ADVERTISEMENT

A Corridor entertainment venue in Iowa City has apparently been getting roasted for canceling an appearance by controversial comedian Dave Chappelle

He has hit the skids if he’s even thinking about performing on the East Side.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
I used to drive by this place everyday to work. It's pretty comical to think they would have any chance in booking Chappelle.

I didn’t watch the last one, but based on the one before it, they overpaid. His best days are (sadly) well behind him.
I wouldn't necessarily say his best days are behind him. I think one issue is that he has tried to churn out way too much content recently. He has done something like 7 full-length standup specials in the past 5 years. It's hard to come up with that much new material. Maybe he needs to take a couple years off and refresh himself.

One big problem he has is that he constantly plays the victim card. It's pretty hard to listen to a world famous filthy rich guy bitch about how bad he has it.

Well, that’s ironic, given that the problem everyone has with him right now is that they view him as a bully.

Reactions: shoot_the_three
Well, that’s ironic, given that the problem everyone has with him right now is that they view him as a bully.
I've seen two of his Netflix specials. Both centered around how unfairly he was treated and how hard he has it. It comes across as ridiculous from the mouth of a blindingly famous and rich person.

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT