ADVERTISEMENT

$95/each For PSU and tOSU Huh

Wyoming has a solid coach in Bohl and a legit first round draft pick at QB
I know a family member of Bohl's quite well and she is very excited to see her first game in Kinnick in September. I tried to get some info on the Wyoming playbook but it didn't work. Said Craig is very happy there, building the program very similar to NDSU and while their QB will be taken very early in the 1st round, he can be a bit erratic and force throws and they lost a fair amount of offensive production to graduation.
Jewell and Niemann will need to have good game to contain him and Allen is a decent runner too.

The Wyoming game is not a "coin flip" game. Iowa wins that one 7 or 8 times out of 10.

Wyoming is +400 and Iowa is -500 according to the books. Easy money for you, lay a bunch on Wyoming.

I haven't seen a line yet, but that kind of moneyline is usually consistent with something like -10 or -10.5?

With all the TV money, tickets should be $20 bucks and concessions should all be a dollar. Make it easy to bring the family to a game. Bunch of greedy bastards.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
With all the TV money, tickets should be $20 bucks and concessions should all be a dollar. Make it easy to bring the family to a game. Bunch of greedy bastards.

Then demand would outweigh supply at those costs. Many fans who are willing to spend way more than that would pursue tickets aftermarket, and many fans complaining about the U being greedy for charging market price, would then turn around and sell their cheap tickets for market price, pocketing the same profit they were complying about the U taking.

Reactions: ichawk24
Then demand would outweigh supply at those costs. Many fans who are willing to spend way more than that would pursue tickets aftermarket, and many fans complaining about the U being greedy for charging market price, would then turn around and sell their cheap tickets for market price, pocketing the same profit they were complying about the U taking.
I see no downside to that.

Reactions: Pepperman
How many children actually attend these games? Btw 3k and 10k? I have no idea.
And at what age does a childs ticket get increased to an adult priced ticket? Is it equal to a movie type ticket?

Iowa has 7 days to raise FB revenue to the max availabe. If you cant figure that out, dont go. Dont pay.

How many children actually attend these games? Btw 3k and 10k? I have no idea.
And at what age does a childs ticket get increased to an adult priced ticket? Is it equal to a movie type ticket?

Iowa has 7 days to raise FB revenue to the max availabe. If you cant figure that out, dont go. Dont pay.
We aren't going to agree. The purpose of a state sponcered nonprofit sporting event should not be to maximize revenue. It should be to gather enough revenue to sustain the program and provide the fans with the best experience. The TV money means the scales on ticket prices should swing in favor of the fans.

Where did I say Iowa would start 0-3?
We aren't going to agree. The purpose of a state sponcered nonprofit sporting event should not be to maximize revenue. It should be to gather enough revenue to sustain the program and provide the fans with the best experience. The TV money means the scales on ticket prices should swing in favor of the fans.
Never gonna happen as long as FBALL and BBALL have to support all thee BS sports no one cares to attend or watch....

Reactions: the24fan
Never gonna happen as long as FBALL and BBALL have to support all thee BS sports no one cares to attend or watch....
That's just it. Attendance for those games no longer has to support all the other sports. The new TV contract does that. You could make the games free and still have the revenue to fund the programs. We are rich. We are a non profit state foundation. It's time to invest some of this new wealth into the fans. Take care of the alumni. Now when we start paying the athletes, I may rethink, but today we are awash with cash looking for a place to be spent. The obvious solution is a "tax cut" for the fans.

That's just it. Attendance for those games no longer has to support all the other sports. The new TV contract does that. You could make the games free and still have the revenue to fund the programs. We are rich. We are a non profit state foundation. It's time to invest some of this new wealth into the fans. Take care of the alumni. Now when we start paying the athletes, I may rethink, but today we are awash with cash looking for a place to be spent. The obvious solution is a "tax cut" for the fans.
I assume you live in Colorado and smoke weed...cause this is never going to happen.

Then you should have an equal chance at 3-0 as well, but you didn't mention that possibility.

I do not think this is correct statistically. If two events are each 50/50, aren't the odds that both happen 25/75?

This is where you lost me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT