ADVERTISEMENT

A few hours in QC

I thought you lived in that other town on the other side of North/South Kimberly? When did you move to the hood?

I'm about a 5 minute drive Northeast of there, btw.
Autumn of 2020. As soon as the last kid was out of the nest, we returned to the Dirty D (I never wanted to leave, Mrs. Torbee insisted on PV schools, blech.)

Reactions: HawCory
Autumn of 2020. As soon as the last kid was out of the nest, we returned to the Dirty D (I never wanted to leave, Mrs. Torbee insisted on PV schools, blech.)
I always thought it would be great to own one of the older homes on Brady overlooking Vanderveer Park. Love the character of those homes.

Reactions: torbee and HawCory
I always thought it would be great to own one of the older homes on Brady overlooking Vanderveer Park. Love the character of those homes.
I've lived in a house near there that was the same age as those houses. It seemed like a great idea, but upkeep was a pain in the ass. Every time we wanted to update/replace something, it was way more work than you expect.

Also, if your wife(pics please) is like my wife(no pics) and is always cold, an old drafty house just causes a sharp increase in the complaint department.

Last edited:
Reactions: markfromj
It looks like I will be in Kewanee next Saturday, June 24th. I’m not sure how long I will be there.

Casey’s breakfast pizza will be enjoyed daily for the duration of my stay.

If you’re going to go that route, swing for the fences and go for the big ol’ mansions overlooking the mighty missus sip.

Reactions: General Tso
Mary Good is 69 years old and her husband Philip is 88 years old.
The almost 20 year difference in ages has not hurt their business
success at their furniture store. Her TV commercials have been seen
in the Peoria, Illinois metro area as well as the Quad Cities.

Reactions: torbee
I ran in a 5k once and was right behind Mary from Good’s.

Her ass was huge.

spit-take-drink.gif

Mary Good is 69 years old and her husband Philip is 88 years old.
The almost 20 year difference in ages has not hurt their business
success at their furniture store. Her TV commercials have been seen
in the Peoria, Illinois metro area as well as the Quad Cities.

I guess that makes her regional midwest royalty.

Whitey’s looks really good. I’d be a fat mofo if I lived in the QC.

Whitey’s looks really good. I’d be a fat mofo if I lived in the QC.

Cannot beat street tacos at Los Agaves with Whiteys ice cream or chocolate shake for dessert

Reactions: TC Nole OX
No, level up with the taco supreme and get sour cream, black olives, and onion. For Whitey’s, vanilla malt with either butterfinger or Heath bar FTW.

There’s like a half dozen flavors of the regular ice cream that look really good and the same for the milkshakes.

There’s like a half dozen flavors of the regular ice cream that look really good and the same for the milkshakes.
Malt is the way to go. I mean you can’t go wrong, but trust me, the butterfinger malt is amazing. Heath is great too.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT