ADVERTISEMENT

42B$$ - Dem infrastructure spending…

Reminds me of how California "misplaced" 25 billion dollars of funding intended to combat homelessness.

"Oops"

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I don't understand how BILLIONS of dollars lose a paper trail.
notice that they didn't say the money is gone, more likely unspent. that's not great, but it's not the same as losing $42B

don't feel like retyping, so copying what i wrote yesterday:
notice that letter didn't spell out anything specific that went wrong or was messed up or caused delays

because this is basically the timeline written into the legislation

federal money takes a long time to spend...there's a NOFO process, an application process, an application review process, a planning document process, a planning document review and approval process, an implementation/construction application process, an implementation/construction review and evironmental analysis process, then things actually get built

none of that can be effected or changed in any way by a vice president

Reactions: ericram
notice that they didn't say the money is gone, more likely unspent. that's not great, but it's not the same as losing $42B

notice that letter didn't spell out anything specific that went wrong or was messed up or caused delays

federal money takes a long time to spend...there's a NOFO process, an application process, an application review process, a planning document process, a planning document review and approval process, an implementation/construction application process, an implementation/construction review and evironmental analysis process, then things actually get built

Correct, the money isnt gone, it has been allocated but not spent.

In the case of the 24 billion missing for Gavin Newsomes homeless problem.... it's gone.

Thin air.

I guess more accurately the money was spent, no tracking was done, and nothing can be produced to show what the money was spent on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scruddy
Let me know when the cons do ANYTHING for the people to make life better, hell, the worthless cons won't even pay their bills. Its time to vote them all out.

Yeah......

You guys have had the ball 12 of the last 16 and let's be honest, you haven't made a damn thing better than what life looked like in America in 2000. You spent a bunch of money on dumb shit, proverbial trick plays...

Correct, the money isnt gone, it has been allocated but not spent.
there isn't really a substantive criticism of harris here

that's why the comments and social media posts are basically just stating the construction phase of the prgoram hasn't started yet...which is true, but also is not really up to the VP in any way

Reactions: dgordo
Let me know when the cons do ANYTHING for the people to make life better, hell, the worthless cons won't even pay their bills. Its time to vote them all out.
The democrats are not paying their bills either. You can Google the national debt to help convince yourself.

Throwing money at education hasn’t helped test scores and throwing money at homelessness hasn’t helped either.

Need adult conversations with plans that are not always pretty or popular because if all problems can be solved easily they wouldn't exist in the first place.

Yeah......

You guys have had the ball 12 of the last 16 and let's be honest, you haven't made a damn thing better than what life looked like in America in 2000. You spent a bunch of money on dumb shit, proverbial trick plays...
Incorrect. Infrastructure directly impacting the lives of Americans. I’d argue every county or at least most have an infrastructure project.

Incorrect. Infrastructure directly impacting the lives of Americans. I’d argue every county or at least most have an infrastructure project.
any federal spending on a tranportation project since 2022 is a direct result of the IIJA/bi-partisan infrastructure law

just about any construction project on a state owned road or bridge

this is a good information source for what's happening in iowa (the IIJA/BIL provides federal funds through ffy 2026, but could be extended)

Reactions: RileyHawk
Fed grants are difficult to work with, the headaches caused are usually not worth the effort.
Pull back the grants and buy Starlink systems to connect rural customers.

We bought a Starlink system for the farm, and the difference in connectivity is impressive compared to the old satellite system we used

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
Wrong again, just in Pittsburgh, 2 bridges have been built, and thats just 1 city. A new bridge from Kentucky to Ohio has been built.
I saw his reply and was going to find an article that proved him wrong but there’s no use. He won’t pay any attention to it and the next time this comes up he will repeat the lies no matter what is posted. It’s no use to reply to him. I should have known better.

Have you ever thought about taking responsibility for yourself and making your own life better?

Wrong again, just in Pittsburgh, 2 bridges have been built, and thats just 1 city. A new bridge from Kentucky to Ohio has been built.
transportation planning happens on fiscal year cycles (oct 1 - sept 30)

for the fiscal year that's about to end (ffy 2024), there was just shy of $480M spent in federal funds on infrastructure project is pittsburgh and the surrounding counties. that funds the design, engineering, and/or construction phases of over 100 different projects

Yeah......

So violent crime isn't down since 2000?

None if which has actually been started.

"Fixin' to get ready to get started"
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (H.R. 3684), passed in 2021, has led to the initiation of several significant county-level infrastructure projects across the U.S. These include improvements to roads, bridges, public transit, water systems, and more. For example, the Brent Spence Bridge between Ohio and Kentucky, one of the busiest freight routes, is receiving upgrades under the bill. This project is critical as it supports $400 billion of freight movement annually.

Additionally, counties across California are using H.R. 3684 funds for transportation improvements and water infrastructure projects. The bill also provides significant funding for expanding broadband access in rural areas, addressing cybersecurity, and modernizing ports and airports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT