ADVERTISEMENT

7.5 to 1.3

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
That is Millions boys. Someone on THE SCRAMBLE posted Tax forms (2019)from both the HWC and nlwc. We are behind more then 6 Mil. We need to close this gap.

Reactions: grapplefann
That is Millions boys. Someone on THE SCRAMBLE posted Tax forms (2019)from both the HWC and nlwc. We are behind more then 6 Mil. We need to close this gap.
I honestly believe this is the single biggest reason we are behind them. You will never convince me their coaches are that much better than ours. They just keep bringing in top end talent and polishing them up and win. I am in no way shape or form saying they can’t coach that would be ridiculous. They have a distinct advantage and your lying to yourself if you don’t think they have a major advantage over the rest of the country.

Iowa can still beat them. Too much ‘talent’ means lots of unhappy 2nd stringers.
LOL Wut?

Did you miss the 3 hour psu propaganda piece in Detroit? Who cares if some 2nd string guy is unhappy? He's not gonna matter anyway.

Bring on the next top 10 p4p or elite transfer. NLWC has plenty of cash.

9.9 is dead with NIL and OTC money.

FWIW, I'm not gonna help much in closing that monetary deficit.

And I see a correlation between
Let’s just for a second, hypothetically concede there are a bunch of unhappy 2nd stringers. How exactly, does the unhappiness of a 2nd stringer affect the outcome of the National Semifinals or National Finals?
They transfer out as second best in country at the weight?

Would more money help? probably yes, somewhat. A stat that sticks out to me, is no national individual champs above 149 since 2010 when Metcalf and Borshel 174 won championships. I forgot StJohn 157 2013.Hope I'm wrong about that, but glaring if true. Iowa loses points to Penn State big time in the upper weights. I know Warner did, better than expected? still outscored Cass doesn't lose to Kerk, still outscored, ect. Look at the scoreboard. Upper weight coaching is needed and needed soon or Penn State will continue to win National championships no matter how much money is in the coffer.

I honestly believe this is the single biggest reason we are behind them. You will never convince me their coaches are that much better than ours. They just keep bringing in top end talent and polishing them up and win. I am in no way shape or form saying they can’t coach that would be ridiculous. They have a distinct advantage and your lying to yourself if you don’t think they have a major advantage over the rest of the country.
Been stating this myself, but then guys like Smalls and the trolls come here and pretend to know nothing about this and make stupid claims that the playing field is level and earth is flat. Heck there are some Hawks fans that don’t recognize it.

Been stating this myself, but then guys like Smalls and the trolls come here and pretend to know nothing about this and make stupid claims that the playing field is level and earth is flat. Heck there are some Hawks fans that don’t recognize it.
You’re right. It’s definitely not Morningstar versus Cael or Casey. Yet somehow your lightweights who roll with the Brands compete nationally all the time. Keep telling yourself it’s the money.

Reactions: Cleaning guy
They are great coaches specially Casey, bu you keep living in fantasy land thinking everything in funland is on the up and up.
resources help but you’re delusional if you don’t think they’ve been out coaching the hawks too.

it’s not just recruiting either. the past two seasons they’ve had 5 guys win titles. 4/5 guys won at least 1 of their titles by beating an opponent who had won the previous match up. the 5th (rby) beat a guy who was a bigger recruit.

they have something figured out. their best guys are performing at their best in the biggest moments.

Well. Ideas?:
My current top 10 list, not in order:
1) f*n fans put up $6M to HWC to prove their claim it's just coaching.
2) HWC tax on Carver cones
3) sell season tickets to bridge fights.
4) any bitcoin miners in Cesspool?
5) sell tickets to wet HWC t-shirt exhibition involving Sans wife (at least I recall it was her everyone talks about)
6) Cesspool kissing booth at Iowa State Fair
7) Kidnap and ransom Ira Lubert (j/k, don't (get caught) trying this at home)
8) PSU troll surcharge to post here (they'll pay and keep coming back)
9) brownie sale coordinated by el dub
10) C'mon, there has to be 1 mega rich Hawk wrestling fan!!

They are great coaches specially Casey, bu you keep living in fantasy land thinking everything in funland is on the up and up.
It’s not on the up and up. We in Funland cheat. We cheat by having coaches that actually are better than your coaches and we have more resources. On top of that when the lights are the brightest no one does it better than PSU. All anyone remembers it what PSU did on Friday night and Saturday night. Sure it’s the money and not the performances that tell the top recruits this is why you come here. We will take you here and teach you how to rise when everyone else falters. There is no better recruiting tool than what PSU has done on Friday and Saturday the last 5 years or so. Keep blaming the money while Cael makes everyone forget what Iowa wrestling was.

5) sell tickets to wet HWC t-shirt exhibition involving Sans wife (at least I recall it was her everyone talks about)
Pic of wife?

resources help but you’re delusional if you don’t think they’ve been out coaching the hawks too.

it’s not just recruiting either. the past two seasons they’ve had 5 guys win titles. 4/5 guys won at least 1 of their titles by beating an opponent who had won the previous match up. the 5th (rby) beat a guy who was a bigger recruit.

they have something figured out. their best guys are performing at their best in the biggest moments.
Not arguing that they can’t coach but also remember these guys are working out with some pretty big names in the rtc. They also bring in mma fighters and other elite athletes to work out with. Money helps with all of this. Working with these guys and putting a ton of time into scheming I guess that means they are totally out coaching us. Like I said earlier you would be pretty crazy to think they can’t coach. Just saying they have a distinct advantage over the rest of the country.

It’s not on the up and up. We in Funland cheat. We cheat by having coaches that actually are better than your coaches and we have more resources. On top of that when the lights are the brightest no one does it better than PSU. All anyone remembers it what PSU did on Friday night and Saturday night. Sure it’s the money and not the performances that tell the top recruits this is why you come here. We will take you here and teach you how to rise when everyone else falters. There is no better recruiting tool than what PSU has done on Friday and Saturday the last 5 years or so. Keep blaming the money while Cael makes everyone forget what Iowa wrestling was.
And yet you and your bunch have been conspicuously silent for the last couple of years. Weird.

And in true cockroach fashion, here you are. Or I should say were. Later D'bag.

You call going 4 for 4 in a championship round silent? And what is this other year you speak of?
I believe what he is saying is you were silent when you got your asses handed to you during the cvid year. This was by far our best team in the last ten years! We then won it last year. I would say a 100% healthy team would have done a 3peat. Was not meant to be.

That being said you and ythe other bandwagon fans really just sound stupid! Honestly, do not be a fool, or pretend to be that dumb! The great Fale has brought in such a ridiculous amount of top talent. I would bet it is greater then ALL the next 3-5 teams combined!

If you look at IOWA, over the last 10 years, I am only thinking of 3-4 top 10 P4P guys. Spencer Lee, I believe the Bull, Warner. If we had just 3Xs that, 3 champs, 3 more finalists, and 3 AAs for example. How do you think we would have done? Remember, our best recruit, is the BEST Wrestler in the world. Three Lee's would equal 75 points themselves! Not sure what Warner scored, but X by three and do the same with the bull. Let me know if that wins it? I'll wait

It's Iowa City. No. 9 should do the trick!

don't you have to add the $25mil for a new facility in this? or doesn't that count?
Here comes the troll again, funny you should bring this up psu lover.
To answer this psu would not have wait years to raise private funding and get this done, they would have resources and school funding immediately if they wanted. And I’m sure that would not slow down Carls bank roll, denial is not just a river in Egypt. Yes they have good coaches and yes their resources help them with keeping getting and maintaining top recruits!

On the front end, Cael was lured to Penn State with $$$ and homegrown wrestling talent. On the back end, Cael creates a dynasty and his groupies deny that $$$ and talent played much of a role. Just another one of life's coincidences.

On the front end, Cael was lured to Penn State with $$$ and homegrown wrestling talent. On the back end, Cael creates a dynasty and his groupies deny that $$$ and talent played much of a role. Just another one of life's coincidences.
and ONLY 1 Homegrown PA wrestler in the starting lineup.... its all about the Money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You’re right. It’s definitely not Morningstar versus Cael or Casey. Yet somehow your lightweights who roll with the Brands compete nationally all the time. Keep telling yourself it’s the money.
Keep telling yourself that you are not troll . . .

So, time to evolve, right?

If you look at IOWA, over the last 10 years, I am only thinking of 3-4 top 10 P4P guys. Spencer Lee, I believe the Bull, Warner. If we had just 3Xs that, 3 champs, 3 more finalists, and 3 AAs for example. How do you think we would have done? Remember, our best recruit, is the BEST Wrestler in the world. Three Lee's would equal 75 points themselves! Not sure what Warner scored, but X by three and do the same with the bull. Let me know if that wins it? I'll wait
I have no idea if your numbers are correct, but if Iowa has only brought in 3-4 of the top 10 P4P in the last 10 years (100 athletes), then I would ask the coaches why? With everything Iowa Wrestling has to offer, I would think getting 1-2 a year would be the standard.

his groupies deny that $$$ and talent played much of a role
I believe even Cael would say "$$$ and talent" play a big role. I believe "his groupies" deny that $$$ is buying talent outside compliance with NCAA rules.

I think any who believe existing $$$ is buying talent in violation of NCAA rules would logically be concerned NIL $$$ and unique NIL compliance considerations (including any grey areas) would be similarly leveraged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT