ADVERTISEMENT

40 minutes

"Sources close to this investigation tell KPRC 2 Investigates the Border Patrol agent who is credited with stopping Ramos was eating lunch at the Mill Creek Café in the town of Leakey when he heard the call go out over his radio. Sources tell KPRC 2 even though the agent was not in uniform, he didn’t hesitate to jump into his vehicle and drive 40 miles to Robb elementary. We are told the agent is a member of Border Patrol’s tactical team known as BORTAC.

The Border Patrol agent was wounded during the shooting when a bullet grazed the top of his head, according to sources. Pictures posted to social media showed staples were needed to close the wound."

Haven’t read through the entire thread. I’ve heard they were waiting in the hallway thinking all the shooting was done and the shooter was barricaded inside. How can they not hear the shots being fired from the hallway and know that isn’t true?

But...why exactly? Serious question.

We register boats, motorcycles, ATV's, Quads, Cars, trucks, semi's, what else? Boat motors in Texas.....work trailers, boat trailers, home made trailers.....

So why is is unconstitutional to register something that can literally take your life?

As a responsible gun owner, I'm okay with a registry. I'm not okay with paying a registration fee, but I am okay with a registry.
why not a fee? Clearly there would be some cost to setting up and maintaining registry. Seems only far that fees should cover this

EoaSmlf.png

This thread turned in to a weird read:

There were many things that went wrong that day. (One of them is a door)

Hawknester: DOOR!! DOOR!! DOOR!!

Yes, one of the many things that went wrong was a door.

Um, yes the door was a thing that went wrong. There were a whole bunch of other things though.

I.. I don't... yes.. a door.

Hawknester: I can't believe you guys are focused on the door!!!!!!

Me: wtf?

There were many things that went wrong that day. (One of them is a door)

Um, yes the door was a thing that went wrong. There were a whole bunch of other things though.

Kinda similar to Kenosha. One of many things went wrong. The presence of AR's in non trained minors hands. Failure of out of town people to follow curfew. The failure of the governor to call in National Guard. Locals deferring to militia. But the gun got the most play by one side. While excused or applauded by the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: billanole

There were two things that went wrong that day. Texas gun laws and access to those guns.

The first has proven to be false.

The second is likely true, but only after the suspect was already in that "barricaded" classroom. There were a whole bunch of officers that had children in that school. Its not surprising that this might be the case. FYI.

And, you of course realize, or fail to mention, that one of those same border patrol agents found out his daughter was dead while trying to help the girl that covered herself in her best friends blood (his daughters) and was also one of the kids calling 911...

There were a number of mistakes in this particular case.
1. The teacher who propped the door that allowed the gunman to gain entrance
FIFY

Reactions: billanole
Case in point. Quotes post, deletes everything except DOOR!! DOOR!! DOOR!!
What is the own a gun defense? Good guy with a gun does what ?
Too late, boyz. Too late.

Over and over. No way to defend from all of the stoopid guns being sold.
The gun salesmen have over and over tweeked you boyz.
They hooked you into thinking you could defend us from the bazillions of weapons you have allowed to be sold.
Stoops.

Reactions: HawkNester
Jesus, dude. You want to blame a propped open door.

The kid with the easy buy of weapons…
My lord, can we not make it more obvious.
Nester agrees with you, he's a teacher frustrated by people online blaming the teacher for supposedly propping the door. Personally I don't trust the information released by the authorities after their stories have changed at least a dozen times.

Read the Commanding officer had been elected to City Council. He's supposed to be sworn in soon. The town has postponed that for a bit.

As a massacre unfolded inside an elementary school here last week, a would-be negotiator deployed in a funeral home across the street tried frantically to reach the gunman via cellphone, Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin said Wednesday.

In an interview with The Washington Post, McLaughlin (R) said he rushed to Hillcrest Funeral Home about 15 minutes after “the first call” reporting that 18-year-old Salvador Ramos had crashed his pickup truck nearby. He found himself standing near an official he identified only as “the negotiator,” while frightened parents gathered outside the school and police waited well over an hour to storm the classroom.

“His main goal was to try to get this person on the phone,” McLaughlin said in the interview, which was also conducted by Telemundo San Antonio. “They tried every number they could find,” but the gunman did not pick up the phone.

McLaughlin offered few other new details of the police response to the mass shooting, which is under investigation by the Texas Department of Public Safety and which state officials have described in contradictory ways over the last 10 days.

He said he doesn’t believe the negotiator was aware there were children calling 911 and asking police to save them while the gunman was in the classroom. The mayor said he was not aware of those calls, nor did he hear shots fired from inside the school, across the street.

Read the rest here:

Aware of Injuries Inside, Uvalde Police Waited to Confront Gunman

That story is so full of law enforcement incompetence. After reading that article, does anyone really think having more school police officers would make schools any safer?

That story is so full of law enforcement incompetence. After reading that article, does anyone really think having more school police officers would make schools any safer?

Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to post this. John Oliver did an entire episode last week on school police. He shows that police in schools make them less safe.

Reactions: gohawks50
What we are witnessing is a weapons grade CYA by the police. It must be remembered that they are among the absolute masters of CYA and avoiding any accountability no matter how massive the failure. The only group that is more adept at CYA is bankers. They demolished the economy in 2008, got completely bailed out, gassed up for another inflationary decade and not a single one of them went to prison.

What the police, and the PR firm they hired, are doing is throwing out one explanation after another. Most if not all of these explanations will be proven to be completely wrong, as we have repeatedly seen already. However, they will serve the purpose of establishing reasonable doubt. How can you accuse someone of wrongdoing when you can't even say for certain what exactly went wrong. Basically, they will walk on a technicality. This is all the more easier when you have the luxury of investigating yourself.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT