Tech, and West Virginia}.
The Atlantic Coast Conference has 4 teams(Duke,
Florida St., Clemson, and Syracuse.}

The Big Ten has Michigan and Purdue
The SEC has Kentucky and Texas A & M.

Bottom Line: 75% of Sweet 16 comes from four
conferences.

Who wins it all?

Kentucky has the easiest path to the Final Four.
Next would be Michigan. Villanova seems a cinch,
while the winner of the Kansas/Duke will also make
it.

I would love Purdue’s chances had Haas not gotten hurt. Don’t want Kansas, they seem a little thuggish this year, West Virginia plays as hard as anyone but, I would like to see Kentucky win it. They struggled to find themselves all year, the least hyped recruit stepped up and took over and it’s fun to see.
You can hate Kentucky all you want, but the kids they have had for several years have been great kids and I like that.

I would love Purdue’s chances had Haas not gotten hurt. Don’t want Kansas, they seem a little thuggish this year, West Virginia plays as hard as anyone but, I would like to see Kentucky win it. They struggled to find themselves all year, the least hyped recruit stepped up and took over and it’s fun to see.
You can hate Kentucky all you want, but the kids they have had for several years have been great kids and I like that.
You would like to see Calipari win another title? Gross

The Big 12 has 4 teams (Kansas, Kansas St. Texas

conferences.

Who wins it all?

Big 12 also had 8 teams in the field. (1,3,5,6,8,9,10,10)
ACC had 9 teams in the field (1,2,2,5,6,8,9,9,11)
SEC had 8 (3,4,5,6,7,7,8,9)
Big East had 6 (1,1,8,8,10,10)
Big Ten had just 4 (2,3,3,5)

It really shows that it doesn't really matter if you're a high seed or a bubble team. Once you get it it really is all about matchups and how you play. More so this year as there really are not teams that you say oh yeah that's a final four team. More like about 10 to 16 teams that you felt if they play well could.

Not bashing you or your opinion, but I don't want Calamari anywhere near a national title.
The defense UMBC and KState played last night made me tense just watching it. It was a somewhat ugly second half, but those guys were in each others shirts constantly. I did like Barry Brown going over to the UMBC bench when they subbed out their starters at the end and shaking hands/hugging them. Tough, hard-played game, but when it was done they each respected the effort of the other side. Sad to say that's as refreshing as it is.
If they can get Wade back and keep playing defense the way they did, they can keep moving on.

Last edited:
The NCAA Tournament tests the coach's ability to
get his team ready to play and keep their poise

This tourney demonstrates that nobody can assume
an automatic win. You have to earn it on the court
and not rely on past press clippings..

I am not sure what to think this year, except that I don't want KY, Syracuse, Duke or Kansas to win. The door is actually open for Loyola-Chicago to get to the final 4. Same with Michigan, which won despite having two bad offensive games.

Some of the top teams have played unbelievably bad, but maybe I am not giving the underdogs enough credit??? How can teams loaded with great individual players and top coaches, like Virginia, Arizona, MSU and NC, play that poorly?

The tournament has really come down to match ups. Syracuse taught everybody how to beat MSU.
Virginia had no shot with a quick back court that carved them up.
Some of the higher seed teams just clearly chocked and played with minimal effort. There is way to much parity in NCAA basketball that is why you're seeing several upsets.
This has been the most exciting tournament that I have watched in years. I really think any of the 16 teams remaining could win it all.

Reactions: HawkAttackDial911
I am not sure what to think this year, except that I don't want KY, Syracuse, Duke or Kansas to win. The door is actually open for Loyola-Chicago to get to the final 4. Same with Michigan, which won despite having two bad offensive games.

Some of the top teams have played unbelievably bad, but maybe I am not giving the underdogs enough credit??? How can teams loaded with great individual players and top coaches, like Virginia, Arizona, MSU and NC, play that poorly?
3 of those teams: AZ, MSU, NC, are, or have been recently, under investigation. If it was one of them- maybe coincidence, but 3? And 2 of the games were blowouts... Judging from the tangible results, think the investigations get in the kids’ heads. But also shows BB parity when those kind of off-court things can affect results that dramatically.

VA is an interesting case- a team with some stars, but not top level talent generally, which depends a lot on chemistry. They lose the ACC 6th man of the year 3 days before the tourney, on a team that doesn’t go that deep. They play a hot-shooting team, and shoot poorly themselves. The result on the scoreboard?: blowout.

Has anyone put together the head 2 head records of the power 5/6 against one another in this tourney? That’s always an interesting tell. Sometimes a team advances based on upsets on their line.

I don't think its a shock to anyone that the B12 and ACC are having success in the tournament this year. The Big East was the surprise of the year, did not look impressive at all. Creighton couldn't even beat K State whose leading scorer didn't play due to injury.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
What is crazy about the ACC is that their record is both impressive in spite of having two if their top 2 teams in Virginia and UNC get embarrassed by a much lower seed.

I don't think its a shock to anyone that the B12 and ACC are having success in the tournament this year. The Big East was the surprise of the year, did not look impressive at all. Creighton couldn't even beat K State whose leading scorer didn't play due to injury.

The Big 12 has 4 teams (Kansas, Kansas St. Texas

conferences.

Who wins it all?
Also do an analysis who the number of teams from each conference that made the big dance.That helps, though not always, in getting more conf. teams further into the tournament.

First time in years that they weren't a complete tournament dud

If the Big 12 doesn't win any more games, it could still be a dud.

But it appears that the teams they had in the tournament deserved to be there. Even the losses were closely contested games.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
All these upsets and we'll still see all the blue blood power schools in the FF.

Boring.
Actually, not likely to see a bunch of bluebloods in the FF. Only KY is a blue blood in the South (God I hope they lose). None of the teams in the West is really a blue blood, although the Zags and UM pretty strong recent histories. In the East, Villanova is probably close to being a blue blood and Purdue has a strong history, but West Virginia and Tech aren't blue bloods. You are correct in the Midwest, unless Clemson can pull a couple of upsets.

This is the most improbably tournament that I can remember. Go Loyola!

Michigan struggled against Houston, but I think they make it to the title game. When they are on, they are good. I want Kentucky to lose, but unless KSU gets their best player back(Dean Wade), they don't have a chance. Even if is available against Kentucky, he will be rusty after a couple of week off. His conditioning, footwork and timing may be off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT