ADVERTISEMENT

50 years ago today....

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Apollo 11 blasted off for the moon and man’s first steps on that surface.
CBS replay of the blast-off just winding up. The child-like giddiness in Walter Cronkite’s voice is all one needs to understand the magnitude of this event. 4 days later when Armstrong stepped out on the moon’s surface, Cronkite’s tearing up might be the most prideful national moment ever captured on television.

To me some of the coolest words ever, "ignition sequence starts..."

ShabbyAppropriateFrog-size_restricted.gif

CBS replay of the blast-off just winding up. The child-like giddiness in Walter Cronkite’s voice is all one needs to understand the magnitude of this event. 4 days later when Armstrong stepped out on the moon’s surface, Cronkite’s tearing up might be the most prideful national moment ever captured on television.
The CNN special was outstanding.

50 years ago today Joel and LC were enjoying the last of their 30's.
No actually, the moon landing is a memory to me for some very personal and animalistic reasons...I was watching the “moon walk” with a lady friend in a small SE Iowa town.....quite a memory.
I was only 20. Jeeeeeze.........

Some good stuff on last night about all the German scientists that helped and how some of them were bigger Nazis than others.

One of the main people that helped with NASA was later tossed out and had to renounce his citizenship he was given.

Kind of slimy all the way around.

My guess is the German war machine fast forwarded the space race a decade.

Some good stuff on last night about all the German scientists that helped and how some of them were bigger Nazis than others.

One of the main people that helped with NASA was later tossed out and had to renounce his citizenship he was given.

Kind of slimy all the way around.

My guess is the German war machine fast forwarded the space race a decade.

As we had to say back in the days of The Cold War.....”Our German scientists are better than yours!”

Duran Duran is playing for the Apollo astronauts at Nasa KSC tonight with 300 drones overhead lol. I should go, probably milf central, but those Apollo guys and their elephant balls probably get the pick of the litter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT