ADVERTISEMENT

81 year old Nancy Pelosi is running for re-election!

I really think with term limits you're going to miss out on some good people. I mean say you have a good paying secure job. You gonna quit that to run for a job that may only last 6 years, then you're back on the market? I know some places might allow a leave of absence, but most won't. The mandatory age requirement will let you run until you're forced to retire or get beat. I think that would entice more people to give up good jobs to be "public servants."

Just my opinion.
You'd have to think that you'd have the pick of the litter of cushy, well paying jobs after your term is up in lobbying, think-tank, media, book deals, consulting gigs. Not to mention whatever career you had before would be similar in offering a position for a "former US Rep or Sen" on the payroll.

Reactions: globalhawk
Pelosi's own dad oversaw heroin traffic operations ran by high-profile Mafia members like Lucky Luciano back in the 40s.

She is more than just old - she's a wormy, rotten apple. She's a corrupt, insider-trading scumbucket who does not represent the average hard-working citizen in any way whatsoever.

You'd have to think that you'd have the pick of the litter of cushy, well paying jobs after your term is up in lobbying, think-tank, media, book deals, consulting gigs. Not to mention whatever career you had before would be similar in offering a position for a "former US Rep or Sen" on the payroll.
Perhaps. But what if you were just an insurance salesman before who ran for office, served one term, then was voted out, you're gonna get a cushy think-tank/ lobbying job? I'd be skeptical.

Unless you live in her district KC, this is not your decision to make...or concern yourself with, either. Obviously, her constituents like the job she is doing.
Fine, she can stay in office but someone else needs to take over leadership of the Democrats in the House.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
I would probably agree.......BUT......personally, I believe Nancy is the most effective leader in either house of Congress.
Says a lot about Schumer.....McConnell and McCarthy. Pelosi is one tough cookie.
McConnell was, unfortunately, very good at keeping the Republicans together until the Trump insurrection and then he started to lose some control as the monster he created is starting to turn on him.

Schumer just feels useless. Pelosi has done a much better job keeping the House in line than Schumer has with the Senate. They desperately need new leadership there.

ADVERTISEMENT