ADVERTISEMENT

40 minutes

It has been my understanding that since Columbine, police have been trained to engage immediately upon arrival in mass shooter scenarios. Maybe we can get a poster who is an LEO to confirm, but my recollection is that I've been told that several times. When someone is slaughtering people as quickly as they can find them, an organized military style assault shouldn't be a priority.
I don’t know about all , but we had a shooter in a move theatre in Nashville a couple years ago. A nearby cop went in immediately , engaged the shooter and reduced casualties.

The NRA and politicians they own do not like the imagery coming out today. They don't like the wait to go in. They don't like the video of the wailing parents outside of the school.

It's hard to say. There are certainly contradictions to that PC. If he was barricaded in that one room. Might not have anyone else to shoot or had hostages. .
Possibly correct, I don't think any of us have enough actual knowledge or facts to make any real determination at this point. Do understand that the MSM sure doesn't mind stoking and teasing the story over hours/days so as to keep us all "clicking" their links over and over.

I believe it has been reported that other areas of the school were being evacuated during this time, if that is accurate, then that could be a great explanation of what they were doing.

40 minutes would be an eternity to any parent with kids in that building...but this wasn't a simple traffic stop. They had to assess the threat and consider how to save the most people possible. Let's get some more facts on what exactly happened there before we go straight to ACAB.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
A teacher was shielding her students. Every parent would have sacrificed themselves. Appears there were a bunch of cowards in uniforms.

This isn't fair. Their expertise is in seeing threats where none exist, sending 9 officers to calls when only 2 are required, beating people senseless who aren't resisting while screaming stop resisting, harassing homeless people, manufacturing charges out of thin air and lying on police reports. We pay them a lot, arm them to the teeth and allow them to dress up like they are going to war against us but only an unreasonable person would expect them to actually face danger. The courts have ruled that police have no obligation to place themselves in harms way. That is the way it should be. When everything is over the officers will take reports with dozens of them standing around looking the part and threatening anyone who looks at them the wrong way.

Reactions: littlez
Jimmy Kimmel will ignore this one

Threatening to taser parents who were willing to go inside and do something.

There is no way I would be stopped from rushing in. Arrest me, fair enough, after I've gone in after stealing your weapon slung lazily. Im willing to go that way if youre not.

I will say it's a weird dynamic when you have trained and armed authority figures telling you to stay calm, yet at the same time you hear shots and screams.

Possibly correct, I don't think any of us have enough actual knowledge or facts to make any real determination at this point. Do understand that the MSM sure doesn't mind stoking and teasing the story over hours/days so as to keep us all "clicking" their links over and over.

I believe it has been reported that other areas of the school were being evacuated during this time, if that is accurate, then that could be a great explanation of what they were doing.

40 minutes would be an eternity to any parent with kids in that building...but this wasn't a simple traffic stop. They had to assess the threat and consider how to save the most people possible. Let's get some more facts on what exactly happened there before we go straight to ACAB.
Ya think. Amazing how the "experts" come out of the woodwork who were 1,000 miles away from where this happened, but are quick to criticize while not having one Fing clue about what actually happened.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
No. We don’t. That’s the point. If I saw 8 cops go in there I’d sit there and wait and pray. But if I was there for 10 minutes and learned NO ONE had gone in yet, GTFO of the way or go get my kids.
We’ll never know if even a small number of those kids‘ lives could have been saved by going in 30 min earlier. That’s unconscionable.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
We’ll never know if even a small number of those kids‘ lives could have been saved by going in 30 min earlier. That’s unconscionable.
I wonder if there was a “stand down” order given, due to it being a small force.

It should be clear to everyone, and especially law enforcement by now, that time is absolutely of the essence in these situations. There is not time to stand around and come up with a plan. The plans should already be in place, and they need to act quickly and aggressively to neutralize the shooter.
Every second wasted is potentially another life lost.

Our police should be ready to lay down their life to save innocent people in their community.
Especially our children.
That’s the job. If they can’t do that, they should quit.

Then, the bomb throwers would criticize the LEO's for allowing a civilian to breech an active crime in progress.
Oh come on. The response really does need to be investigated. It’s not this strawman or that strawman….it’s:
  • What was the true response time and time before going in and engaging?
  • During that time, what was happening with the shooter and the kids?
  • What impact did that time gap have on the kids who were shot in the school?
  • What could have been done differently?
All of those questions are separate and apart from any gun debate (a debate we absolutely need to have). Once the guy walked in with the gun and started shooting, what could the response have done differently? That’s what the law enforcement side needs to be looking into.

Then we also need to get a deeper understanding of the shooter, what warning signs were there, whether his obtaining the guns met all existing gun statutes and what, if any, statute changes could have impacted this case.

Oh come on. The response really does need to be investigated. It’s not this strawman or that strawman….it’s:
  • What was the true response time and time before going in and engaging?
  • During that time, what was happening with the shooter and the kids?
  • What impact did that time gap have on the kids who were shot in the school?
  • What could have been done differently?
All of those questions are separate and apart from any gun debate (a debate we absolutely need to have). Once the guy walked in with the gun and started shooting, what could the response have done differently? That’s what the law enforcement side needs to be looking into.

Then we also need to get a deeper understanding of the shooter, what warning signs were there, whether his obtaining the guns met all existing gun statutes and what, if any, statute changes could have impacted this case.
I totally agree that the response needs to be investigated and never said that it didn't. My point is that there will always be naysayers no matter what was done, or not done as the case may be.

Some people are just gripers...without any real facts or understanding of the matter. That's all.

Reactions: TennNole17
Holy hell, if that account is true, that is a horrific failure. Every police department should an active school shooter protocol, not being trained properly is unacceptable. . JFC this story seemingly has muliple levels of failure , hopefully this is thoroughly investigated.

ADVERTISEMENT