ADVERTISEMENT

9 days until the pandemic ends!

I’ve always been at that stage. But had to rein it in given my previous profession. I do like letting my Freak Flag Fly. :)
6e0b110b04bf51c54e152373df69b0ea--fly-baby-one-word.jpg

That those who die from Coronavirus are generally are sick, old, fat and in poor health with underlying conditions. They would have likely succumbed to Influenza, but instead died from Coronavirus.
And, we will see lower numbers of flu deaths this fall, because many of those pending deaths are taking place now.
Your first paragraph is some of the most jackassed drivel I have ever read on here.

That those who die from Coronavirus are generally are sick, old, fat and in poor health with underlying conditions. They would have likely succumbed to Influenza, but instead died from Coronavirus.
And, we will see lower numbers of flu deaths this fall, because many of those pending deaths are taking place now.
You can fix fat but you can’t fix stupid

No, it's not. The flu is much, much less contagious as well as being much less lethal. Suggesting people were going to die anyway is uniformed and callous.

The people who die are older (88% 61+) and have pre-existing conditions.
The data is right there. Look for yourself.

It's going to be a great couple of weeks. The pandemic is ending, and Trump said health care reform is coming very soon. I believe he's said many, many good things are coming in the next 2-3 weeks. Immigration reform, prescription drug price relief, a trade bill, and a very powerful infrastructure bill.

Reactions: billanole
The people who die are older (88% 61+) and have pre-existing conditions.
The data is right there. Look for yourself.
Suggesting that people over 60 are expendable and that their lives have little to offer is horrific. People like you would let injured people at ERs die without care because, you know, they're going to die anyway.

Shameful.

According to a poster who I am not supposed to tag in threads now, presumably because it hurts his feelings.

This, though, seems a *bit* problematic:

Johnson County loses as many to COVID-19 in 3 weeks as it lost in the pandemic's first two months in Iowa

At 10 a.m. Thursday, Iowa was reporting an additional 649 cases of COVID-19 and 13 additional COVID-19-related deaths — including one from Johnson County, the county's eighth in three weeks — since the state's tally at 10 a.m. Wednesday, according to Coronavirus.Iowa.gov.

State officials report a total of 906 people with COVID-19 have died from the disease across the state, including 16 in Johnson County. Between June and the first part of July, the county had gone more than seven weeks without reporting a death related to the disease. The county saw its first death, Regina High School P.E. teacher and football coach John DeMarco, on April 4.

Hospitalizations related to the virus in southeast Iowa returned to levels not seen since April 26 on Wednesday. As of 10 a.m. Thursday, 61 people were hospitalized with the virus in the state's fifth Regional Medical Coordination Center, which includes Clinton, Des Moines, Henry, Iowa, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Keokuk, Lee, Muscatine, Scott, Van Buren, Wapello and Washington counties, down from 70 Wednesday. The region hit a peak of 88 hospitalized patients on April 22.
Well they've had 2/3 of their cases since the rioting, data can be easy if you try

Yes Riley, that is what anyone with a brain is going to gather from this thread. It was the guy who has started multiple threads about a bet that benefits a children's hospital, that played the middle school game of "im not talking about this guy but he knows who he is" that is perfectly confident and it was the responder who is insecure. Your analysis continues to be spot on. Would you like to address that you were in fact just peoven wrong about your quotes or should I start labeling you a "fraud"?

@RileyHawk

Would you like to address that you were just proven wrong with a direct quote or would you like me to start referring to you as fraudriley?
You can do what you want. Did I claim there was no mistake and challenge anyone to find a mistake and then try to cover my mistakes and then when outed claim everyone makes mistakes? You're a joke and a fraud.

I misunderstood who MitchLL was talking about. The comments still stand and have been proven even more true.

You can do what you want. Did I claim there was no mistake and challenge anyone to find a mistake and then try to cover my mistakes and then when outed claim everyone makes mistakes? You're a joke and a fraud.

I misunderstood who MitchLL was talking about. The comments still stand and have been proven even more true.
You misunderstood, or a mistake, sh1t happens. Now let's all move fwd.

(At no point in time have I said I wasn't mistaken for calling that guy "stupid". I have said I messed up. See what I did there riley? See how that all works? 2.5 years man, your calling me a fraud because I called a guy "stupid" 2.5 years ago. And at no time have I ever claimed to be perfect)

You misunderstood, or a mistake, sh1t happens. Now let's all move fwd.

(At no point in time have I said I wasn't mistaken for calling that guy "stupid". I have said I messed up. See what I did there riley? See how that all works? 2.5 years man, your calling me a fraud because I called a guy "stupid" 2.5 years ago. And at no time have I ever claimed to be perfect)
No - you said you had never done it and challenged anyone to find something otherwise. You tried to hide under a new monkier. You're a fraud. With no honor.

Name calling, such a sign of intelligence.

You are the one who calls people stupid who are obviously way more intelligent than you. And judging by your posts, I would assume you would proudly call yourself that.

1 single example of me being the "one who calls people stupid"... that's all you need. 1.

Have some honor.

No - you said you had never done it and challenged anyone to find something otherwise. You tried to hide under a new monkier. You're a fraud. With no honor.
And then you found one example, 2.5 years ago, of me calling someone stupid and I said "yupp, you got me". See how that worked?

No, it's not. The flu is much, much less contagious as well as being much less lethal . Suggesting people were going to die anyway is uniformed and callous.

Do you think the flu would be considered more contagious if over 1/2 of the US didn’t get the flu shot? Take a look back at 1918 and H1N1 and tell me it’s less contagious and lethal. I’ll give you a couple hints. H1N1 killed over 50 million globally. In October 1918, the flu killed over 195,000 in the US in just one month. Comparing the present day flu with a vaccine, to the novel COVID-19 doesn’t work.

Do you think the flu would be considered more contagious if over 1/2 of the US didn’t get the flu shot? Take a look back at 1918 and H1N1 and tell me it’s less contagious and lethal. I’ll give you a couple hints. H1N1 killed over 50 million globally. In October 1918, the flu killed over 195,000 in the US in just one month. Comparing the present day flu with a vaccine, to the novel COVID-19 doesn’t work.
That's over 100 years ago without the aid of knowledge and technology we have now. It spread because the efforts to contain it were very late and antiquated by today's standards. And the fact that the flu has been around is what makes it much less lethal today. Comparing C19 to the rise of the Spanish Flu is apt only in evaluation how they can spread. We have the ability (if not the will) to prevent it now that was not available then.

He isnt a journalist, he got canned. He is a marketing guy that pry makes 60k a year. Which may in fact be a upgrade from journalist all things considered.
At least he's not an anonymous fraud.

What do you do and how much do you make big guy?

Where are you getting your data on H1N1? Links?

Between April 12, 2009, and April 10, 2010, the CDC estimates swine flu caused 60.8 million illnesses, 273,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths in the U.S.

Globally, an estimated 151,700 to 575,400 people died from swine flu in the first year of the pandemic.

That's over 100 years ago without the aid of knowledge and technology we have now. It spread because the efforts to contain it were very late and antiquated by today's standards. And the fact that the flu has been around is what makes it much less lethal today. Comparing C19 to the rise of the Spanish Flu is apt only in evaluation how they can spread. We have the ability (if not the will) to prevent it now that was not available then.

We have the ability? How’s the world doing with that?

We also did not have the massive population in our country in 1918. People were much more spread out. We also did not have mass international travel by plane. Wouldn’t you say our efforts to contain covid are “late” and “antiquated”? Separate and wear a mask, that sound so modern!

From the CDC: “While the 1918 H1N1 virus has been synthesized and evaluated, the properties that made it so devastating are not well understood. With no vaccine to protect against influenza infection and no antibiotics to treat secondary bacterial infections that can be associated with influenza infections, control efforts worldwide were limited to non-pharmaceutical interventions such as isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and limitations of public gatherings, which were applied unevenly.”

Crazy how not much has changed in 100 years On how to fight this, except we have 3 times the population and our travel is light years more convenient and abundant.

We have the ability? How’s the world doing with that?

We also did not have the massive population in our country in 1918. People were much more spread out. We also did not have mass international travel by plane. Wouldn’t you say our efforts to contain covid are “late” and “antiquated”? Separate and wear a mask, that sound so modern!

From the CDC: “While the 1918 H1N1 virus has been synthesized and evaluated, the properties that made it so devastating are not well understood. With no vaccine to protect against influenza infection and no antibiotics to treat secondary bacterial infections that can be associated with influenza infections, control efforts worldwide were limited to non-pharmaceutical interventions such as isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and limitations of public gatherings, which were applied unevenly.”

Crazy how not much has changed in 100 years On how to fight this, except we have 3 times the population and our travel is light years more convenient and abundant.
Well, many parts of the world are doing well. The US, not so much.

Some of the methods that they learned in the 1918 still apply today (masks and separation) but they've been ignored or even discouraged by leadership which is a big reason for the issues we are seeing now. The Spanish Flu should serve as a lesson for us - cities that closed down sooner and for longer period fared much better both health wise and financially than those who opened more quickly. But again, that has gone largely ignored.

Still, we have far, far more ways to isolate and disinfect ourselves today. We also have tremendous technology to treat those infected and develop a vaccine or other remedy. We are in much better position to fight this pandemic today than we were 100 years ago. Hopefully our leadership doesn't undermine it so much that we end up like 1918.

Reactions: srams21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT