ADVERTISEMENT

So let me get this straight; you guys don't want a national divorce, but you also don't want to talk about how we got here and ways to fix the problems, unless those fixes lead to permanent D majorities?
Why would making voting easy and government more representative lead to permanent D majorities? Are R ideas that god awful that they can't imagine ever convincing a majority of voters they're able to govern effectively?

Although I think you’re an idiot, you do make a fair point here. @naturalmwa, would you be okay with Trump adding 4-9 more justices if he won and the GOP held the Senate?

Well, I wouldn't like it. I don't like that Democrats are going to have to step to such drastic measures to try and save a functioning democracy. However, Republicans detonated the bomb. Democrats have no choice now given the tactics Republicans have taken over the last 10-12 years. If you don't see how the Republican party is systematically trying to dismantle our form of government I don't know what else to tell you. Their pathetic behavior to suppress the vote during the final days before the campaign just exemplifies this. Why is it Democrats always have to be the ones to accept bad behavior from the Republicans but the minute Democrats do something Republicans get free reign to respond with scorched Earth?

They know they can't win straight up so instead of excepting the consequences of their actions they are trying to steal another election. I get it, "partisan bullshit blah blah blah". Well, you can only get punched in the face so many times before you are forced to respond. Only the Republicans can end the cycle we are in right now and there is no way in hell they are going to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT