ADVERTISEMENT

55% chance they beat Iowa

Steven Sipple.

The gift the keeps on giving. I am absolutely in awe of the sunshine that he pumps out of Scott Frosts ass. He (and the rest of the Nub fanboys posing as beat writers) is a big reason that fanbase goes home with Charlie Brown face at the end of every season after Lucy pulls the ball away.......again.

Thank you Steven!

Well, you know those percentages are wacked, they give themselves a 20% chance of beating tOSU, and that is about 19% to high. LOL
Probably won't happen but you can imagine the fallout if Nebby lost the Fordham game like they did against Troy a few years back. Seriously, the entire Nebby football program is whacked.

Steven Sipple.

The gift the keeps on giving. I am absolutely in awe of the sunshine that he pumps out of Scott Frosts ass. He (and the rest of the Nub fanboys posing as beat writers) is a big reason that fanbase goes home with Charlie Brown face at the end of every season after Lucy pulls the ball away.......again.

Thank you Steven!
Holy freaking crap. Giving Nebraska a 55% chance of beating Northwestern, Michigan, Iowa, and a 60% chance of beating Purdue. All teams (outside of Michigan) that beat Nebraska last year, but sure they have better than even odds of beating all those teams this year despite having their best skill player leave (Robinson) and the "new hotness" at QB (McCaffery). And the statement about if they get a 1,000 yard rusher that a division title is the minimum expectation. This is just unbelievable.

Every year I think their media will just be quiet and make the team actually do something before going to these rosy scenarios where they are winning 9 games easily. And every year they don't disappoint. Why is Frost saying things that he is saying? Why even say they have better athletes at every position. He literally says something or some variation of that every spring. They would be much better served saying nothing and just playing. But they just can't hold back.

They seem to forget they have a qb that has a difficult time completing passes. And to think that players will be shocked due to the noise, no duh Moos, it’s loud at tOSU, PSU, Wisconsin, and Kinnick, and players are used to it.

Their level of delusion on a yearly basis is laughable.

Holy freaking crap. Giving Nebraska a 55% chance of beating Northwestern, Michigan, Iowa, and a 60% chance of beating Purdue. All teams (outside of Michigan) that beat Nebraska last year, but sure they have better than even odds of beating all those teams this year despite having their best skill player leave (Robinson) and the "new hotness" at QB (McCaffery). And the statement about if they get a 1,000 yard rusher that a division title is the minimum expectation. This is just unbelievable.

Every year I think their media will just be quiet and make the team actually do something before going to these rosy scenarios where they are winning 9 games easily. And every year they don't disappoint. Why is Frost saying things that he is saying? Why even say they have better athletes at every position. He literally says something or some variation of that every spring. They would be much better served saying nothing and just playing. But they just can't hold back.

If the games were played today, Nebraska would be underdogs against Northwestern, Michigan, and Iowa for sure, and probably by at least 2 or 3 points in each game. Giving them a greater than 50% chance of winning any of those games is some serious sunshine pumping.

Not sure what you are so upset about. Would it make that big of difference if he said a 50/50 game? He is basically saying they are 50/50 games and gives Nebraska a 5% home advantage.

The Nebraska - Iowa game has been a one score games 3 years in a row.

The Nebraska - Northwestern game has been a 1 score game every year since 2011 except 2 years where Nebraska won by 11 and 21.

Nebraska beat Purdue by 10 last year

Michigan went 2-4 last year

If the games were played today, Nebraska would be underdogs against Northwestern, Michigan, and Iowa for sure, and probably by at least 2 or 3 points in each game. Giving them a greater than 50% chance of winning any of those games is some serious sunshine pumping.
Don't really have an issue with their prediction for a home game vs the Hawks, given the last couple have been much closer. BUt, I think the big question will be how much do the bugers have left in the tank by black Friday? My guess is they'll be on fumes and pretty beat up by then, given their schedule, but we'll see.....

Not sure what you are so upset about. Would it make that big of difference if he said a 50/50 game? He is basically saying they are 50/50 games and gives Nebraska a 5% home advantage.

The Nebraska - Iowa game has been a one score games 3 years in a row.

The Nebraska - Northwestern game has been a 1 score game every year since 2011 except 2 years where Nebraska won by 11 and 21.

Nebraska beat Purdue by 10 last year

Michigan went 2-4 last year

And PSU and Wiscy were shadows of themselves last year. There was this Covid thing last year that jumbled everything in the sports world. You clowns are no closer to being on a level with those teams than before the closet clown came home.

Reactions: pmtdc
There does seem to be a remarkable lack of perspective. If you listen to the media adulation, you miss key facts. They supposedly threw the ball down field more effectively. But Martin caught 5 balls for 47 yards (with a fumble). Manning caught 3 balls for 24 yards. Martinez was 12-20 for 127 yards. That sounds a lot like their 2020 offense. Not very explosive.

And that article should have stated they would have a 50/50% chance of winning their spring game against themselves. One more victory for Frosty...

Reactions: pmtdc and MitchLL
And that article should have stated they would have a 50/50% chance of winning their spring game against themselves. One more victory for Frosty...
I thought the starters lost the spring game?

Not really a big deal tho, the most important thing in Lincoln is that "sellout" streak.

Reactions: chuck285
There does seem to be a remarkable lack of perspective. If you listen to the media adulation, you miss key facts. They supposedly threw the ball down field more effectively. But Martin caught 5 balls for 47 yards (with a fumble). Manning caught 3 balls for 24 yards. Martinez was 12-20 for 127 yards. That sounds a lot like their 2020 offense. Not very explosive.
Those are spring game stats brother. Nebraska played 2 hand touch the 1st half. Basically meaningless.

If the media and Frosty don’t hype the players/team, how can he then throw them under the bus when they don’t meet “expectations”? God forbid he take any blame.

UN is going to end up being like Iowa State. The coach gets an automatic contract extension if they beat Iowa.

1 - Who’s going to score on a senior laden black shirt defense?

2 - Who’s going to cover Betts, Toure, and Omar Manning?

3 - Who’s going to stop Stepp and Martinez on the ground.

Nebraska is going to have a great year.
1- The same teams that have been scoring on them with abandon the last 5 years.
2 - Who is going to consistently throw them the ball?
3 - Who is going to block for them? The same teams who have been stopping them in the past will continue to stop them. And Stepp doesn't concern me. He's just another rb at NE who won't amount to much.

NE is going to suck just like they have been sucking. Enjoy your preseason - when the actual games start, your fantasy will be over.

It's called they can't handle the truth!!
fb69b97a7755b04e8cf39c6a95c62ead.jpg

I swear. Those Nebby papers in Omaha and Lincoln love to troll their own fan base.

It's also called not telling the truth.
Not really. There just expectations at this point. I mean don't we all like to think we'll win most of our games as well? I mean, I do, or else whats the point of fandom. I'm always amazed at how people get on here and predict that Iowa will lose when the games are clearly a pick em or toss up. Why pick your team to lose when its that close? The last couple with Nebraska have been close, and we'll be in Lincoln. If I was them, I'd pick the cornholers to win as well. Now I think Iowa wins because we're the more disciplined team and generally makes fewer mistakes, but I'm an Iowa fan, so.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT