to be addressed with Bohannon, Connor, and Ash all graduating, plus a chance that Keegan goes pro, and Rebraca and Ogundele as upperclassmen following this year

There was a thread on May 29 asking if we should take 2 point guards in the 2022 class. Many were in favor, including you, so I guess it was not so apparent. ;)

Some of those opinions from May 29-June 1:

If Bowen were to commit, do we take Issacs also if he wants to commit? I think they are too talented to say no to either one of them. I think they could both play either on ball or off ball. They could also be on the floor together. When one was resting, you would always have a quality point guard running the show. Throw in Filipowski and you have a dream class.
If both were to commit, Iowa would have two 6’2’’ PG’s and one 6’3’’ PG. CJ was 6’3’’. They have enough size to play off guard.
I think if you have enough self confidence that you aren’t afraid of competition. In today’s position less basketball that it is less of a factor. Look at Illinois and Oregon last year. You can’t have enough good guards.
I would love to see those 2 playing together at Iowa. Iowa's offense would work fine, and they would give opponents fits on defense, too.
Iowa needs all the talented guards they can get. Hell yes you take both.
Desperate, probably not. But any good PG with a set of eyes should see incredible opportunity at a place like Iowa given Fran’s proven, successful offensive system with a high number of possessions and a desire to push the ball. Here’s to hoping that Garza’s prominence on the national stage last year opened some of those eyes
The best college teams run two PG’s now. Look at Baylor last year.
Curbelo also.
He was fantastic, a big part of their equation.
So did Iowa with Gesell and Clemmons.
And that was 2015-16. Solid team. Bowen and Isaacs would make a better duo though.
Yep. It looks like Bowen and Isaacs both can drive, shoot, and facilitate offensively. They also look decent defensively as well.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
There was a thread on May 29 asking if we should take 2 point guards in the 2022 class. Many were in favor, including you, so I guess it was not so apparent. ;)

Things have changed since then. It was confirmed in the lounge that he is no longer looking at Iowa. Understand?

My post in that thread says nothing about recruiting/playing two PG’s, so please stop quoting my posts and misrepresenting my comments

My post in that thread says nothing about recruiting/playing two PG’s, so please stop quoting my posts and misrepresenting my comments

The topic & the discussion was on whether we should take 2 Point Guards and now you are saying your post had nothing to do with recruiting 2 PGs?

Today, when WorldSeriesChamp said Isaacs wasn't coming anymore because once Bowen committed, it was over, you stated that with 2 PG's already on the team, this should have been pretty apparent.

Well, I am simply pointing out that on May 29 you and several posters did not say that it was apparent that if Bowen committed, Isaacs would look elsewhere. Instead, you wrote how you saw opportunity for a good PG like Isaacs.

Again, the discussion was on whether we should take 2 Point Guards and this is what you wrote:

Desperate, probably not. But any good PG with a set of eyes should see incredible opportunity at a place like Iowa given Fran’s proven, successful offensive system with a high number of possessions and a desire to push the ball. Here’s to hoping that Garza’s prominence on the national stage last year opened some of those eyes

The topic & the discussion was on whether we should take 2 Point Guards and now you are saying your post had nothing to do with recruiting 2 PGs?

Today, when WorldSeriesChamp said Isaacs wasn't coming anymore because once Bowen committed, it was over, you stated that with 2 PG's already on the team, this should have been pretty apparent.

Well, I am simply pointing out that on May 29 you and several posters did not say that it was apparent that if Bowen committed, Isaacs would look elsewhere. Instead, you wrote how you saw opportunity for a good PG like Isaacs.

Again, the discussion was on whether we should take 2 Point Guards and this is what you wrote:

Yes, a discussion surrounding two good point guards, and I acutely stated that ANY good point guard should see opportunity given Fran’s system. I contributed to the conversation and was on topic. We ended up getting one of those two point guards, and the other is now no longer on the table, which is not at all surprising given the high level of talent and ball-dominant nature of both.

My suggestion is to stop being overly defensive about everything, since my original post here wasn’t even intended to cast shade at you for bumping this thread, and there are two premium members providing premium information on the free board that was pertinent to this thread, for which the rest of us should be appreciative

Fran, this is the type of stuff that causes problems. Please stop.

You didn't see the wink in the post? This is nothing to get defensive about.

All I am saying is that when WorldSeries said Isaacs wasn't coming anymore, I disagreed with UNO when he said that should have been apparent.

On May 29, nothing was apparent,
* We had no idea what Bowen would do.
* We had no idea UNTIL TODAY what Isaacs would do if Bowen committed.
* We had no idea what Fran was thinking concerning whether he would take 1 or 2 PGs. TODAY it appears he will be only taking one.

• Haha
Reactions: TrianglePlace
ADVERTISEMENT