ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of times I hoped the hawks could avg 31 pts a game on offense instead of 23; lowered expectations now

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I know many of you have wished for a higher scoring offense many years. Starting in 2006 for a few seasons and again in 2012-24 I just thought now many more games the hawks could win with their usual really good defense but an offense that averaged just one TD more or less per game. Instead of averaging 23-24 pts having an average of 30-31 pts per game. In 2015 iirc we had run game coord Brian F and Davis as OC with a really good OLine, running backs, a top QB, and a whole bunch of good WRs and TEnds. Bingo a magical season.

I would think Kirk and his offensive coaches are really striving to score one more TD per game than their avg based on opponent.

Now with the last two years of excellent defense but even worsening offense will Kirk do a post-2014 change program to get back to higher scoring offense? If he doesnt I am sure not looking forward to next year's offense.

Do you think Kirk will do a Kirk 3.0 or 4.0 or not and how?

I know many of you have wished for a higher scoring offense many years. Starting in 2006 for a few seasons and again in 2012-24 I just thought now many more games the hawks could win with their usual really good defense but an offense that averaged just one TD more or less per game. Instead of averaging 23-24 pts having an average of 30-31 pts per game. In 2015 iirc we had run game coord Brian F and Davis as OC with a really good OLine, running backs, a top QB, and a whole bunch of good WRs and TEnds. Bingo a magical season.

I would think Kirk and his offensive coaches are really striving to score one more TD per game than their avg based on opponent.

Now with the last two years of excellent defense but even worsening offense will Kirk do a post-2014 change program to get back to higher scoring offense? If he doesnt I am sure not looking forward to next year's offense.

Do you think Kirk will do a Kirk 3.0 or 4.0 or not and how?
I think Ferentz isn’t going to change much. He’s not dumb, he knows the offense isn’t great, but I think he truly believes he isn’t far off from being good. I think he goes after transfer portal QB, and prolly not anything super flashy. Think he gets a grad transfer lineman. If he keeps proctor I think he is satisfied with that. Maybe a JUCO WR.. again nothing fancy… he might be forced to get rid of Barnett… might hire an actual QB coach.

Now what I want is BF demoted to OL and run game coordinator.. but that’s prolly not super likely.
So basically ferentz 1.5

ADVERTISEMENT