ADVERTISEMENT

4 Time All American Brothers

Herbert197

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2013
I can't figure this out on my own.

Dylan Ness Tweeted after Trent Hidlay secured his 4xAA that they were the 3rd set of brothers to accomplish the feat.

Ness, Hidlay and ????

I thought this would be obvious but cannot for the life of me figure it out. Not Smith, Brands, Banach, Askren, Schultz. Who is it?

I have no idea how I couldn't find this article. I searched so many ways and it never popped up!

Now I can sleep at night again.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Since you guys had a tough week, allow me to brighten your day. I nominate the Altons. Just goes to show that nothing is a can't miss.

Last edited:
Look how Big you are
You walked right into that cement mixer.

200.webp

I actually thought the Alton's comment was hilarious. All that hype that came with an RC car gas tank.
Thank you. At least someone got it. Not only am I a PSU fan, but the Altons wrestled for my home town school. I believe, and someone can correct me here, that the Altons were Cael's very first recruits to announce their commitments after Cael got to State College. A lot of their problems were shoulder related, but I didn't see the progression from Andrew that we see nowadays on the team. He seemed to be a one trick pony, and once figured out, regressed. He had notorious breathing issues early in matches that led to a lot of gassing. Dylan without injuries would have gotten higher on the podium IMHO.

I always wondered if Cael changed how he recruits a little bit after that experience. Make sure the recruit is committed to growing as a wrestler. The Altons father was also very thin skinned, and should not have been on the PSU board. I wonder whether he showed that side to Cael because his defensiveness was off the charts as I recall. I had much higher hopes for the twins than reality provided.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Thank you. At least someone got it. Not only am I a PSU fan, but the Altons wrestled for my home town school. I believe, and someone can correct me here, that the Altons were Cael's very first recruits to announce their commitments after Cael got to State College. A lot of their problems were shoulder related, but I didn't see the progression from Andrew that we see nowadays on the team. He seemed to be a one trick pony, and once figured out, regressed. He had notorious breathing issues early in matches that led to a lot of gassing. Dylan without injuries would have gotten higher on the podium IMHO.

I always wondered if Cael changed how he recruits a little bit after that experience. Make sure the recruit is committed to growing as a wrestler. The Altons father was also very thin skinned, and should not have been on the PSU board. I wonder whether he showed that side to Cael because his defensiveness was off the charts as I recall. I had much higher hopes for the twins than reality provided.
They were pretty close to me as well. I watched them for a lot of years, and always got the same vibe.

Reactions: hawk224
Not Brothers, but father and son. Mark Churella and Ryan Churrella

some of one got 4 and other got 3
Tom and Terry, Ed and Lou Banach, Troy and Terry Steiner. Joe and TJ williams. Joe and Jim Gibbons.
Pat, Lee Roy and John Smith. Jake and Jared Rosholt

Last edited:
Reactions: 4net3sandbagger
Thank you. At least someone got it.
It’s not that no one was getting it. It’s just that WDGAF what you have to say. You talk too much, and you’re on the wrong board. Kinda remind me of the obsessive powerlifter guy that can’t stop talking about himself.

how about Hugh and Ed Peery. Add Rex( father) to them. All 3 time champs when only could compete foe 3 years.

Not Brothers, but father and son. Mark Churella and Ryan Churrella

some of one got 4 and other got 3
Tom and Terry, Ed and Lou Banach, Troy and Terry Steiner. Joe and TJ williams. Joe and Jim Gibbons.
Pat, Lee Roy and John Smith. Jake and Jared Rosholt
TJ is a 4X AA. 3X D1 and 1X NJCAA.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
It’s not that no one was getting it. It’s just that WDGAF what you have to say. You talk too much, and you’re on the wrong board. Kinda remind me of the obsessive powerlifter guy that can’t stop talking about himself.
I can't imagine that you got it on your own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT