ADVERTISEMENT

4th Booster ups protection against Omicron

The point I am trying to make is that saying the vaccine and boosters fully protect a person is incorrect.

The point you are trying to make is that if they are "not 100% effective", they are "useless"

Which is both disinformation and patently FALSE.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
The point you are trying to make is that if they are "not 100% effective", they are "useless"

Which is both disinformation and patently FALSE.

The downside to the vaccine is so small; getting the vaccine is SO easy for most.

It's a hundred times easier than going to the dentist.

Reactions: Joes Place
Hospitalization rate for the unvaccinated who contract Covid: 0.89% (99.11% will not be hospitalized)
Not per CDC numbers

April-December 2021
6.8M cases in unvaccinated, >94,000 hospitalizations

1.4%

The MAIN reason numbers have dropped, is because the oldest patient populations are now mostly vaccinated. So, you're looking at numbers that are in younger and younger adults and kids. Which makes this an impressively HIGH number.

This is what happens when you have HIGH vaccination rates.

Denmark still has high levels of infection/incidence.
But FEW hospitalizations. And so they are ending all Covid restrictions

UNLIKE Sweden (the anti-restriction "darling" of the rightwingers), where restrictions will remain in place for a while yet.

Frederiksen said that while the omicron variant is surging in Denmark, it is not placing a heavy burden on the health system and the country has a high vaccination rate.

EXACTLY where the US COULD be if we didn't have disinformation campaigns like Fox News extending the pandemic to "own the libs".

But how sustainable is the booster game?
(the answer is developing better vaccines, probably)

I stick a tube up both of my nostrils evey morning and spray stuff to temper my allergies. A shot every few months doesn't seem so bad

ADVERTISEMENT