ADVERTISEMENT

64 New food items coming to the 2023 Iowa State Fair

• Deep Fried Strawberry Shortcake on a Stick
Mmm_-_Homer_Simpson.gif

Reactions: TJ8869
Who was going to try all 64 items and report back?
I make it a point to target 4-6 things that look truly interesting. The fair has evolved quite a bit. So many Asian and Hispanic options have been added each year.
I always get the fresh fried curly potato thing. That’s my go to.

Iowa Twinkie-Jalapeno Filled with Pulled Pork, Corn and Cream Cheese, Wrapped in Bacon, Smoked with Sweet and Sticky BBQ, Finished with Ranch

I think just had a heart attack reading this
**** ranch dressing (unless you make your own and add anchovy paste to it).

Hopefully some of the GOP Presidential hopefuls that grace us with their cameo appearances this year choke on something.

The finalists for the best new food items have been announced. The bacon box grinder ball item made the cut. Not sure if the selection committee is in on some kind of a joke, or what?
The deep fried bacon brisket Mac N Cheese sandwich made the cut. That’s the one I have my eye on.

Wife made us try the 2-3 "best new foods" last year. One of them involved waiting in a line in the rain for 45 minutes with 3 kids. And all of the foods were pretty meh.
My wife and I went to the N. Florida Fair in Tally last year for the first time in several years. We tried several things that looked good, and none of them tasted as good as they looked (and of course, they were a bit pricey). We both decided that it would be a while before we go back. The people-watching was definitely the highlight of the fair.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT