ADVERTISEMENT

A couple teams trending better in 2021

cidsports

HB King

I will suggest the 2021 Minnesota team. The game later this season will likely be a more challenging game then 2019.

They opened 10-0 in 2019 wasn't it?

The three games to open 2021 are far better tests than what they witnessed in 2019. This press conference is impressive from PJ Fleck.

He is passionate about football and player development. He isn't Kirk Ferentz, but impressive comments on how he seeks to develop Minnesota into a developmental program.

Not a fan of his on field behavior and stick, but he is a good head football coach.

Two others that I would place on trending well are in the Top 10 in country now.

I honestly though Ohio State would take care of business against Oregon. Their QB played well on the road. No question, the defense in Columbus by the Buckeyes is a major issue.

Of course, in 2014, in Week 2, Ohio State lost 35-21 in Columbus to an unranked Virginia Tech team.

Ohio State rebounded in a high level. Wisconsin was blanked in Indianapolis.

Back to Oregon, QB Anthony Brown looked far better than last time Iowa played against him.

I like Oregon's head coach. He is a good one and could make the Pac 12 relevant again.

The next two weeks and throughout the season player development is always critical.

Iowa typically improves as the season goes on. Two true freshmen played key back up roles in Ames.

They were not the skill players, but the journey ahead in 2021 should be a good one.

Happy September 14th, Iowa is 2-0. Life is good!

On Iowa!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News