ADVERTISEMENT

A Boy and His Dream

PHawkKenyon

Team MVP
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2016
Cedar Rapids
A teammate I was riding with to a 15u basketball tourney said, “my dream is to play short stop for the NY Yankees.” As 15 year olds, we laugh because he was our “designated 3pt shooter” off the bench for Kazoo Blues AAU (Kalamazoo, MI). Fast forward to spring 1992. That same teammate was drafted #9 to who else, the NY Yankees. My friend went to U of Michigan in the Fall of 1992, but his DREAM was to play in the MLB and it was right there in front of him. My friend and AAU teammate, Derek Jeter, wanted to fulfill his dream and he left the University of Michigan to do so. He turned out pretty well. I am not saying that Keegan will be a HOF player like my guy, but if he can live his dream, he gets to make that decision.

Last edited:
A teammate I was riding with to a 15u basketball tourney said, “my dream is to play short stop for the NY Yankees.” As 15 year olds, we laugh because he was our “designated 3pt shooter” off the bench for Kazoo Blues AAU (Kalamazoo, MI). Fast forward to spring 1992. That same teammate was drafted #9 to who else, the NY Yankees. My friend went to U of Michigan in the Fall of 1992, but his DREAM was to play in the MLB and it was right there in front of him. My friend and AAU teammate, Derek Jeter, wanted to fulfill his dream and he left the University of Michigan to do so. He turned out pretty well. I am not saying that Keegan will be a HOF player like my guy, but if he can live his dream, he gets to make that decision.
If any Iowa fan gets upset when Keegan declares for the NBA draft, that is on them. I think pretty much every Iowa fan is grateful for Keegan’s time at Iowa and is excited for his future in the NBA. As far as I’m concerned, he’ll go down as one of the all-time greats to put on an Iowa uniform.

Btw, if you guys have any influence over who drafts Keegan, any chance you would consider pushing for the Atlanta Hawks? I only ask because I am able to get court side seats. 😁 TIA

If any Iowa fan gets upset when Keegan declares for the NBA draft, that is on them. I think pretty much every Iowa fan is grateful for Keegan’s time at Iowa and is excited for his future in the NBA. As far as I’m concerned, he’ll go down as one of the all-time greats to put on an Iowa uniform.

Btw, if you guys have any influence over who drafts Keegan, any chance you would consider pushing for the Atlanta Hawks? I only ask because I am able to get court side seats. 😁 TIA
I will not be mad if Keegan goes pro. If he does I totally get it. I think most of us here do.

I've said it before, I would never begrudge somebody their dreams if the time has come.

I’d echo what was stated above - no need to apologize for him leaving. We all expect it and pretty much know it’s the only logical move he has now.
Wouldn’t it be funny/awesome, though, if Kenyon is actually sitting back snickering because Keegan is actually staying one more year and this thread is just to troll us all???? 😆🤔😛

Loved watching Kenyon play for Dr. Tom, have loved watching the twins come out of nowhere to become forces. Will I be sad if Keegan leaves, of course the biggest part of me will because of what could be next year. Having said that, whatever he does, I’ll follow his career closely and cheer for him.

Kid is legit. I’m know I’m not the only one but I didn’t see it out of hs. The highlights from prep did pique my interest but I’d be lying if I said I thought Keegan would be a 2 and done and he most certainly is. What I’ve been most impressed with is his athleticism. I have found myself, many times, thinking he could have jumped 3-4 feet farther out and still dunked it. He moves so smoothly it’s almost as if he’s gliding.
when you find yourself rewinding a live game to go back and look at something, you know you’re seeing something special. I’m sure you know dad, enjoy every second of this.

That’s because you’re sane and understand it’s the best decision for Keegan.

Not all Iowa fans are that smart. 😉

You're probably one of the more stupid Iowa fans. After all, you're the one who has no understanding of what Connor brings to the table and why he plays. Instead, as soon as the season ended, you started a thread on why you HATE Jbo and Connor and that you hope that Connor does not return next season.

I’ll be more upset if he stays. No reason to stay in this garbage program. NBA or transfer to a real contender. I’ll understand either way and still be a huge fan.

That’s wild! Do you still keep in contact with him?

Reactions: Pepperman and Moral
Kid is legit. I’m know I’m not the only one but I didn’t see it out of hs. The highlights from prep did pique my interest but I’d be lying if I said I thought Keegan would be a 2 and done and he most certainly is. What I’ve been most impressed with is his athleticism. I have found myself, many times, thinking he could have jumped 3-4 feet farther out and still dunked it. He moves so smoothly it’s almost as if he’s gliding.
when you find yourself rewinding a live game to go back and look at something, you know you’re seeing something special. I’m sure you know dad, enjoy every second of this.
Don't tell me Keegan's gonna be a Yankee!!

:)

#SecureTheBag Keegan!!!

I watch a lot of NBA so I am super excited to see him excel with the best of the best. I could only imagine how awesome it would be on being able to go up against LBJ before he retires.

You're probably one of the more stupid Iowa fans. After all, you're the one who has no understanding of what Connor brings to the table and why he plays. Instead, as soon as the season ended, you started a thread on why you HATE Jbo and Connor and that you hope that Connor does not return next season.

Dude just stop. You and your 50k posts scream: I live in my parents basement and I have nothing to do in the real world.
If you can’t stand his opinions put him on mute.
i’d do the same to you but I need a good laugh now and then.
ps here’s generally where you call for back up.

Fran, please consider purchasing some Midol to have around the house. It would definitely come in handy for you.

It’s really none of our business. But I do appreciate the insight you share. A young person should 💯 go after their dreams. I value a college degree but that can be accomplished in a variety of ways. Also, it seems Keegan has a good head on his shoulders as well as a great support system. I wish him nothing but the best.

Any chance Keegan OR Kris want to be the QB for the Hawkeye football team, lead them to a B1G title, National Championship, then go play for the New York Knicks? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Kenyon, anyone with half a brain knows that Keegan will be gone - as well he should be. No need to try to sell or rationalize it.

I have a bad feeling you're laying a foundation for Kris’ departure though. I hope Kris is back, but it's Kris' decision; nobody else's at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Dude just stop. You and your 50k posts scream: I live in my parents basement and I have nothing to do in the real world.
If you can’t stand his opinions put him on mute.
i’d do the same to you but I need a good laugh now and then.
ps here’s generally where you call for back up.

You are such a clown.

And yes, @TheTruthTheWholeTruth , among others, can't help but mock you for your horrible takes.

I am guessing @PHawkKenyon was left shaking his head after reading the thread that you created immediately after Iowa lost on Thursday where you ignorantly and pathetically bashed Connor and Jbo.

you’re weird but we’ve already discussed this. I’m more interested in seeing how many times you’ll beg Kenyon for attention and approval!

Edit to say this is absolutely the wrong thread for you to be doing what you’re doing. You should know that. If you delete your posts I’ll delete this one too. Up to you.

26b27de371679307ee572f58e37c87fa.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT