ADVERTISEMENT

7-day rolling average of deaths drops to 560 on July 1

This is an article printed a few days ago written by a epidemiologist who specializes in bat borne viruses where he outlines the lack of evidence that surgical and cloth masks do anything meaningful to stop COVID-19 spread.

Again, I encourage use of cloth masks in indoor situations where physical distance is difficult to maintain. It is unlikely to do any harm and may help. We just don't know for a fact that they do.
He is a trumper. Likely racists.

This is an article printed a few days ago written by a epidemiologist who specializes in bat borne viruses where he outlines the lack of evidence that surgical and cloth masks do anything meaningful to stop COVID-19 spread.

Again, I encourage use of cloth masks in indoor situations where physical distance is difficult to maintain. It is unlikely to do any harm and may help. We just don't know for a fact that they do.
Common sense tells you masks will help reduce the spread. All the articles I’ve seen raising questions are simply asking to what degree do masks help. Not saying they don’t help.

More than that, masks indicate who takes this seriously and who are the 83Hawks and Shank Hawks who think it’s all nonsense. Easy way to identify the people to steer far far away from in public.

Reactions: RileyHawk
There is no statistical correlation between lockdowns and case control. California had one of the most stringent lockdowns, and their cases are increasing. Most of the population centers in Texas had serious lockdowns, bit cases are rising. Wisconsin had a court ordered suspension of lockdown a long time ago, and the virus is well under control there.

A Stanford study indicated that cloth facemasks allow small particles to travel at least 5 feet. We have no real evidence that cloth masks help.

I'm not promoting that people shouldn't wear them, but the idea that they are absolutely necessary for this virus is not supported by the evidence.

People are cherry picking data to prove their biases.
LOL...we NEVER locked down. The list of "essential businesses" was as long as your arm. And they were packed. Ask anyone who drove by a Home Depot during the "lockdown". Finland and Norway locked down tight. Sweden - to the great delight of the right - refused. Their lockdown more closely resembled what we did. On a per capita basis, Sweden has far more deaths than the US. Finland and Norway, with a larger combined population, have ~600. Total. The idea that a hard lockdown doesn't work is - quite honestly - stupid.

As for masks: The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces the transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected droplets in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at stopping spread of the virus when compliance is high. The de-creased transmissibility could substantially reduce the death toll and economic impact while the cost of the intervention is low. Thus we recommend the adoption of public cloth mask wearing, as an effective form of source control, in conjunction with existing hygiene, distancing, and contact tracing strategies. We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread face masks in public, including the use of appropriate regulation.

That's from the metastudy:

Face Masks Against COVID-19: An Evidence Review

Once again, the idea that preventing droplets from entering the air where they can become aerosolized wouldn't inhibit transmission is silly.

More evidence?

You can literally see the mask work.

More?

In Health Affairs, a study compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. Mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate. After three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points.

Here's one where they looked at coronavirus deaths across 198 countries Those with a culture that encouraged mask-wearing showed significantly fewer deaths.

Anecdotal evidence?

A man with Covid-19 flew from China to Canada while exhibiting a dry cough. He wore a mask for the entire flight. The 25 people who sat closest to him during the flight never tested positive.

More?

Discussed on HROT were the two symptomatic hair dressers at Great Clips who served 140 customers. All wore masks and not a single customer developed Covid-19 from the encounter.

And, the fatality rate drops to 4.6% Nationwide.

If the # of infections keep rising, and the number of deaths keep trending down, that's gotta be a good sign. It sucks to get sick, and be sick. But, if you're going to recover, then you're immune. If we're all mostly immune to it, then we can get back to normal.

Reactions: hawkland14

If the # of infections keep rising, and the number of deaths keep trending down, that's gotta be a good sign. It sucks to get sick, and be sick. But, if you're going to recover, then you're immune. If we're all mostly immune to it, then we can get back to normal.
We may be seeing the beginning of the virus mutating into something not as deadly. Says my completely unscientific opinion.

Reactions: noleclone2
We may be seeing the beginning of the virus mutating into something not as deadly. Says my completely unscientific opinion.

Or more people are getting it outside of the age range where people die.

Has it been proven that you're immune once you've had it and recovered? @GOHOX69

I think I read somewhere they were wondering if this had happened already in Europe. Certainly could be possible and would be fantastic. I also saw some interesting thoughts that a deadlier strain emerged in Iran / Italy and spread to Europe and the mayhem in the Northeast traced to several folks returning to New York area from Italy.

Reactions: hawkcub
128,000? Approximately 8,000 Americans die every day; or 1,460,000 since the first of January.

When are you going to personalize the 92% that DIDN’T die of covid? Can’t believe my uncle had the nerve to die of cancer instead of the Fauci Flu: how selfish can a man get.

You do know that argument is the dumbest argument there is. You have to be a complete idiot to use that example.

There is a lot of research and effort put into saving people with cancer so it has been personalized. Your argument is that people are going to die anyway so why do the research and treatment. Why spend that money. Your treatment of Covid is the equivalent of saying, if people get cancer, let them die.

Reason #2 why your answer is stupid. Cancer can't be transmitted.

Do you even think before you post. You post like someone very uneducated or 5 years old.

I think I read somewhere they were wondering if this had happened already in Europe. Certainly could be possible and would be fantastic. I also saw some interesting thoughts that a deadlier strain emerged in Iran / Italy and spread to Europe and the mayhem in the Northeast traced to several folks returning to New York area from Italy.
I'm also encouraged when I hear Dr. Scott Gotlieb say he thinks by January it will be subsiding one way or another. He says basically we'll have a vaccine or so many people will have it , t will be hard for it to go from person to person.

He is a former head of the FDA, on the board of Pfizer, and the go to doctor for CNBC. Through out this he hasn't seemed like the Doom and Gloomers CNN puts out there. But not the sunshine pumpers fox News has put out there.

Last edited:
While the nation was focused on the riots, it looks like the CDC was busy cooking up a bunch of test kits already seeded with the virus like they did back in March.

Explains the positives jumping from 8% up to 25%: literally impossible in a population that has been exposed this long.

More lies.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
While the nation was focused on the riots, it looks like the CDC was busy cooking up a bunch of test kits already seeded with the virus like they did back in March.

Explains the positives jumping from 8% up to 25%: literally impossible in a population that has been exposed this long.

More lies.
That's some OiT-quality tinfoil hat conspiracy stuff right there. Good job!

I'm also encouraged when I hear Dr. Scott Gotlieb say he thinks by January it will be subsiding one way or another. He says basically we'll have a vaccine or so many people will have it , t will be hard for it to go from person to person.

He is a former head of the FDA, on the board of Pfizer, and the go to doctor for CNBC. Through out this he hasn't seemed like the Doom and Gloomers CNN puts out there. But not the sunshine pampers fox News has put out there.
Yeah I think it will become nearly irrelevant on January 20th.

No sir, not yet. Data is still being collected and analyzed. Serology with this virus is proving to be very difficult.

Stay safe.

We've had a handful of employees who tested positive, then after a seven day wait tested negative twice > 24 hours apart and returned to work. Then tested positive again sometime later.

I'm hoping that just means the first test was a false positive and not that they were infected a second time.

I believe this has only happened with employees who never had any symptoms.

We've had a handful of employees who tested positive, then after a seven day wait tested negative twice > 24 hours apart and returned to work. Then tested positive again sometime later.

I'm hoping that just means the first test was a false positive and not that they were infected a second time.

I believe this has only happened with employees who never had any symptoms.
The testing capability of this virus is shit. Which means... any and all "data" collected, used to create other "data" is shit.

I tested positive for the antibodies through lab Corp, but I would easily bet that it would have different results 2 out of 3 times.

And, in both states, the fatality rate continues to drop.

Florida's fatality rate is 1.9%

Arizona is 2%

A 1.9% fatality rate!!! Holy Shit! Imagine being diagnosed with Cancer and being told you have a 98.1% chance of surviving! I'd spin that wheel over and over and over.
No. You wouldn't. 2 % is a high fatality rate for a communicable disease.

Well... guess what? I'm banking heavily on surviving if there's a 98% chance I'll survive!

It’s much better than that. Most experts believe 10x to 20x as many people have contracted the virus as have been tested positive. A Penn State study estimated nearly 9 million Americans had it by the end of March - 80x the 100k who had tested positive at that point.

So divide that 2% by at least ten. Even more if you’re under 50.

It’s much better than that. Most experts believe 10x to 20x as many people have contracted the virus as have been tested positive. A Penn State study estimated nearly 9 million Americans had it by the end of March - 80x the 100k who had tested positive at that point.

So divide that 2% by at least ten. Even more if you’re under 50.
There are so many studies and tests that are based on data that is insufficient because the tests are ineffective and therefore the data is just wrong.

I don't think people, especially "experts", know wtf they're talking about. Don't get me wrong... they know more than average people know. But, average people REALLY don't know wtf they're talking about, so it's a very low bar.

I'll keep wearing my mask to placate the others until November, unless Trump wins.

There are so many studies and tests that are based on data that is insufficient because the tests are ineffective and therefore the data is just wrong.

I don't think people, especially "experts", know wtf they're talking about. Don't get me wrong... they know more than average people know. But, average people REALLY don't know wtf they're talking about, so it's a very low bar.

I'll keep wearing my mask to placate the others until November, unless Trump wins.

In fairness, we know the raw data is crap. But there is enough information to make reasonable estimates of the truth. The raw data says nationwide the mortality rate is about 4%. We know that’s nowhere near true. So no expert makes that claim.

The real number has a huge margin of error, but if people who know wtf they’re doing say the real number of cases is, say, 10x to 20x the positive tests, you can at least calculate a mortality rate of between .2 and .4 and know you’re a lot closer to the real number.

We also have pretty decent data to compute the relative mortality rate between aged groups.

So it’s not like we can’t have some handle on the numbers. You just have to realize a)the raw data doesn’t mean much, and b) our best estimates have a wide margin of error.

In fairness, we know the raw data is crap. But there is enough information to make reasonable estimates of the truth. The raw data says nationwide the mortality rate is about 4%. We know that’s nowhere near true. So no expert makes that claim.

The real number has a huge margin of error, but if people who know wtf they’re doing say the real number of cases is, say, 10x to 20x the positive tests, you can at least calculate a mortality rate of between .2 and .4 and know you’re a lot closer to the real number.

We also have pretty decent data to compute the relative mortality rate between aged groups.

So it’s not like we can’t have some handle on the numbers. You just have to realize a)the raw data doesn’t mean much, and b) our best estimates have a wide margin of error.
I agree. You said it better than I said it.

This virus is real, it's going to infect a lot of people, it's going to kill a lot of people. But... it really only seems to be "worse" than things we deal with all the time, every year, because of the way it is being fed to us. If we were fed the annual flu viruses like this, people would be petrified on an annual basis. And, what pisses me off the most is the political agenda. I KNOW there is a political agenda here. And I'm like a human can of Raid when it comes to political agendas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT