ADVERTISEMENT

4th Booster ups protection against Omicron

The politicians have killed all debate on masks, shutdowns, natural immunity in the name of “science”.

WTF are you babbling about?

Who is disputing "natural immunity"? That's what vaccines convey to you.

More doses will benefit people with compromised immune systems and the very old.

The large majority of people will be fully protected with 3x. Most kids will probably do fine with 2x doses.
There is ample evidence to suggest otherwise. There will never be such a thing as “fully protected” from Covid. Everyone is going to get it eventually, regardless of how many boosters they’ve received. Lessening the severity of the symptoms is the only thing that boosters do.
I can't find a lot of info, but what I did find suggests between 7 and 9% of all new Covid cases are people who are fully vaccinated. As new variants pop up, that number is likely to increase.

I can't find a lot of info, but what I did find suggests between 7 and 9% of all new Covid cases are people who are fully vaccinated. As new variants pop up, that number is likely to increase.

So? The vaccines are still protecting against those.

And companies are already testing vaccines designed against those variants - JUST LIKE ANNUAL FLU SHOTS.

No, there is not.

Reducing your risk of severe disease by 99% is astoundingly good. And multiple evaluations from different countries are all showing that.

It's nearly impossible to convince anti-vaxxers how amazing these vaccines are. You're probably just wasting your time, sadly.

Have you seen this site?

Reactions: Joes Place
I have the vaccine. I will not be boosting myself to infinity. Anecdotal but worth mentioning, the doctors told my pregnant wife to NOT get boosted. Take that for what it's worth.

Oh wow. I saw this guy on Fox News saying he wouldn't get vaxxed!

Oh wow. I saw this guy on Fox News saying he wouldn't get vaxxed!

There is already a thread of dudes jerking themselves off with the 7th booster to this man's death.

Reactions: Chuck C
No, there is not.

Reducing your risk of severe disease by 99% is astoundingly good. And multiple evaluations from different countries are all showing that.
My issue is with saying the vaccines will make you fully protected. There is no such thing and they will not make it so. Even Tony "I AM Science" Fauci agrees.
Yes, they will reduce your chances of developing a severe case from less than 1% to a lot less than 1%, but they will not fully protect you. It's great to say your chances decrease by 99%, which is one way to look at it. But another way to look at is that your chances of hospitalization change by less than 1% if you are fully vaccinated, from 0.89% to 0.01%. You go from very unlikely to extremely unlikely.
I've seen studies that say your chances of infection increase for two weeks after receiving a booster. This could be due to any number of reasons, not the least of which is a false sense of security which leads people into taking unnecessary risks and dropping their guard.
New formulas for boosters will be hit or miss. Sometimes they will work and sometimes they will not. Just like the annual flu shots. And like annual flu shots, you will be as protected as you can be, but never fully protected.

It's nearly impossible to convince anti-vaxxers how amazing these vaccines are. You're probably just wasting your time, sadly.

Have you seen this site?

Nothing I posted suggested one should not get the vaccine. The vaccines are great, but they are not infallible. If they were, there wouldn't be so many breakthrough cases. Vaccine hesitancy is largely due to mistrust in the people pushing the vaccine. And making claims that are untrue does not dispel that mistrust. It is okay to say the vaccine and its boosters will decrease your chances of a severe infection, but they won't eliminate it. It's okay to admit you will never be fully protected. But making statements that are obviously false only makes people question everything you say.

Reactions: ICHerky
WTF are you babbling about?

Who is disputing "natural immunity"? That's what vaccines convey to you.
For 18 months we couldn’t have a debate about natural immunity. The fuking just released information from the USA two weeks ago admitting natural immunity protected you. Many folks wondered why they didn’t consider proof of prior infection as a way to not be fired from Your job if you didn’t want the vaccine

For 18 months we couldn’t have a debate about natural immunity. The fuking just released information from the USA two weeks ago admitting natural immunity protected you. Many folks wondered why they didn’t consider proof of prior infection as a way to not be fired from Your job if you didn’t want the vaccine
One of the funniest things to happen during covid was when the narrative was thick and the basketball player said he wouldn't get vaxxed. When they pressed him he very clearly stated his stance and that he had previously had covid and the story flat ****ing died.

My issue is with saying the vaccines will make you fully protected. There is no such thing and they will not make it so.

Your position here is like stating no one should wear seat belts, because you'll never ever be "fully protected" in an accident.

Same with air-bags.

Reactions: VodkaSam
One of the funniest things to happen during covid was when the narrative was thick and the basketball player said he wouldn't get vaxxed. When they pressed him he very clearly stated his stance and that he had previously had covid

And vaccines confer FAR more consistent immunity than prior infections.
That is documented.

Immunity or reduction of severity? Chose your words carefully.

Same thing.

It's literally why few of us die from H1N1 flu.
People still catch it, but it is far far less severe DUE TO conveyed immunity. Not "100%", but enough immune memory to make it a regular cold.

It's true. It was almost impossible to find data about natural immunity early

It was almost impossible to find data on ANYTHING related to Covid "early on".
Not UNTIL scientists learned about it.

NOW they KNOW that acquired immunity thru exposure/infection can vary much more than immunity conveyed through vaccines. Ergo, getting the vaccine provides a higher level of PROOF of immunity than "prior infection".

Reactions: HawkFan1298
Your position here is like stating no one should wear seat belts, because you'll never ever be "fully protected" in an accident.

Same with air-bags.
Not even close. At no point did I say people should not get the vaccine. I said lying about how effective the vaccine and it's boosters are doesn't help.
Telling people that wearing their seatbelt will fully protect them only leads to some people driving more recklessly. For the people who know this to be untrue, they are less likely to believe what you say about getting their brakes checked.

Have you seen this site?

It also reminds me (every day) of this quote, which I think is about as accurate and succinct as you can be on this topic:

"...the underlying message is that the far right is so programmable they will reject anything liberals do. And so help me god, they aren't lying about that."

"programmable" is simply the perfect adjective here.

Same thing.

It's literally why few of us die from H1N1 flu.
People still catch it, but it is far far less severe DUE TO conveyed immunity. Not "100%", but enough immune memory to make it a regular cold.
You are of thr belief the vaccines are offering the same "immunity" as natural immunity?

You are of thr belief the vaccines are offering the same "immunity" as natural immunity?

The vaccines offer MORE CONSISTENT immunity than previous exposure. Because no one knows which variant you were previously exposed to, and we're now seeing people getting severely ill from Omicron after a previous exposure to some other variant.

In contrast, people with 3x mRNA vaccine doses do much much better against the two Omicron variants.

So, no, they are not offering "the same" immunity. They are offering essentially BETTER immunity.

Not even close. At no point did I say people should not get the vaccine. I said lying about how effective the vaccine and it's boosters are doesn't help.
No one is "lying" about it.

They are ~99% effective at keeping you out of the hospital.
Care to calculate the ROI for a $20 vaccine vs. a $50,000+ hospital stay?

EDIT: Actually, $60 vaccine, for 3x doses. So, BETTER THAN 800x ROI.

No one is "lying" about it.

They are ~99% effective at keeping you out of the hospital.
Care to calculate the ROI for a $20 vaccine vs. a $50,000+ hospital stay?

EDIT: Actually, $60 vaccine, for 3x doses. So, BETTER THAN 800x ROI.
Also not getting vaccinated gives you a ~99% chance of staying out of the hospital. And saying the vaccine "fully protects" you is a lie. If it did, there wouldn't be any breakthrough cases. Of course you are going to take my post to mean I am an anti-vaxxer, which I am not. Go back through this thread and any other, I have never said people should not get vaccinated.
The orthodoxy of worshiping the vaccine is dangerous. Saying it will fully protect people is dangerous. By not acknowledging the vaccine is not perfect, people are less likely to take other steps to protect their health.

By not acknowledging the vaccine is not perfect, people are less likely to take other steps to protect their health.

This is false.

What makes people want to take "other steps" are claims that "drinking your own pee", "ivermectin" or "hydroxychloroquine" are "cures" for Covid.

Hospitalization rate for the vaccinated who contract Covid: 0.01% (99.99% will not be hospitalized)
Hospitalization rate for the unvaccinated who contract Covid: 0.89% (99.11% will not be hospitalized)

This is false.

What makes people want to take "other steps" are claims that "drinking your own pee", "ivermectin" or "hydroxychloroquine" are "cures" for Covid.
We want people to take other steps to protect themselves and not solely rely on the vaccine. Which other steps are effective and which ones are not needs to be openly discussed. It does no good to lump them all into the same "these people are crazy" pigeonhole, but that's what we do when we insist the vaccine is the one and only rational step a person can take. It is a very important step, but certainly not the only step.

We've gotten pretty far afield here, and you seem to be missing my point. The point I am trying to make is that saying the vaccine and boosters fully protect a person is incorrect. And that putting all our eggs into the vaccine basket is a bad idea. The CDC says so. Fauci says so too.
Many people believed that once they got vaccinated, they were immune. They weren't. That false sense of security is part of what made the Delta wave so bad and part of what is making the Omicron wave move so quickly.

THIS is why people won't get the vaccine.

Rightwing media pundits, who are ALL vaccinated themselves, idolize these idiots:

None of this addresses the part of my post you quoted. You seem to be unable to get your head around the fact that I am not an anti-vaxxer.

Joe, I'm done with this conversation. I recommend you go back and re-read what I've posted. None of it matches your replies. You offer no serious rebuttal for any of the points I've made and you repeatedly mischaracterized my position.

Many people believed that once they got vaccinated, they were immune. They weren't. That false sense of security is part of what made the Delta wave so bad

AGAIN: FALSE

The pandemic is MOSTLY of the UNVACCINATED, who are clogging up the ICUs.
If ALL of them were vaccinated, this would have been similar to "a flu season".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT