ADVERTISEMENT

96.3 mph. Wow. Brody Brecht is a Potential Top 5 Round MLB Draft Pick

curious as to source
He’s got good info.

Regarding rotation, Mazur & wide open for other 2. Lots of candidates. Not putting down Schultz at all, but nowhere near a lock. Heck all 3 might be open. Best group of arms we’ve seen.

Personally I expect Mazur. Want to see it click for Davitt & have him be what he can be & then one of the freshman. Brecht has electric stuff just will need to settle in. There was low hanging fruit with Morgan they found in the fall & he’s made a jump already.

I can hit a golf ball 310 but no control of where that 310 is. BB has an arm, no doubt - accuracy improvement is needed.

I can hit a golf ball 310 but no control of where that 310 is. BB has an arm, no doubt - accuracy improvement is needed.

I'll take "Understatements" for $500, Alex.

He's Nuke LaLoosh at this point. If I was Herky, there's no way that I'd be walking anywhere close to the backstop screen while Brecht is warming up.

Are you saying that because of his baseball prospects? Or he’s just done with football? We have no WR depth and he’s been less than stellar with his command on the mound
I just don't think he can do both and I think he's got a better chance in baseball if he can control his pitches.

Just don't see his body type holding up for football.

Just my uneducated guess, nothing else.

Just forces Heller to cover the scholly.

I bet Coach Heller would be thrilled if BB gave up football.
He would not be thrilled from a money standpoint. It’s not as easy as the baseball team just covering the scholarship. They only have 11.7

Reactions: 2bagger22
Brecht pitched a perfect 5 innings today in a 7-1 win over Quinnipiac. Rick Heller pulled him after 68 pitches.

His stat line:

5 Innings Pitched
68 total pitches (4.53 pitches/batter faced)
44 strikes

15 batters faced
10 Strike outs
4 ground outs
1 fly out

0 Walks
0 Wild Pitches
0 Hit by Pitch
0 Balks

0 Hits
0 Runs
0 Errors by the team