ADVERTISEMENT

41% Of Republicans Support Trump Over GOP

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Prolly a Pepsi...

The Hill reports:

Republicans who support former President Trump more than they support the GOP climbed to 41 percent in August, up 7 points from May when 34 percent said they supported Trump more than the party, according to an NBC News poll released Sunday.
A slim majority of Republicans, or 50 percent, say they support the party more than they do Trump, the poll finds. But that’s down from 58 percent in May.
Trump saw Republicans rally behind him this month yet again after the FBI searched his home in connection to an investigation into whether he violated the Espionage Act, among other statutes, by taking classified documents home with him upon leaving the White House.

Prolly a Pepsi...

The Hill reports:

The real question is why do you hate this country so much? I just don't understand hating everything that it was built upon and staying here. If you hated hedonism would you stay there all week?

What does this even mean?

It's Trump vs. the GOP now?
Only on pay-per-view
wwe-donald-trump.gif

I predict that at some point the GOP is going to split in half. The elites of the party aren't just going to completely hand it over to the crazies, but their followers aren't going to take the party elites as leaders and demand people like Gaetz, Boebert, and Trump be the leaders of the party. They'll insist so much that either the somewhat sane Republicans will leave and form a third party, or more likely, the Trumpnuts will do so.

He won't fade away so long as he is still a potential 2024 candidate.
The unfortunate problem is that he's created the playbook towards authoritarian rule in America. Thankfully he was too stupid to follow through on it, but someone who actually is intelligent, who lacks all morals, and cares for nothing other than their own ambition is going to take that playbook and run with it. I'm terrified of what happens when someone with charisma and intelligence, but who lacks morals or wisdom actually gets elected. It won't be that hard to dismantle our government's safety checks if they can also control the Senate and House.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT