ADVERTISEMENT

A few hours in QC

Torbee has a new plan to promote harmony in his marriage.
He and his wife will sleep in separate beds. Torbee now sleeps
in Moline, Illinois and his wife still sleeps in Davenport, Iowa.

Bottom Line: Thanks to the I-74 Bridge over the Mississippi River
Torbee and his wife are only 12 miles apart at night.

I've had Maid Rite many times, mostly in Wichita. The Happy Joes in Kewanee had a pizza buffet tonight. I was tempted to hit that but tacos and Whitey's were calling my name. Taco John's and Whitey's are winners.
Next time try Rudy’s Tacos. It’s white peiple Mexican food like TJ’s but they also sell booze. Go to either the Village of E. Davenport one or the one on Elmore.
wpd8fc2b3d_05_06.jpg

May we never forget that Maid Rite was created in Muscatine,
Iowa in 1926. A local butcher Fred Angeli put it together and
began selling franchises the next year. The company remained
in the family until it was sold in 1982.

Reactions: torbee
Next time try Rudy’s Tacos. It’s white peiple Mexican food like TJ’s but they also sell booze. Go to either the Village of E. Davenport one or the one on Elmore.
wpd8fc2b3d_05_06.jpg
Or peruse the musings of sailorjerry for the culinary delights the quad city greater metropolitan area has to offer

Last edited:
wpd8fc2b3d_05_06.jpg

I like the old school ground beef tacos with the crispy shells. We had a chain in Miami that is long gone called Taco Viva. Taco John’s is fairly similar.

Reactions: cfbfan23
I like the old school ground beef tacos with the crispy shells. We had a chain in Miami that is long gone called Taco Viva. Taco John’s is fairly similar.
If you're still in the mood for more tacos, East Moline area you have a couple options there with Adolph's and Rudy's both nearby, similar to TJ those are more American / crunchy / ground beef. Couple more authentic Mexican places are Los Charros and Taqueria La Rosa. I see you already found the best ice cream. Other places nearby are Steel Plow which has good burgers and Tap 22 which has good food and great Tin Can nachos.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Thanks to all who provided suggestions. I will be back in March or April when it’s warmer.

Whitey’s is seriously good. I almost went back last night for more ice cream.

Thanks to all who provided suggestions. I will be back in March or April when it’s warmer.

Whitey’s is seriously good. I almost went back last night for more ice cream.
So cool. Make sure to get a vanilla malt with either heath bar or butterfingers, or both!

Reactions: Sexican
ADVERTISEMENT