ADVERTISEMENT

A CHEERLEADER

seam

HR All-American
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2002
In his February 7, 2020, interview with Bob Woodward, Trump clearly stated how devastating the pandemic could be. Later that day when addressing the American public, Trump deceitfully downplayed the significance of Covid-19 in America. He justifies that tactic by declaring that Americans needed him to be a cheerleader. He didn't want us to panic. Personally, I think we needed someone other than a cheerleader. If you wish to continue with the sports analogy, maybe a top notch NFL or college coach, AD, General Manager, team president, team owner?
But a Cheerleader? I can understands how the Dallas Cowboys Cheer squad might brighten a few folks' attitude. But a Cheerleader to guide us through what Trump knew on February 7th was going to be an incredibly challenging national pandemic? That certainly gives insight into how Trump handles his personal
crises!
PS. Sorry about the absence of pics!

Leading with this thread title and providing no pics?

giphy.gif

JFC, Anyone with half a brain knew what he was doing, he was calming the public and the markets. He put a travel ban on China, then Europe, then we started the entire social distancing thing in March. Everyone, and I mean everyone knew he was playing the optimist. For the Democrats and the news media to sound so shocked is just ridiculous and disingenuous. Just Democratic politics.

JFC, Anyone with half a brain knew what he was doing, he was calming the public and the markets. He put a travel ban on China, then Europe, then we started the entire social distancing thing in March. Everyone, and I mean everyone knew he was playing the optimist. For the Democrats and the news media to sound so shocked is just ridiculous and disingenuous. Just Democratic politics.
I hope your rant was sarcasm!

The sad thing is you actually believe this.

Trump certainly strikes me as an optimistic fellow.

In his February 7, 2020, interview with Bob Woodward, Trump clearly stated how devastating the pandemic could be. Later that day when addressing the American public, Trump deceitfully downplayed the significance of Covid-19 in America. He justifies that tactic by declaring that Americans needed him to be a cheerleader. He didn't want us to panic. Personally, I think we needed someone other than a cheerleader. If you wish to continue with the sports analogy, maybe a top notch NFL or college coach, AD, General Manager, team president, team owner?
But a Cheerleader? I can understands how the Dallas Cowboys Cheer squad might brighten a few folks' attitude. But a Cheerleader to guide us through what Trump knew on February 7th was going to be an incredibly challenging national pandemic? That certainly gives insight into how Trump handles his personal
crises!
You creepin' on @WorldSeriesChamps2015's bid for WPOTY?
giphy.gif

crises!

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

You creepin' on @WorldSeriesChamps2015's bid for WPOTY?
giphy.gif

What a fuggin’ dick he is for that! Love the gif!

Reactions: Tenacious E
crises!

Yeah thanks. Now what am I gonna do with all of these loose tissues?

Reactions: pink shizzle
Basically Trump and Churchill. They will go down as the greatest wartime leaders of all time. FDR was a cripple, so nobody likes to be associated with that.

So, when you get cancer, how long would you like your oncologist to be your cheerleader? Two
months, 6 months? Because you certainly want to stay optimistic! You don't want family/loved ones to panic. No need for you to panic in the first few months of your newly diagnosed disease! Eh? You have plenty of time to prepare and conquer!

For children, you might want to protect and insulate them from bad news. For adults, well, most of us are mature enough to handle the truth and and creative enough to design a plan so we can expeditiously move forward. Obviously, you don't include yourself, and your fellow minions, in that category.

Yes - it took a day or so for those who will support Trump no matter what to get themselves convinced on this one, but we knew it would happen. Their line now is "of course he was cheerleading instead of actually leading" as though that's what is needed in a crisis.
I was a thigh school game last week and the cheerleaders were leading a chant.....

Hey Hey what do we say
It'll all go away
It'll all go away
Hey Hey what'd we do
We beat the flu
We beat the flu

Reactions: seam
The silly liberals in this thread all forget that back in February Trump was being criticized for reacting to the virus too seriously by elected liberal politicians from coast to coast

The silly liberals in this thread all forget that back in February Trump was being criticized for reacting to the virus too seriously by elected liberal politicians from coast to coast
So what? That's your excuse for him abdicating his leadership responsibilities and functionally ignoring the crisis? Because he didn't want his political opponents to criticize him?

All the more evidence he is unfit for the Presidency.

Deflect. Deflect!
Also, you are correct. I do not remember liberal politicians from coast to coast criticizing the Chief Moron for reacting too seriously. A search into your accusations was unfruitful. Would you please share a few links substantiating your position? TIA

So calling it a Dem hoax was being an optimist and people knew and understood that?

I think I have identified the issue. Too many Americans don’t understand Trumpanzee

Reactions: seam and RileyHawk

That's pure bullshirt. He was protecting his stock market that's so dear to a few of his rich friends as well as his reelection. He did nothing during a 71 days stretch other than hold rallies. play golf and lie as usual to the American public.

Last edited:
Deflect. Deflect!
Also, you are correct. I do not remember liberal politicians from coast to coast criticizing the Chief Moron for reacting too seriously. A search into your accusations was unfruitful. Would you please share a few links substantiating your position? TIA

You probably wanted to visit Chinatown and go to a couple movies after Pelosi and Diblasio assured us everything was okay

You probably wanted to visit Chinatown and go to a couple movies after Pelosi and Diblasio assured us everything was okay
I did because there was no reason not to - despite some morons who were spreading rumors that the virus came from Chinese food.

You forgot to mention those two are mask advocates and have been for some time.

Donald Trump is the President, who had been responsible for the USA federal response to COVID-19. The other people you cite are not in charge. Americans paid attention to what the President said about COVID-19, as well as his actions.

With the top job comes the responsibility. No amount of deflection changes that.

And this is your response to a request to validate your accusations that liberals criticized Trump's early response to Covid. Small wonder you aren't taken seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT