ADVERTISEMENT

A DAY LATE

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
HEY- Happy 4th to the best fans in all of sports!

I know everyone is struggling with all the crap going on these day and wondering what in hell is next? Somehow, someway, we will get to the other side and better times once again!

Not sure how it was around our great country last night? I will tell you here on LI, NY I have never seen such a display of fireworks in my lifetime! Tells me that there are millions of great Americans who love this country!

GOD BLESS THE USA!

I thought the fireworks were loud and annoying (have I told anyone to get off my lawn recently?). It was good to see a lot of small neighborhood cook outs, some fireworks, etc.

I feel bad for the neighborhood dogs, so hopefully their owners spoiled them.

In my town the cops put a hard stop on fireworks at 10:30. They announced on Facebook all day that anyone shooting anything off after then would be visited by the cops. Honestly it worked like a charm. At 10:30 the town fire sirens went off, and not one thing went boom after.

Hope you guys had a pleasant day too. Long live the American hope.

I thought the fireworks were loud and annoying (have I told anyone to get off my lawn recently?). It was good to see a lot of small neighborhood cook outs, some fireworks, etc.

In my town the cops put a hard stop on fireworks at 10:30. They announced on Facebook all day that anyone shooting anything off after then would be visited by the cops. Honestly it worked like a charm. At 10:30 the town fire sirens went off, and not one thing went boom after.

Wish that had been implemented in my hood. For weeks leading up to the 4th, our Chief posted a lot about a $1000 fine for anyone setting off fireworks (all fireworks are illegal in the People’s Republic of Los Angeles). Between the hours of 7pm till midnight there was a non-stop barrage of fireworks that sounded like friggin’ Beirut. Didn’t see one officer. Social media posts from neighbors indicated our officers were dealing with too many domestic disputes to handle fireworks calls. I thought my poor dog was going to have a heart attack. I medicated him, didn’t work.

Wish that had been implemented in my hood. For weeks leading up to the 4th, our Chief posted a lot about a $1000 fine for anyone setting off fireworks (all fireworks are illegal in the People’s Republic of Los Angeles). Between the hours of 7pm till midnight there was a non-stop barrage of fireworks that sounded like friggin’ Beirut. Didn’t see one officer. Social media posts from neighbors indicated our officers were dealing with too many domestic disputes to handle fireworks calls. I thought my poor dog was going to have a heart attack. I medicated him, didn’t work.

poor guy.

You can only implement it if the people will listen.

I’m lucky to be staying in a suburb that’s very diverse and a police force that almost everyone likes (almost every cop in town is involved in youth sports. Most police interactions involving kids can be settled with “should I text your mom/dad”.). Even in this current climate, when the police ask, we listen because no one wants to be chewed out by someone they know or who knows their kids. But if they were a bunch of chumps no one liked? It would have never worked.

poor guy.

I’m lucky to be staying in a suburb that’s very diverse and a police force that almost everyone likes (almost every cop in town is involved in youth sports. Most police interactions involving kids can be settled with “should I text your mom/dad”.). Even in this current climate, when the police ask, we listen because no one wants to be chewed out by someone they know or who knows their kids. But if they were a bunch of chumps no one liked? It would have never worked.

Obviously folks are bored as hell with nothing to do (cause the county cancelled ALL firework shows, plenty of protests were approved however). The community voiced there displeasure with the cancellations loud and clear.

poor guy.

Great idea about stopping at 10:30!

Sounds like a great place to live. Where exactly is it?

Fireworks are illegal inside city limits in San Antonio And several surrounding municipalities, but that didn’t stop people. If the police actually saw someone setting off fireworks that is the only time they will take action. Having a neighbor or you calling about fireworks going off will get the response “an officer will be dispatched shortly “.

Reactions: el dub
People around me in the middle of Iowa City had been shooting off fireworks even past midnight and some today (also around June 19th). I didn't look it up but I don't know if you can do that in your backyard in the city. If you can fine more power to you.

so 4th of july,saturday night people really need a reason to smile and what call the cops?

We have a neighbor who detonates “ordinance,” on holidaze. His shite seriously rattles windows, so the blasts are few and far between as he doesn’t want the law to zero in on him. The cats hate it but it makes me laugh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT