ADVERTISEMENT

35 Hawks on NFL Rosters. 6 Free Agents (Updated March 27)

I would not say "its not going well." He has played pretty well, especially showing spark in receiving and return game. Most projections have them keeping 4 RB's. Him included. We shall see.
I hope so. I'm really rooting for him.

From ESPN.com:

The 49ers' starters played the entire first half. The offense moved the ball well, but it struggled to finish drives, which is a concern only because it's an issue that plagued the Niners last season. Against the Colts, the Niners' starting offense was 0-for-3 in turning red zone drives into touchdowns, settling for two field goals and failing to convert on a fourth down. The 49ers miss tight end George Kittle down there, but they were just 11-of-24 in red zone touchdown conversions in quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo's five starts last season, which ranked 20th in the NFL in that span. Drops and penalties were an issue last year, and they were again Saturday. Until those things get cleaned up, finishing drives could continue to be a problem.

James Daniels, OL, second round: Daniels has a chance to be an impact player for a Bears offensive line that is trying to find more consistency. The question is whether he will get a chance to start right away.

One of John Elway's guiding draft principles? He calls it "stacking classes.”

Even as the Denver Broncos’ Class of 2018 has taken the preseason by storm with players such as Bradley Chubb, Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton and Josey Jewell leading a group of rookies who figure to be well represented on the 53-player roster, there is now a wobbly spot in the stack.

Those 2015-2017 draft classes -- all on their rookie contracts -- haven’t done their share of heavy lifting. It was apparent during last year’s 5-11 collapse and could be felt in the offseasons ahead as the Broncos try to find spots for new players.

Reactions: map0514
Josh Jackson, CB, second round: After a slow start that was marked by penalties in practice, Jackson improved to the point where he could push Alexander for time in the slot or play outside. His pick-6 against the Steelers last week showed the kind of athleticism that had some convinced he could be a first-round pick.

Who was the last hawkeye receiver to log a reception in the league?
I might be wrong but I think it's Tim Dwight in 2007. Kasper didn't play past 2006 and not sure any of our other guys (McNutt,, Hill, Jones, Solomon, Smith, etc) ever actually recorded a reception in a regular season game.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Here's an update on the 9 Hawkeye rookies. Those discussed:

3 Likely to make a roster

James Daniels
Josh Jackson
Josey Jewell

6 others: Those who might make a roster/ are less likely to make a roster:

Akrum Wadley --“You can’t make the club in a tub.”

Ben Niemann--there are hints he might make the Chiefs roster

Ike Boettger
James Butler
Nathan Bazata

Bo Bower--was cut by the Broncos on Sunday

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...-jackson-josey-jewell-ben-niemann/1111715002/

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Here's an update on the 9 Hawkeye rookies. Those discussed:

3 Likely to make a roster

James Daniels
Josh Jackson
Josey Jewell

6 others: Those who might make a roster/ are less likely to make a roster:

Akrum Wadley --“You can’t make the club in a tub.”

Ben Niemann--there are hints he might make the Chiefs roster

Ike Boettger
James Butler
Nathan Bazata

Bo Bower--was cut by the Broncos on Sunday

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...-jackson-josey-jewell-ben-niemann/1111715002/

Chances:
Daniels (100%)
Josh J (100%)
Josey J (100%)
Niemann (75%)
Ike B (65%)
Akrum (50%)
Bazata (30%)
Butler (Practice Squad)
Bower (Practice Squad)

Austin Blythe on track to start first two games at right guard
Posted by Charean Williams on August 27, 2018, 10:14 PM EDT
gettyimages-879541724-e1535422336535.jpg

Getty Images

Austin Blythe is on track to take over the right guard job in Jamon Brown‘s absence. That means he will get the starter treatment Thursday and rest with the team’s other starters.

“Yeah, I think Austin has done a great job,” Rams coach Sean McVay said, via quotes distributed by the team. “Right now, you feel really good about him being able to step in at, really, any one of those three interior spots. As far as that position is concerned, we’re figuring those things out. But, he’s done a great job. We have so much confidence in Austin, and we feel like he’s a starting-caliber player in this league.”

Brown will miss the first two games while serving a suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

Blythe, a seventh-round pick of the Colts in 2016, has started only two career games. His only start last season came in Week 17 at left guard.

Chances:
Daniels (100%)
Josh J (100%)
Josey J (100%)
Niemann (75%)
Ike B (65%)
Akrum (50%)
Bazata (30%)
Butler (Practice Squad)
Bower (Practice Squad)

Imagine if Welsh hadn't retired. I would give him more than a 50% chance to make a squad. Last years team had plenty of talent. This year's team as well. It's up to the coaches to get away from the "7 wins earn me a bonus" mentality.

Packers will be keeping at least 1 undrafted RB due to Jones’ 2 game suspension, but it appears to be the guy with the French name. Depending on the injuries to Mays and Montgomery, they may keep another which may open the door for Daniels.

It seems that there had to be some better team opportunities for Wadley than the Titans. I believe teams like the Broncos, Colts and Raiders? had more wide open battles at RB. I am probably rationalizing a bit here (admittedly).

Reality is that he is probably more of a niche player in the NFL, with strength being pass catching out of backfield. He can continue to learn on PS or maybe get picked up by another team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT