ADVERTISEMENT

9:15 a.m.: Trump calls for fraud investigations of whistleblower, his lawyer and Schiff

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
Less than an hour before his scheduled departure for a Veterans Day event, Trump returned to Twitter to call for an end to the “Impeachment Scam” and for fraud investigations into the whistleblower whose complaint sparked the inquiry, one of his lawyers, and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.).

“The lawyer for the Whistleblower takes away all credibility from this big Impeachment Scam!” Trump tweeted. “It should be ended and the Whistleblower, his lawyer and Corrupt politician Schiff should be investigared for fraud!” (Trump misspelled investigated.)

Trump and his GOP allies have seized on 2017 tweets written by Mark S. Zaid, one of the whistleblower’s lawyers, in which he predicted Trump would be impeached. Zaid has said he was exercising free speech and that his tweets don’t affect the facts of the case.

AD
Schiff, who is leading the impeachment inquiry, has been a frequent target of Trump’s ire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1f0d60-0472-11ea-8292-c46ee8cb3dce_story.html

Reactions: DFSNOLE
giphy.gif

There is something fishy with the whistleblower and Schiff. There is a very big reason why Schiff isnt having him testify. He doesnt want the GOP to ask questions about the timing and if someone from schiffs team helped him write the complaint.
We no longer need the whistleblower testimony. Higher ranking officials with first hand knowledge have already testified that there was quid pro quo. Not having him/her testify is to protect their identity.

There is something fishy with the whistleblower and Schiff. There is a very big reason why Schiff isnt having him testify. He doesnt want the GOP to ask questions about the timing and if someone from schiffs team helped him write the complaint.

They don’t need him to testify… He will not add anything to the case. They are already getting testimony from people with inside knowledge who were on the phone call.

If I am walking down the street and I suddenly see somebody running towards me saying their friend just got shot please call the police… And I call the police... The odds of me having to testify are nearly 0. Because I don’t add anything to the case, I’m simply making the call. Any past relationship I had with any of the involved parties is completely irrelevant… I’m simply making the call.

Imagine a CEO of a company spending so much time trying to out a whistleblower employee. Sending company-wide emails questioning the whistleblower’s motives and questioning his or her loyalty and threatening his or her job security. Emails saying any employee who cooperates with the internal investigation is a traitor to the company.

Would that CEO even make it to the end of the day?

We’re in Bizarro World now.

If they want to know hold hearings to find those things out, here is what they need to do.

Win elections.
Enough to win the House back.
Start subpoenaing people.
Hold hearings.

Until that happens, this is just a bunch of white noise intended to dilute the fact that Trump is going to be impeached.

Imagine a CEO of a company spending so much time trying to out a whistleblower employee. Sending company-wide emails questioning the whistleblower’s motives and questioning his or her loyalty and threatening his or her job security. Emails saying any employee who cooperates with the internal investigation is a traitor to the company.

Would that CEO even make it to the end of the day?

We’re in Bizarro World now.
We've been in bizarro world since trump decided to run.

Interesting take. So, I can assume that Mulvaney would be rushing to testify if his testimony would help right? Same for the other white house staffers? So if the truth is on their side why is the white house trying to keep them from testifying?

They don’t need him to testify… He will not add anything to the case. They are already getting testimony from people with inside knowledge who were on the phone call.

If I am walking down the street and I suddenly see somebody running towards me saying their friend just got shot please call the police… And I call the police... The odds of me having to testify are nearly 0. Because I don’t add anything to the case, I’m simply making the call. Any past relationship I had with any of the involved parties is completely irrelevant… I’m simply making the call.
You guys are hilarious. Thinking that the democrats wont have him testify because others already gave information. Do you think that congress doesnt call witnesses that are a complete waste of time? This is a PR battle. If they democrats could arrange it so that the GOP couldnt ask any questions that dude would be there in a heartbeat.

You guys are hilarious. Thinking that the democrats wont have him testify because others already gave information. Do you think that congress doesnt call witnesses that are a complete waste of time? This is a PR battle. If they democrats could arrange it so that the GOP couldnt ask any questions that dude would be there in a heartbeat.
Jesus, man, even when shredded, you double down on your same nonsense complaint.

We no longer need the whistleblower testimony. Higher ranking officials with first hand knowledge have already testified that there was quid pro quo. Not having him/her testify is to protect their identity.

The whistle blower will have to testify regarding his interactions with Schiff and staff prior to submission of the complaint....

Doesn't every foreign aid package come with a quid pro quo?

I understand there is no rule requiring this,... but there will be tremendous pressure for this to happen...
That's funny. Because in 2 previous posts you said people (including Schiff) would be "forced" to testify.

Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff are not going to allow republicans to have one single thing to say about who is going to testify and who isn't. And republicans have themselves to thank. They are the ones who changed the minority subpoena rules in 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT