ADVERTISEMENT

$95/each For PSU and tOSU Huh

I do not think this is correct statistically. If two events are each 50/50, aren't the odds that both happen 25/75?

I wondered about that myself after I posted it. But I think the odds of 3-0 are the same as the odds of 1-2 in that scenario is what I meant. 2-1 might have higher odds than both, which is what I think you're saying?

Attendance for those games no longer has to support all the other sports. The new TV contract does that. You could make the games free and still have the revenue to fund the programs.

If you did this, you'd begin losing in a competitive marketplace populated by all the other FBS programs. If Iowa forgoes tens of millions in revenue "for the benefit of the fans", they'd get killed by all the other schools that are raking in the ticket revenue and using that extra revenue to provide their sports a competitive edge.

How much of a fan experience would it be if the football team started going 1-11 every season? You'd enter a revenue death spiral, as football would have 50k in attendance despite slashing ticket prices.

Suddenly, the entire athletic department would be in very poor condition.

If you did this, you'd begin losing in a competitive marketplace populated by all the other FBS programs. If Iowa forgoes tens of millions in revenue "for the benefit of the fans", they'd get killed by all the other schools that are raking in the ticket revenue and using that extra revenue to provide their sports a competitive edge.

How much of a fan experience would it be if the football team started going 1-11 every season? You'd enter a revenue death spiral, as football would have 50k in attendance despite slashing ticket prices.

Suddenly, the entire athletic department would be in very poor condition.
Oh I doubt that. New tennis courts and swimming pools don't have much to do with keeping football competitive. The TV money is enough to fund the sports that matter.

You think Iowa could compete just as well after forgoing tens of millions in revenue?

You're an idiot.

I always laugh when people complain about ticket prices being high.

You can take your pick.
1) Iowa sets the ticket price at $95,scalpers resell for $125.
2) Iowa sets the ticket price at $25, scalpers resell for $125.

Do you want the scalper to get the markup on the ticket, or do you want the University to get that money?
Pretty easy decision on the Universities part. They know the value of each game, so why not maximize profits?

Reactions: ichawk24
They can get it for those games...they are lucky to get $10 for North Texas or Rutgers...so it balances out

Anybody else thinks it's funny that original poster thinks ticket prices are really steep and then boasts that they may drop a grand on a 13 point underdog??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT